ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Collection Experience

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GreatMechEngr
Newly Registered

OCI Collection Experience

Post by GreatMechEngr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 am

I thought to mention my OCI collection experience in the forum.

I have reached HCI at 10:30am on Tuesday. There were only two persons ahead of me. I handed over 4 passports and documents printing status. The OCI counter staff gave one token for 4 passports. It was over in 2 minutes (including waiting time on the queue).

For collection, I reached HCI - London at 4:00pm. They allowed me inside and I waited for 30 mins. The counter opened exactly at 4:30pm. They called 5 tokens at a time. And, I could collect the OCI card and British Passport (with OCI sticker) by 4:35pm.

The staffs at High Commission were quite good & friendly (Indian style).

I see that some waiting peoples are impatient and going to the counter without being called. Peoples are standing around the counter etc..I don't see any fault with High Commission staff, but with waiting peoples to cause any problem for other fellow mates.

I thought to share as most of peoples' experience have not been good so far.

Regards,

HP

riojamel

hi

Post by riojamel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi
, I m applying for OCI/PIO too ,i m planning to go dublin becouse I live in northern ireland,its all same process in london and dtjblin,plz someone guide me how to start this ,how to do this all
Thanks

nmehta
United Kingdom

Re: OCI Collection Experience

Post by nmehta » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:20 pm

GreatMechEngr wrote:I thought to mention my OCI collection experience in the forum.

I have reached HCI at 10:30am on Tuesday. There were only two persons ahead of me. I handed over 4 passports and documents printing status. The OCI counter staff gave one token for 4 passports. It was over in 2 minutes (including waiting time on the queue).

For collection, I reached HCI - London at 4:00pm. They allowed me inside and I waited for 30 mins. The counter opened exactly at 4:30pm. They called 5 tokens at a time. And, I could collect the OCI card and British Passport (with OCI sticker) by 4:35pm.

The staffs at High Commission were quite good & friendly (Indian style).

I see that some waiting peoples are impatient and going to the counter without being called. Peoples are standing around the counter etc..I don't see any fault with High Commission staff, but with waiting peoples to cause any problem for other fellow mates.

I thought to share as most of peoples' experience have not been good so far.

Regards,

HP
Hi GreatMechEngr,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I will be submitting OCI application next week @ HCI London. Just trying to understand the process.

So once everything processed and the OCI documents reach London can you collect the OCI and get the visa on the UK passport on the same day?

VishalG

OCI Collection

Post by VishalG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 am

Hi GreatMechEngr

Did you receive your OCI card with passport on same day of submission.

Thanks