ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

over 90 days entry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aamirraj
Newly Registered

over 90 days entry

Post by aamirraj » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:49 pm

dear friends

i really need an answer asap if possible, i was issued work permit visa on 28.01.2008 till 28.01.2013, but the problem is i entered in the uk on 21.05.2008 ( almost 114 days late).

i went to peo liverpool today for ILR on basis of completing 5 years, but they refused to take my application as i was entered late into the uk, allowed period is to enter within 90 days from the start of visa. they have suggested me to apply for an extension under tier2 as work permits are no longer availabe. i hve explained them the reason for late entry it was due to two reason, mainly my passport was returned to me late by uk embassy through courier by almost two months, secondly while i was waiting for my visa i had a road accident and admitted to hospital till 05th. may 2008 ( i got medical certificate dated 20 may 2008) but no proof of late returning of passport from embassy.

on the other hand my employer cannot apply a license as they cannot fulfil requirements due to their scale of business on the other hand my leave is going to expire in couple of weeks time. i am living in the uk with my wife and two kids.

now i have just 10 days...extension is out of the way...could anyone help me with an advice.

regards

aamir

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:56 pm

You should apply by post and provide explanation on a separate attachments with Medical certificates. Postal application normally takes 3 to 6 months and you will meet 5 years residency requirements. Good luck

aamirraj
Newly Registered

Post by aamirraj » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:30 pm

thanks skymoon for your prompt reply, i had consulted one solicitor who says, applying by post is the only option left with all the explanations as you suggested but still he says its very difficult. as in my case extension is must...but as explained there is no chance of extension whattsoever...really in a problme..

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Don't worry and apply as advised by Solicitors. Good luck and all the best.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:36 pm

One option worth exploring is - you apply for extension by post. Once you reach your 5 yr, and if there is no decision on your extension by that time, vary your application for ILR.

Haven't seen anyone in this forum doing this yet though.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.