ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change during Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EMC2

Name change during Naturalisation

Post by EMC2 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:00 am

Hi,

Please could someone answer this query?

Can we use Naturalisation (AN Form) to change my wife surname to my name? She is still using her maiden name on her all official documents including her passport and ILR BRP.

I have the marriage certificate with English translation issued back from Pakistan + my British Passport to suppot suname change.

Can we put my name in section 1.5 of AN Form and give details on page 13?

Can we skip deed poll procdure?

Many thanks

ukcitizen1912
Newly Registered

Name change during naturalisation

Post by ukcitizen1912 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi,
I have the same question, I want to change my name from maiden to married during naturalisation. I have marriage certificate from India with English translation and also deed poll. I want to put my married name in 1.5 and maiden name in 1.6 and give reasons on page 13.

Has anyone applied for name change during naturalisation and been successful. Please advice.

Thanks.

harika_85
Newly Registered

Re: Name change during naturalisation

Post by harika_85 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:00 pm

ukcitizen1912 wrote:Hi,
I have the same question, I want to change my name from maiden to married during naturalisation. I have marriage certificate from India with English translation and also deed poll. I want to put my married name in 1.5 and maiden name in 1.6 and give reasons on page 13.

Has anyone applied for name change during naturalisation and been successful. Please advice.

Thanks.

Instead of complicating things at the time of Naturalisation, I planned to do this:

Proceed with maiden name for Naturalisation, and later at the time passport application, I intend to apply for a deedpoll (which I reckon is a simple online process & wouldn't cost more than 10£ ). I would thus produce my marriage certificate and deedpoll certificate to have my husband's surname on my passport.

Please correct me if the procedure has any issues.