ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working while switching from PSW to Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mat1055
Newly Registered

Working while switching from PSW to Tier 4

Post by mat1055 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi everyone, my PSW visa expires on 10/02/2013 and I submitted my T4 application through my University batch system an 03/12/12 and gave my fingerprints on 02/02/2013.

I received a call from my agent offering me my previous part-time job (16 hours) and the new assignment will start on 28/01/2013 (~2 weeks before my current PSW expires), and I doubt that my T4 visa or decision will come back before my PSW expires.

Can I work during the waiting period? Is my PSW automatically extended until I get my new T4 visa/decision from the UKBA?

Is anyone working at the moment while still waiting for their new visa or decision to come?

Regards
Mat

mat1055
Newly Registered

Post by mat1055 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Just found this on the UKBA website

What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?

If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. You can continue to work until your case is decided if the conditions of your existing leave allows you to do so.

So my PSW visa will be extended until my new visa/decision arrives, right? Can I anyone advise, please?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:21 am

Provided your course is above level NQF 6/QCF 6/SCQF 9, you will be fine under Section 3C until a decision is made on your student application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

worldcasereview
BANNED

Your previous visa status is valid.

Post by worldcasereview » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm

As long as your new application is with UKBA for processing, your previous visa status is VALID unless until a decision by UKBA is made.

Source : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/

mat1055
Newly Registered

Re: Your previous visa status is valid.

Post by mat1055 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 pm

worldcasereview wrote:As long as your new application is with UKBA for processing, your previous visa status is VALID unless until a decision by UKBA is made.

Source : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/
Thank you very much.
My visa expires on 10th Feb and even thought I told the HR department that I could take the job now and continue to work while waiting for the decision, they still don't understand and wanted me to ring UKBA to get an update on the application and ask if they could speed up the process !? I enrolled my fingerprints only on the 2nd Jan 2013 (less than one month) and I doubt my application will come back before the end of Feb.