ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) dependant documentation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkloon
Newly Registered

SET (O) dependant documentation

Post by kkloon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 pm

I am currently filling up SET(O) form with my wife entered as a dependant.

I was wondering what sort of document is required for a dependant? Do I need the dependant's payslip, bank statement, employers letter and etc? Or would it be just the cohabitation document?

Please advise and many thanks in advance. Cheers.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:42 pm

how about starting with regarding the SET (O) document it explains the requirements clearly.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

kkloon
Newly Registered

Post by kkloon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi, I understand the form requires all the documents as listed in the form for the main applicant but would they required the same for the dependant is my question?

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Depending on the case, but if it's straight forward it's just the cohab documents.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:18 pm

kkloon,

No such documents are needed for dependants. Just cohab docs.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

humanvoid

Re: SET (O) dependant documentation

Post by humanvoid » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:45 pm

kkloon wrote:I am currently filling up SET(O) form with my wife entered as a dependant.

I was wondering what sort of document is required for a dependant? Do I need the dependant's payslip, bank statement, employers letter and etc? Or would it be just the cohabitation document?

Please advise and many thanks in advance. Cheers.
Mainly passport, marriage certificate, police registration, Life in UK pass certificate(if applying before 10/2013) and cohab documents covering last two years at the same addresses as yours (council tax bills, util. bills, tenancy agreements, nhs cards, bank statements, random letters on your spouse name, etc.), plus copies.

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 am

uksettlement wrote:kkloon,

My case is somewhat similar.
I have 2 dependant children who are now above 18, so applying separately -SET(O). They were under 18 when we first came to the UK. They are both in Uni but work part time and are still living with me and I am responsible for them.
What documentary proof do they need to provide. Their earnings from their part time jobs is nothing to write home about. Do they need to declare this and provide payslips et al? Their current immigration status is 'dependant (Child) of Tier1 (General) Migrant'.

Thanks,

Longhorn1

kkloon
Newly Registered

Post by kkloon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:04 pm

many thanks to the response, much appreciated. I am just a bit over anxious, especially when I am dealing with government departments.

Cheers all!

feigoronin

Post by feigoronin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:44 pm

longhorn1 wrote:

I have 2 dependant children who are now above 18, so applying separately -SET(O). They were under 18 when we first came to the UK. They are both in Uni but work part time and are still living with me and I am responsible for them.
What documentary proof do they need to provide. Their earnings from their part time jobs is nothing to write home about. Do they need to declare this and provide payslips et al? Their current immigration status is 'dependant (Child) of Tier1 (General) Migrant'.

Thanks,

Longhorn1
Hi,

Did you read the response to your query here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Just to let you know that children aged 18 or over have to apply individually using from Set(F). You must not include any children aged over 18 in your application (even if they were under 18 when they were given permission to stay as your dependent children).

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

feigoronin wrote:
longhorn1 wrote:

Thanks,

Longhorn1
Hi,

Did you read the response to your query here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Just to let you know that children aged 18 or over have to apply individually using from Set(F). You must not include any children aged over 18 in your application (even if they were under 18 when they were given permission to stay as your dependent children).
Thanks Feigoronin for your response but I've since been reading other posts in this forum regarding similar situations. The success stories seem to indicate, the over 18 dependants used SET(O) form to apply separately but ticked the 'other purposes' box in Section 3.b (pg 9). Both the parent and the dependants also provided letter explaining that they are in full time education and still fully dependent on the parents.
In all cases the CWs doesn't seem to have any problems in giving approval. Has the situation changed?

cheers,

longhorn1

feigoronin

Post by feigoronin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:54 pm

longhorn1 wrote:Thanks Feigoronin for your response but I've since been reading other posts in this forum regarding similar situations. The success stories seem to indicate, the over 18 dependants used SET(O) form to apply separately but ticked the 'other purposes' box in Section 3.b (pg 9). Both the parent and the dependants also provided letter explaining that they are in full time education and still fully dependent on the parents.
In all cases the CWs doesn't seem to have any problems in giving approval. Has the situation changed?

cheers,

longhorn1
Hi longhorn1,

I just stated as the rules say. Since you have the appointment booked, there's no harm in trying via SET(O) if others have used 'other purpose' route. It entirely depends on the Case worker. Good luck.

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:59 pm

feigoronin wrote:
longhorn1 wrote:Thanks Feigoronin for your response but I've since been reading other posts in this forum regarding similar situations. The success stories seem to indicate, the over 18 dependants used SET(O) form to apply separately but ticked the 'other purposes' box in Section 3.b (pg 9). Both the parent and the dependants also provided letter explaining that they are in full time education and still fully dependent on the parents.

cheers,

longhorn1
Hi longhorn1,

I just stated as the rules say. Since you have the appointment booked, there's no harm in trying via SET(O) if others have used 'other purpose' route. It entirely depends on the Case worker. Good luck.
Thank you all the same. I really did appreciate your response.

cheers,

longhorn1