ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 Points on licence for Traffic Light offence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sameer_77
Newly Registered

3 Points on licence for Traffic Light offence

Post by sameer_77 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 pm

3 points on licence (Fixed penalty Notice) for Traffic Light offence would be problem in getting British citizenship.

One solicitor has advised to wait for 5 years and then apply and Home office are now considering those points against your application.

My understanding was that one minor offence or Fixed penalty notice in a year should not be a problem.

Any one have been in this situation before?

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: 3 Points on licence for Traffic Light offence

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:27 pm

sameer_77 wrote:One solicitor has advised to wait for 5 years and then apply and Home office are now considering those points against your application.
My understanding was that one minor offence or Fixed penalty notice in a year should not be a problem.
I agree with your view. See this thread for more information, there is a lot of that covered. The official document relevant for this is here (3.5.2ff). Basically, if HO would force people to wait 5 years for a simple FPN, naturalisation rates would suddenly drop by quite a percentage! ;-)

In my eyes, traffic light offences do not normally fall in the category reckless (depends on the case, though), therefore "normally be prepared to overlook" should apply. If you were driving 55mph over a light that has been red for half a minute already, with pedestrians running for their lives, that would be different, of course - but then you would have gotten more than 3 points on your licence anyway.

sameer_77
Newly Registered

Post by sameer_77 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks for reply.

I believe its going to be a 50-50 situation.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi

To the best of my understading of the changes in the new rules for Good Character requirement is that they want to bring down the naturalization from significant numbers that's why they're bringing these kinds of sudden changes in the rules any ways.

Please kindly keep us updated on the forum once you'll apply for your BC and you'll get the reply from the UKBA for your application.

Good luck for your BC.