ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NI Contributions - ILR or Tier 1 General extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guy123
Newly Registered

NI Contributions - ILR or Tier 1 General extension

Post by guy123 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Dear All,

Firstly, thank you all for all the valuable guidance you all have been providing over here.

I am planning to apply for ILR soonest possible and noted about the requirement for NI contributions for Tier 1 General route.

Please can anyone help with some guidance on the requirement for paying national insurance for a self employed professional, running a limited company, who usually take minimum salaries and do not contribute NI.

The guidance suggests that those who are self-employed should pay Class 2 NI. Is this mandatory? Are there any workarounds?
Kindly suggest.

Many thanks...

veera123
Newly Registered

Post by veera123 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:37 pm

As per my understanding, it all depends on how you manage your limited company. I know two different scenarios:

a). Self-employed, where you need to pay Class 2 NI.

b). Director of Limited company and employed by company to manage the day today activities, in this case no need to pay NI unless your salary component is over basic tax exemption.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:07 pm

If you are self employed and operating through your own limited company there is no need to have Class-2 NI contributions.
Techie