ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Extention Validity

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

T1 Extention Validity

Post by Oasis-inin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if this question is been asked before and really sorry if it has been :-(

I am under the impression if some is on 2 + 3 years i.e.HSMP plus tier 1 n now wants to go for 2nd extention, he will be granted FLR for another 3 years but I have recently learned that as per the rules and a post by Pramo if you were granted Tier 1 before 06 Apr 2010 then extention will only be for 2 years irrespective of your previous extention.

To keep thinks simple.. For e.g
One has intial HSMP granted in 2008 and that was for 2 years.
first extention granted in 2010 for 3 years as tier 1.

and if one goes for 2nd extention, what would be the period or length of new extention?

Many thanks in advance.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:51 pm

If you received 3 years in initial extension, it was either because you applied under rules in place after 6 April 2010 or a mistake (you even quote that it depends on whether it's before or after April 2010, but then you do not clear up when in 2010 you actually applied - something which is material). Given that it wasn't a mistake and you switched into Tier 1 (General) after 6 April 2010, then you will get 3 years again.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

Post by Oasis-inin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi mulderof

Thank you for your reply.
I dont think it was a mistake regarding my intial extention as my intial hsmp was for 2years so I was entitled for 3 years as a general rule of 2+3 n I did apply before 06 apr 2010. As this will be a 2nd extention so should I still get 3 years?

Link which I was talking about:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 4&start=20

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

Post by Oasis-inin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Quote from UKBA

245CB. Period and conditions of grant(a)
Leave to remain will be granted for a period of 2 years, to an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010.

(b) in all other cases, leave to remain will be granted for a period of 3 years.

I am still confused :-(

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

Post by Oasis-inin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:51 am

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

Post by Oasis-inin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Good afternoon all..

Please forumers and especially seniors help me with my query.
I would be most greatful to you.

Thank you