ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment cancelled - glasgow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DJA
Newly Registered

PEO appointment cancelled - glasgow

Post by DJA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 am

I had an appointment for 25th Jan 2013 for Glasgow PEO and to my surprise 18/01/2013, I received an automated email from system stating that appontment is cancelled even though i have not cancelled it.

I have paid the premium fees as well made all the travel/stay arrangements

Can anyone please suggest me a way out? I also called UKBA yesterday but no one lifted the board number yesterday.

nextweek
BANNED

Re: PEO appointment cancelled - glasgow

Post by nextweek » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 am

DJA wrote:I had an appointment for 25th Jan 2013 for Glasgow PEO and to my surprise 18/01/2013, I received an automated email from system stating that appontment is cancelled even though i have not cancelled it.

I have paid the premium fees as well made all the travel/stay arrangements

Can anyone please suggest me a way out? I also called UKBA yesterday but no one lifted the board number yesterday.
Please send a mail to: ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

DJA
Newly Registered

Post by DJA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 am

i have done it but no reply yet. why did they cancel?

nextweek
BANNED

Post by nextweek » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 am

DJA wrote:i have done it but no reply yet. why did they cancel?
Normally it will take 48 hours to get the reply.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:50 am

did you book the appointment yourself or through an agent? If UKBA cancels an appointment due to weather issues, they will usually contact you with a follow on email and not for you just to see that the booking is cancelled.

If however you have booked through an agent, they could have sold the slot to someone else especially those agents advertising here for PEO appointments.
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: PEO appointment cancelled - glasgow

Post by mulderpf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 am

DJA wrote:I have paid the premium fees as well made all the travel/stay arrangements
You say you have paid the premium fees? Do you mean that you paid someone to book an appointment on your behalf, because you do not pay your appointment fees normally until you attend the actual appointment.

I've already relayed the story on this board of an acquaintance who paid money for an appointment, only to find out later that it was cancelled (we are speculating that this is their way of operating - by cancelling appointments and rebooking for other clients for a fee).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

DJA
Newly Registered

Post by DJA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Received an email from the home office today.

Appointment was cancelled by the system as I booked it twice on same names on 2x different dates.

In my case I remmeber booking two appointments. It was my fault.

Now I need to rebook the appointments.

Advice: Please cancel the multiple appointments if booked or else you will be in same situation as I am today.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:01 pm

So it looks like the UKBA are finally cracking down on those who make multiple bookings. Hopefully this will now give a majority of applicants a better chance of getting appointments without having to resort to paying agents purely to book appointments.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:13 pm

On the flipside, the system really should not be allowing the same person to book multiple appointments. It should be easier to have a backend that simply prevents you from having more than one appointment records than having ukba scrounge through the records to clear such - even very simple mySQL driven websites can enforce this basic check.
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Totally agree. However as it appears that the UKBA are not able to or willing to spend anything to address the issues or limitations of their online booking system, it's good to see that they have at least now adopted a manual approach to stopping multiple bookings. It's certainly not ideal, but definitely better than nothing.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Yes it is good in a way they are at least doing something but I'm afraid this may have little or no impact at all on making appointments easier to get.

Now this is me speculating - someone with a call center somewhere in Timbuktoo, Helmand, Lima or elsewhere with a motivated crew of 10-20 people equipped with a laptop each and trying for appointments which they don't need, will never use but hope to in a way or the other swap it via cancellation (and subsequent release back into the appointments pool) and resecure it for a fee for their clients (the phrase "I will try and catch cancellations for you" seems familiar). At a going rate of £150 or more for an appointment successfully secured and transferred, this is good motivation for someone that possibly don't earn that much in a whole month.

The above is a possibility and I currently don't see how the ukba system prevents this until they fix the root cause in their backend.

it simply does not make it easier for you and me genuinely seeking an appointment.

Synonymous in a way to people leaving their doors open, their car keys left in the car with the engine running but moaning to the police about the ever rising burglaries and car thefts in the hood.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:38 pm

The system already enforces only a single booking per log in - you physically need to create duplicate log ins, in order to create multiple bookings. It's easy to say after the fact how they should have done it differently, but you can't try and expect every eventuality - at some point you need to just expect people to stick to the rules. Just because a policeman isn't watching, doesn't make it okay to break the law. (Not saying booking multiple appointments is illegal, just equating it to something else).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Unfortunately the system does not in all cases enforce a single booking for each login and does indeed in some cases allow multiple bookings on teh same logins even though all are not visible in once logged in. This is an anomaly that has been reported by many and in the case of the OP, he had two bookings on the same account, not on different accounts.

Dont get me wrong I'm not in support of people breaking the rules and I clearly mention the scenario painted is speculative. Yes in the ideal world, you would expect people to stick to the rules, but with due respect, we don't live in the ideal world unfortunately.

If there is a loophole, people will exploit it. That's factual and I still think it's worth ukba's effort to put in a reasonably secure system - you would expect this for the fees being charged.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:50 pm

There's a loophole at my local Tesco's where I can walk in, take a loaf of bread, milk whatever else I want that won't set off the sensors and I can walk out without paying and nobody would know. Would I do it? No.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:53 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04 ... 54939.html

We don't live in the ideal world like as we may think we do.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:54 pm

paribus wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04 ... 54939.html

We don't live in the ideal world like as we may think we do.
That wasn't the point I was making.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 pm

It's a point I'm making. What should the supermarkets do in the case, I can see few options:

1. Catch and prosecute the shoplifters?
2. Expect that shoplifters be reasonable or repent and do the right thing - but they don't and the financial bottom line gets hit hard due to losses from the self-check out tills.
3. Secure the self-checkout system and leave no chance for cheating?

One is not mutually exclusive of the others.