ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Jobs while the application is under process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navodwickra

Changing Jobs while the application is under process

Post by navodwickra » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:02 am

Hi Guys, My wife applied for her settlement visa last December(2012) (Outside UK). My current job pays me way over 18,600 per year so they can tick off the financial requirement.

Now I have been offered a job (of course they pay more than the current salary) some where else (still in UK). So if I accepted it what would happen to the application process regarding the financial requirement. Do I need to send them the new contract ?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:20 pm

If you have a reference for your application at the post where you lodged your application, then send your new contract with your new employer, as they do quite often check with the employers that the person does work where he has stated and is earning the salary claimed. the last thing you want to happen, is if they ring your first employer only to be told that you no longer work. It could result in the application being refused :wink:

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 am

batleykhan wrote:If you have a reference for your application at the post where you lodged your application, then send your new contract with your new employer, as they do quite often check with the employers that the person does work where he has stated and is earning the salary claimed. the last thing you want to happen, is if they ring your first employer only to be told that you no longer work. It could result in the application being refused :wink:
Thanks a lot! the problem is we applied via VFS Sri Lanka and then they will post it to BHC Colombo then to India (Yes they no longer process applications in Sri Lanka). We actually don't have a Ref number other than the VFS ref number :(.