ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If I am self-employed, is the profit I make a matter?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

letitrainoh
Newly Registered

If I am self-employed, is the profit I make a matter?

Post by letitrainoh » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi,

I wanted to apply for a Tier 1(Entrepreneur) but I found out I can apply for Tier 5 visa and I can be self-employed.

The business I am considering is to run an online website to sell products which are mostly clothes from England to my country's customers. Doing this business, I don't need to hire a person as I can purchase a product when a customer wants and delivery will be done by a delivery company.

It might need a small office but there is no need to own a permanent office.

I don't expect it will make a big profit from the first year but if the business is growing and the profit becomes bigger and bigger, can it be the problem?
(In case, a small retailers from my country want to buy the products in bulk, the profit will be big.)

I don't know if it's a good idea to apply for Tier 5 instead of Tier 1.
Feel free to give me some advice.

Thanks, everyone!

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Making a big profit is not a problem for Tier 5 YMS. But you can't use it as a stepping-stone to living here permanently.