ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

did anyone extend hsmp with TOEFL score

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zzyy
Newly Registered

did anyone extend hsmp with TOEFL score

Post by zzyy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:10 pm

Did paper based test in Oct. 2002. Wondering if I need take IELTS for HSMP extension.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:35 pm

I would recommend you do IELTS. That will help in making fool proof application.

Rich ZA

Post by Rich ZA » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:47 am

The rules are very clear on IELTS being the required test to prove english competence.

While HSMP caseworkers sometimes are prepared to accept alternate forms of prof of english language competence, a TOEFL score is only valid for 2 years so would not be currently valid should you have written it in 2002

zzyy
Newly Registered

Post by zzyy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:01 am

I don't know how long IELTS is valid if you are going to apply for a higher instituation. The FLR(HSMP) guide has the following paragraphs. By the way, if they don't accept my TOEFL score, will they reject me directly or let me take IELTS test?

for those seeking to extend their existing leave under HSMP, IELTS Report Forms which were issued more than two years prior to the date of the extension application, will be accepted.

If you do not possess either an IELTS Band 6 or a Bachelors degree taught in English, but you do possess an alternative English language qualification that is of an equivalent level to IELTS Band 6, we may be willing to consider this in lieu of the qualifications outlined above.

zzyy
Newly Registered

Post by zzyy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:03 am

Both IELTS and TOEFL are normally valid for 2 years

http://www.pdx.edu/faqs/4034/

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:05 pm

If they reject your application, because your TOEFL was not accepted, they wont give you a chance to take IELTS. You will have to make a fresh application (brand new) if you are going to take IELTS at a later date after your application is rejected.

Here's one piece of advice. If you don't want to risk your application ( and the money ), just take teh IELTS straight away. The more time you spend here asking the same question, the more time you are wasting.

zzyy
Newly Registered

Post by zzyy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:36 pm

probably the best way is to get evaluated by NARIC first. Did anyone do that?