ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement Letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ARGO
Newly Registered

Acknowledgement Letter

Post by ARGO » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:46 pm

I applied 5 weeks ago for PR with EU3 form for my wife.
How long usually takes to get back passports and Acknowledgement Letter ?
They state on INIS website it takes 1 month .
Her visa/GNIB card expires in 23 days.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:34 pm

eu 3 forms processing time is 6 months you can request them for temporary stamp 4 for six months because its will take 6 months to process.but you know one thing you can apply pr card after 4 and half years because 6 months processing time .good luck

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:57 pm

Yes,
6 months is processing times but they should have returned our passports.
My understanding is and states on application form that they will send documents back. Website mention 1 month.
So after 38 days no sign of documents/passports.
If I had our passports I`d go to Burgh Quay and ask for temporary stamp/card for my wife.
I may send letter Monday .

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Why do it tomorrow when I can do it today ?- No point waiting !!
So I did,
Sent registered letter requesting our passports back and some kind of acknowledgement letter.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:22 pm

they not going to give you temporary stamp 4 for 6 months in gnib burgh quays automatic.you have to write to eu treaty rights for this.but anyway there is no harms to visit gnib burgh quay you never know ...... good luck

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:10 pm

they not going to give you temporary stamp 4 for 6 months in gnib burgh quays automatic.
----------------------------------
That is why I requested letter and passports.
I guess they can check reference number if I applied or not ?!!
If I have a letter that I applied for PR and our passport they should give my wife extension at Burgh Quay!
Not sure what are you getting at ?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:59 pm

if you request your passports, they can return ONLY your passports ahead of processing. that does not mean that they will issue the letter for stamp 4 or push you ahead other applications for initial processing. but since you are waiting for for a a long time, i am guessing that your letter and passports are going to be processed soon.

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:45 pm

agniukas,

That is what I hope for.
Return of the passports with letter that I applied so I can extend my wife`s visa while they are processing.
No queue jumping ;)
Last time DOJ returned our passports within a week with letter that we applied
Why on why they try to make difficult when it`s so simple !!??

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 pm

I don't think it is done on purpose. It's most likely due to huge amounts of EUTR applications. I think thousands of applicants were granted under metock in 2008 with their permissions backdated to 2007. now they are all applying after 5 years, thus creating the backlog. also just see this board and you will see that most of the queries here are in relation to EUTR from the applicants.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 am

EUTR is very quiet these days, alot of applicants visa or temp visas are expired, 6 months time is over as well in few cases but no sign of letters from DOJ. I think EUTR is making some kind of new laws/regulations to make decisions on EU3 and EU5 applications.

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 am

agniukas,

agreed, but going back to my original question I think the return of passports and letter that person have applied should be simple.

zafarzafar80,

There is no new law so speculating about it is not helpful.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 am

ARGO by new law i means the department new strategy in terms of handling the EU3 & EU5 applications, as there are alot of complications , like seperated, not enough proofs of living and exercising EU treaty rights, retention and non retention of residence card cases. divorced issues.

But i have noticed one thing in a big way since mid december until now i haven't heard from any one who have received a single letter from EUTR, they r very quiet and when they r quiet it means some thing is going on on the back.

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Christmas parties and Holidays :D most likely that is why all delays!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:58 pm

i would agree that processing of EU3 applications and retentions would take more time than a simple EU1 application. Also the holiday period adds up to it.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:28 am

Most people don't provide all of the required documents with their initial application, and the Dept then write to request further docs. If I was you I would do a second check to see what else you can provide. You need to give them ALL historical records of the last 5 years, financial, tax, proof of address and then all of the up to date records, PRTB letter, lease, bank statements, etc etc.

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 pm

If they needed something they would have asked for.
As I said the "problem" I have is no acknowledgement of any kind.
Previous posters mentioned usually getting passports back or requests for further documents within a month.
I have sent request for my my passport and letter last friday so my wife can extend visa which expires in 19 days.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Well yes, if there is anything further they require they will write to you... eventually. Why not try to make the process shorter by doing a double check and sending in some further documents. That way, you may receive a letter from the Dept acknowledging your application AND granting you temporary permission to remain. You can try to make the process shorter by anticipating what else they may require.
It may be a good idea to get a solicitor to write a letter of demand, but you will be spending E400 + for something you can do yourself.

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 pm

I believe my case is straight forward, lived and worked here for almost 8 years no gaps in employment, married for 8 years.
This is what I sent :
• Application Form
• 2 Passports
• Photos for me and wife
• Marriage Certificate
• Lease
• Letter from Landlord
• Letter from previous landlord
• Landlord`s reference with PRTB
• Receipt from agency/landlord for deposit paid
• Letter from employer
• Letter from previous employer
• Payslips
• Bank statements of joint Bank Account for 2008-2012
• PC 60`s for last 5 years ( 2010 missing – lost in post )
• Tax Certificates for my spouse and myself 2008-2012
• Electricity bill
Last edited by ARGO on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Double post :(

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:55 pm

Looks pretty comprehensive! Did you only have two landlords in the last 5 years? Maybe some more proof of address for your wife over the last 5 years? The EUTR section always do this (leave people waiting till the last minute) seemingly out of spite!

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Yes ,only 2 landlords.
That`s about it, I explained that I did not have 3-4 year old bills ( who on earth keeps these - its totally ridiculous ?!!! ), but my bank account statements and statements from Revenue ( joint tax statement)were good enough I thought to show my activity in the state.
There is no reason whatsoever to ask for more, it is plain and simple in my view.
If they do ask I`ll deal with it.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:47 pm

OK, good luck.

ARGO
Newly Registered

Post by ARGO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Got reply from INIS today after 6 weeks exactly.
My wife got acknowledgement letter and now she can extend visa while they are processing application- 6 months.
So far no requests for additional documents.
If there is, would it be now or at some later date ?