ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Economically active during ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gabby

Economically active during ILR Application

Post by gabby » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi All,
I read in this form where someone was refused ILR because he was unemployed when applying for ILR.

I became unemployed in Octiber 2012 just after scoring enough points on earnings that qualify me for ILR in March 2013. Now I am actively looking for new role and yet to get one. I have reqistered a new company name.

My question is this: If I come up as an employee of this company and pay due tax and NI for 1 month (February 2013). Will that one payslip together with bank statement showing that salary be enough for me to show economic viability?. This is a proposed option if I do not get job somewhere. Please help with this question.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 pm

What is your visa type?

I believe this requirement is NOT applicable for Tier-1 general visa. If you have Tier-2 visa then unemployment may be an issue.
Techie

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Economically active during ILR Application

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 pm

gabby wrote:Hi All,
I read in this form where someone was refused ILR because he was unemployed when applying for ILR.
Perhaps, but that would not have been for a Tier 1 (gen) migrant. There is no requirement to be employed to extend or apply for settlement. It's all a matter of points.

gabby

Post by gabby » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Thank you Lucapooka for your response. I am on Tier 1 General.

My main concern is how to answer section 5.3 in the SET (0) Application form.
Do I answer Yes or No if unemployed. If I say NO, will it result to ILR refusal?
Has anyone succeeded by answering NO?