ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea FP and the dual nationality

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulipwelyasmina

eea FP and the dual nationality

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:06 am

hi guys i want to mention that my hasband has dual nationality algerian where he (was born) and irish ( he applied for 12 years ago ) now he s living and working in UK for over a year now.

for some time he was regularly visiting his parents in algeria and when entering the country he uses his algerian passport and whe leaving he uses the other one,
so the entrance stamps are on a deffirent passport than his irish and without tickets he has no evidence of visiting the country.

now we are applying for the eea family permit as i mentiones on a post earlier

i have two questions:

1. should i mention on the application form that he s got dual nationality, and would that effect the result of the application?

2. without the stamps on the eea passport, how would we proove that he was actually here when we met by here i met algeria? should we provide the other passport as well or just copies of the pages with the stamps or is that completely harmless.

are my worries founded or should i be at ease?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:30 am

His Algerian nationality is not relevant to the application. His Irish one is.

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:07 am

how to prove his entries to algeria if all the stamps are on the algerian passport?

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:09 am

how to prove his entries to algeria if all the stamps are on the algerian passport?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:08 am

It is unclear what you are trying to prove.

If you are married, all you need to provide is the Irish passport, your passport, and your marriage certificate. No other proof needed.

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:21 pm

i read on this forum that if the marriage is recent than you have to provide evidence that the marriage is genuine, right?

than i read that some of the applicants used the stamps on their passport to prove that thay have been in country X for a period of time.

so what i m asking when you mention on the application form your travel history yet your passport dont show the according stamps. will they see that as lack of evidence or even lying?

will that affect the application?

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:26 pm

i hope you see what i mean

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:46 pm

I don't know your circumstances, but if you feel that you might be accused of being a party to a marriage of convenience, then you could preempt that. Why would one worry if one is genuinely married?

Don't read too much into other people's stories...