ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Increase in HSMP Fees

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vishalsunr

Increase in HSMP Fees

Post by vishalsunr » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:24 pm

i came to know from of my friend that from this April Home office is going to increase HSMP Fess to 1500 GBP.

Please let us know if any one is aware of this or not.

Hope your inputs will help us a lot.

Regards,
Vishalsunr

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:53 pm

there is no final decision yet on the new fees...1500 gbp is nonsense

umer830
Newly Registered

I also got same news

Post by umer830 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:18 pm

I also got same news of increase in fee and new fee will be 650 sterlig

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:26 pm

is there any authentic source of this news?

Mrs Khan

!

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:09 pm

I don't think 1500 is a realistic figure to be set as a HSMP assesment fee.
What i heard is they are going to introduce a system of Brief meeting with Case worker/ immigration officer. For example if you are not satisfied with the decision of Home office on your case and you want to have a Face to face meeting with Case worker they will be charging £1200 per session.

But Again these all are hear/say things we are not sure unless something comes from Home office in writing on their web site

Cheers!

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:06 am

i got the news from onw of my friend who is currently under HSMP in the UK

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:28 am

Hi Vishal
I have downloaded the latest version(Version 3.0 Valid from 26 01 2007) of the HSMP Application guidelines and this document clearly specifies the fee as 315 GBP for HSMP Application and 335 GBP for subsequent FLR Application.

Cheers!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:19 am

After reading this topic yesterday I made a good search of lots of relevant websites ..... and I can spot nothing about an announcement being made.

However, and I do not think it specifically covers HSMP applications as such, the Government has been thinking about the level of visa application fees, both in the UK and outside the UK. It is widely expected that new fees will be introduced as from the beginning of April. New fee levels? Not yet announced.

So even if the HSMP application fee remains unchanged ... and who knows ... the subsequent fee for getting the needed visa may well alter.

But we are not just talking of new fees for getting a visa after the grant of WP or HSMP. We are talking about new fees for all visa applications .... spouse ... student .... etc etc etc.
John

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Until the Home Office announce the results from their consultation...most likely within the next three weeks or so...all comments on the issue are free speculation.

I'm watching the IND website with guarded interest until then. I'm very concerned myself. This whole issue of massive fee rises (plus changing rules!) has me on tenterhooks!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Increase in HSMP Fees

Post by pantaiema » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:55 pm

Some people have too much energy to exhaust rasing "Irresponsible Issue" I do not know whether this guy belong to this category ???

Without written evidence (on;ine news, newspaper etc), how could you reaise this issue ???

I could also say:
It will raise to £5,000 next year. I got it from my frreiend who are working as HSMP case workers. How could you now that I have a friend work as HSMP case workers.
vishalsunr wrote:i came to know from of my friend that from this April Home office is going to increase HSMP Fess to 1500 GBP.

Please let us know if any one is aware of this or not.

Hope your inputs will help us a lot.

Regards,
Vishalsunr

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:10 pm

People do not realise before saying something.

To the original poster : Do you know how much £1500 is ? :?:

£1500 is more than average take home in UK. Nothing demeaning here. But just giving an idea of GBP to the people who are less exposed to UK economy and stuff.

Shtatien
Newly Registered

UK visas,work permits & application costs to rise-Apr 20

Post by Shtatien » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:54 pm

Pls check this out, I found in workpermit website.

UK visas, work permits and application costs to rise for April, 2007
31 October 2006

The Home Office for the United Kingdom announced on 30 October that it was reviewing the way migrants were charged for work permits, student visas and nationality applications. A sharp rise in fees is expected.

In addition, the government was considering passing a part of the new cost on to employers and universities, as they ultimately benefit from the recruitment of foreign employees and students.

The consultation paper released by the Home Office did not give any indication of what the new costs were likely to be.

But it stated that fees were expected to increase beginning from April 2007.

The proposal to further raise visa application fees was likely to cause an outcry as they were more or less doubled just only last year. It now costs £500 to apply for a work permit, indefinite leave to remain or for British nationality.

The consultation paper raised the idea of linking the amount charged for visas to the economic benefit migrants received from working in the UK. It suggested that migrants themselves should help contribute to the cost of increasing the overall efficiency of the UK immigration system.

