ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel while waiting for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doccheesy
Newly Registered

Can I travel while waiting for British Citizenship

Post by doccheesy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:05 am

I just applied for my citizenship here in UK through NCS. My payment has been deducted from my account and received the acknowledgement letter from HO on 16 January. I would just like to ask if I can travel outside UK while waiting for the result of my application. I am planning to travel on the first week of March and be back by the end of the month. If someone is online please reply..

Doccheesy

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Can I travel while waiting for British Citizenship

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:14 am

doccheesy wrote:I just applied for my citizenship here in UK through NCS. My payment has been deducted from my account and received the acknowledgement letter from HO on 16 January. I would just like to ask if I can travel outside UK while waiting for the result of my application.
Yes, but you should be able to reply to HO letters within 3 weeks. Very unlikely that they do, and even more unlikely that it will be a problem considering the length of your absence. If you want to play it absolutely safe, though, you would need to ask someone you trust to look after your post.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.