ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 process?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rkk

MN1 process?

Post by rkk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:12 am

hi guys, i have no idea wt is the procedure for MN1. my son born here and not traveled outside this country, i know he is eligible for British citizen but i want to know exact process for MN1 and what documents i need to submit.

please any body can explain what is process and documents required?

thanks for any body advise...

lostintot
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 process?

Post by lostintot » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:20 am

rkk wrote:hi guys, i have no idea wt is the procedure for MN1. my son born here and not traveled outside this country, i know he is eligible for British citizen but i want to know exact process for MN1 and what documents i need to submit.

please any body can explain what is process and documents required?

thanks for any body advise...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/

Check the website above, it self explanatory. I completed and send my son's application all by myself. Good luck

rkk

Post by rkk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:32 am

thanks for the reply,

do u want me to book appointment with Nationality Checking Service or can i apply straight away..please some guidence..

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:31 pm

rkk wrote:thanks for the reply,

do u want me to book appointment with Nationality Checking Service or can i apply straight away..please some guidence..
The choice is entirely yours -

NCS benefits
- they go over the form and all supporting docs
- they copy your documents
- they then forward the application, payment and copies of all supporting docs.
- you do not have to part with your originals (passports, birth certificates, BRP cards etc)

NCS alternative - post yourself
- no NCS cost or time involved
- I sent original birth certificates, and copies of our BRP card and approval letter.
- paid with a banker's check (bank draft)
- I assume if they want to verify the authenticity of the BRP and approval letter, they have the resources to do that.
- posted with a tracker option (£6.xx) from post office
- I got their acknowledgment letter yesterday (17JAN, dated 12JAN), listing all the docs they had received, and that payment had cleared. I am assuming everything else is in order.

My reason for going postal was cost (2 applicants @ £40 a piece for NCS), I verified by calling Hounslow NCS (they had a listed number) that the docs I would be bringing would be sufficient pretending I was going to book an appointment. I also confirmed the referrees were ok by them (1 accountant friend, and 1 wife's friend with UK Passport), although I was told the actual Nationality processing unit would make the final determination on that.

Also, I did not have to travel to the NCS or book a day off at work.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

rkk

Post by rkk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:40 pm

wpilr_nov12, thank you for your valuable guidance

i will think this weekend about the 2 options and decide

i will contact you if any guidance needed for my application

thanks again