Immigration Minister Liam Byrne said: "The consultation is not about prices, but about how immigration services are paid for, and the most appropriate way to charge.

"It asks whether applicants should contribute towards the costs of the whole immigration system from application to enforcement.

"In July the home secretary announced how we will strengthen border controls with identity technology and double enforcement in the UK. But all of these measures cost money. We think it is right to consider who should pay for them.

"This government is committed to ensuring that only those people with the skills the UK needs come to this country while preventing others from applying."

France, Italy and Spain especially have all recently engaged in expensive efforts to strengthen borders and border control, not only for themselves, but also in general to the benefit of the entire European Union.

A meeting of the "EU 6" last week (the six largest States of the EU, representing approximately 75% of the EU population) reached a number of agreements on patrolling borders and coordinated immigration control. These proposed measures all require funding that must be generated from somewhere.

Habib Rahman, CEO of the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants, said: "The Home Office claims this is a consultation, but the way officials are talking makes it plain they think migrants are a cash cow to pick up the bill for their incompetent enforcement."

see web:http://www.workpermit.com/2006_10_31/uk ... crease.htm

SHTATIEN

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:40 am

i am sorry if somebody didnt liked my posts...

but... keep in mind that i am not the authority.. this discussion board here is to discuss the HSMP related issues.... and so i did as i got the information from the UK.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: UK visas,work permits & application costs to rise-Ap

Post by pantaiema » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:36 am

Hi Shtatien
Your posting is valuable becuase you mention the source of your information

Fee might increase from £315 to £500 (but NOT £1500) and it is reasonable. Because £315 have been there for around 2 years and there is tradition to increase this cost.

If someone mention changing from £315 to £1500 without refering to relaible source, this Spammy Spammer is trying to confuse people reather then helping people.

Pantaiema

Shtatien wrote:Pls check this out, I found in workpermit website.

UK visas, work permits and application costs to rise for April, 2007
31 October 2006

The Home Office for the United Kingdom announced on 30 October that it was reviewing the way migrants were charged for work permits, student visas and nationality applications. A sharp rise in fees is expected.

In addition, the government was considering passing a part of the new cost on to employers and universities, as they ultimately benefit from the recruitment of foreign employees and students.

The consultation paper released by the Home Office did not give any indication of what the new costs were likely to be.

But it stated that fees were expected to increase beginning from April 2007.

The proposal to further raise visa application fees was likely to cause an outcry as they were more or less doubled just only last year. It now costs £500 to apply for a work permit, indefinite leave to remain or for British nationality.

The consultation paper raised the idea of linking the amount charged for visas to the economic benefit migrants received from working in the UK. It suggested that migrants themselves should help contribute to the cost of increasing the overall efficiency of the UK immigration system.

Immigration Minister Liam Byrne said: "The consultation is not about prices, but about how immigration services are paid for, and the most appropriate way to charge.

"It asks whether applicants should contribute towards the costs of the whole immigration system from application to enforcement.

"In July the home secretary announced how we will strengthen border controls with identity technology and double enforcement in the UK. But all of these measures cost money. We think it is right to consider who should pay for them.

"This government is committed to ensuring that only those people with the skills the UK needs come to this country while preventing others from applying."

France, Italy and Spain especially have all recently engaged in expensive efforts to strengthen borders and border control, not only for themselves, but also in general to the benefit of the entire European Union.

A meeting of the "EU 6" last week (the six largest States of the EU, representing approximately 75% of the EU population) reached a number of agreements on patrolling borders and coordinated immigration control. These proposed measures all require funding that must be generated from somewhere.

Habib Rahman, CEO of the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants, said: "The Home Office claims this is a consultation, but the way officials are talking makes it plain they think migrants are a cash cow to pick up the bill for their incompetent enforcement."

see web:http://www.workpermit.com/2006_10_31/uk ... crease.htm

SHTATIEN
Last edited by pantaiema on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:39 am

I believe peole really apreciate your post if you mention the realiable source of your information. Your information does not refer to any news, websites, etc.

If you mention radical change from £315 to £1500 without reliable source, this information is tending to confuse peole rather then helping people. In fact it has been proven that it is not correct. (the change is probably from £315 to £500 NOT £1500).

