ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizenship application..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pavani27
Newly Registered

UK Citizenship application..

Post by pavani27 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 am

Hi,
I applied British neutralization through the Newcastle NCS on 14th Jan this month and I haven't get any acknowledge letter from UKBA up to today? and also I haven't any idea why the Newcastle NCS haven't take any supporting documents like P60's and they have taken only Passports(which covers the 5 years UKBA stamps) & Life in UK photo copy & photo copy of Northern Ireland police certificate, so some one could you please clarify me whether my application processed in right manner or not?

thanks in advance,
Pavani.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:56 am

I applied British neutralization
Really? Neutralisation is something that a vet might do, for example, to a cat or a dog! I suspect that you mean Naturalisation.

The application was processed by the NCS totally properly. Why did you think P60s would be required? You are not the first person to be surprised how little supporting information needs to be supplied with a Naturalisation application.

But on the form AN and in particular the declaration at the end of the form that you signed, you authorised UKBA to contact HMRC, and they will no doubt do that as part of their processing of your application. They will do that via a link into the HMRC computer system.
John

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:24 pm

also see another similar post

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:34 pm

John wrote:Why did you think P60s would be required? You are not the first person to be surprised how little supporting information needs to be supplied with a Naturalisation application.
Maybe because such documents are required if applying for naturalisation directly following the EEA route. In that case, a whole lot of paperwork - including P60s - must be submitted. Since this is often discussed concurrently in the forum as well, I can understand that people get confused.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: UK Citizenship application..

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:56 pm

pavani27 wrote:Hi,
I applied British neutralization through the Newcastle NCS on 14th Jan this month and I haven't get any acknowledge letter from UKBA up to today? and also I haven't any idea why the Newcastle NCS haven't take any supporting documents like P60's and they have taken only Passports(which covers the 5 years UKBA stamps) & Life in UK photo copy & photo copy of Northern Ireland police certificate, so some one could you please clarify me whether my application processed in right manner or not?

thanks in advance,
Pavani.
Don't worry, in most cases that is all the documents UKBA needs. It takes upto 2-4 weeks to receive an acknowledgement from UKBA. It's only been 5 days since you applied.