ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric officer - finger prints taken at police station

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahid2000
Member of Standing

biometric officer - finger prints taken at police station

Post by shahid2000 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:52 pm

A number of people say that the biometric officer during ILR PEO ask if the finger prints were taken any time in the past at a police station.
My finger prints were taken in a police station around 4 years ago. I was arrested and released shortly afterwards and never charged with anything.

Does this affect my application in any way? I think i should tell them that yes they were taken, do i need any proof (what????) that i was arrested in error and never charged with anything?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:35 pm

can a guru please reply. i have my appointment in about 2 weeks.

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:17 am

What if I do not remember? Why do they ask this question in the first place?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: biometric officer - finger prints taken at police statio

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 am

shahid2000 wrote:A number of people say that the biometric officer during ILR PEO ask if the finger prints were taken any time in the past at a police station.
My finger prints were taken in a police station around 4 years ago. I was arrested and released shortly afterwards and never charged with anything.

Does this affect my application in any way? I think i should tell them that yes they were taken, do i need any proof (what????) that i was arrested in error and never charged with anything?
Yes you need to declare and explain the reason . If you remember when and where(police station) your arrested , ask them to provide any clarification letter regarding that if they can. If not apply SAR in police station to check whether that is recorded(highly unlikely as you say it is mistake).
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:02 am

kiranchinnu wrote:
shahid2000 wrote:A number of people say that the biometric officer during ILR PEO ask if the finger prints were taken any time in the past at a police station.

Yes you need to declare and explain the reason . If you remember when and where(police station) your arrested , ask them to provide any clarification letter regarding that if they can. If not apply SAR in police station to check whether that is recorded(highly unlikely as you say it is mistake).

This was about 5 years ago in 2008. I have had a Tier 1 General extension after this in 2010. Obviously there were no BRP at that time so i simply filled the form saying "no" where it asks about personal history and convictions etc.
I have applied for CRB but it has not arrived yet.
Where do i "declare" this??

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:16 am

shahid2000 wrote:
kiranchinnu wrote:
Sorry I should I have read it properly,When BIOMETRICS taken at ILR PEO they will give a form to fill and sign , in that form it ask's for whether you have given fingerprints previosuly when applying for visa NOT POLICESTATION. So your answer will be NO.Dont worry and pls disreagard my previous answer.

This was about 5 years ago in 2008. I have had a Tier 1 General extension after this in 2010. Obviously there were no BRP at that time so i simply filled the form saying "no" where it asks about personal history and convictions etc.
I have applied for CRB but it has not arrived yet.
Where do i "declare" this??
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:24 am

Cheers mate.