Peole already get shock with recent change such as Qualifying year change from 4 to 5. Recent change in HSMP extension based on point system.

Pantaiema
vishalsunr wrote:i am sorry if somebody didnt liked my posts...

but... keep in mind that i am not the authority.. this discussion board here is to discuss the HSMP related issues.... and so i did as i got the information from the UK.
Last edited by pantaiema on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:51 am

Shtatien wrote:It now costs £500 to apply for a work permit, indefinite leave to remain or for British nationality.
Can you give the source of that "information"? Because as far as I can see that is just another unsubstantiated rumour ... but do prove otherwise to me ... if you can!

As far as I can see, at this moment in time, we are still waiting for an announcement to be made, following the end of the consultation the Government has undertaken.
John

bob30
Newly Registered

Post by bob30 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:19 pm

immigration applications are normally expensive, and hsmp still costs an affordable amount. for example , australian immigration application costs more than 800 pounds per application.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 pm

Immigration in the UK is different with those in the AU. In the UK HSMP is no more than "flexible" work permit. You get HSMP but in two years you might be sent home you if you did not reach the thereshold point.

After two years you still need to pay for extension, and again after 5 years under HSMP you still need to pay for ILR. (so 3x payments)

In Australia, Canada once they decide you get PR, you could even claim benefit (after 2 years, even without contrbuting to the system ?).

Do your math, even with the current fee it is already more than those in Australia. So if someone want to compare they should compare it to the work permit in other countries.

Pantaiema
bob30 wrote:immigration applications are normally expensive, and hsmp still costs an affordable amount. for example , australian immigration application costs more than 800 pounds per application.
Last edited by pantaiema on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:45 pm

pantaiema wrote:In Australia once they decide you get PR, you could even claim benefit (after 2 years, even without contrbuting to the system ?).
Unfortunately it's 4 yrs now

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:44 pm

Refer to this link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14160

It has been proven that the fee for HSMP will be considered as follows:
HSMP fee: £315 --> £400
Leave to remain (HSMP): £335 --> £350

NOT £1500 like you said.

Next time be careful if U raise a contraversial issue, especially if you do not have acceptable source of information. Your information tend to confuse people rather than helping people.

Pantaiema

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:55 am

i think that this has proved my point that there is some increase in the fees of HSMP .......

and members dont try to understand me......

regards,

vishal
pantaiema wrote:Refer to this link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14160

It has been proven that the fee for HSMP will be considered as follows:
HSMP fee: £315 --> £400
Leave to remain (HSMP): £335 --> £350

NOT £1500 like you said.

Next time be careful if U raise a contraversial issue, especially if you do not have acceptable source of information. Your information tend to confuse people rather than helping people.

Pantaiema

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:09 am

and also the VISA Fees are going up from april
HSMP Visa Fees going up from 85 GBP to 200 GBP....

once again i proved my point..and note that i am not here to confuse the group but to give and receive help......

regards,
vishal

see : http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 1458613348

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:22 am

vishalsunr wrote:i came to know from of my friend that from this April Home office is going to increase HSMP Fess to 1500 GBP.
It is this utter rubbish that you posted, in the opening message of this topic, that has got people so upset. I am amazed that you don't seem to realise that you worried people totally unnecessarily, and yes, whilst there is an increase, it is nothing like you were suggesting.

So as regards :-
once again i proved my point..and note that i am not here to confuse the group but to give and receive help
-: totally wrong, you posted a message that caused unnecessary concern ... your point is not proved at all.
John

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:48 am

Another source on the hike in the Fees ...

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/00 ... 080301.htm

Hope this helps in proper direction ....

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:33 am

John wrote:
It is this utter rubbish that you posted, in the opening message of this topic, that has got people so upset. I am amazed that you don't seem to realise that you worried people totally unnecessarily, and yes, whilst there is an increase, it is nothing like you were suggesting.

So as regards :-
once again i proved my point..and note that i am not here to confuse the group but to give and receive help
-: totally wrong, you posted a message that caused unnecessary concern ... your point is not proved at all.
and also it's predictable that every year the prices / fees go up and it will go up once again next year...