ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker 2013

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 pm

What is the main number to contact INIS. For those who contacted them recently? I have been trying to ring them and give them a reality check, but the numbers always transfers me to an automated useless human voice, and then it says not available!.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:What is the main number to contact INIS. For those who contacted them recently? I have been trying to ring them and give them a reality check, but the numbers always transfers me to an automated useless human voice, and then it says not available!.
I always gets through after number of tries on 06232500.

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:10 pm

[quote="iloveireland"][quote="IntegratedMigrant"]What is the main number to contact INIS. For those who contacted them recently? I have been trying to ring them and give them a reality check, but the numbers always transfers me to an automated useless human voice, and then it says not available!.[/quote]

I always gets through after number of tries on 06232500.[/quote]

I normally get through same number after number of tries but no luck today. called them at least 25-30 times.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:10 pm

iloveireland wrote:I always gets through after number of tries on 06232500.
Thats one of the numbers that keeps saying unavailable. The most difficult part is the annoying female voice that rants over and over again about how enormous progress they have made!. It drives me nuts!.
They should put a music or something not some tired, annoying, pathetic, ridiculous voice!.

Well they know that her voice is putting people off from calling and thats why they have it in place there!.

Note: I'm always like please shut up!. I have headache after few tries!

smith2
- thin ice -

Re: Citizenship

Post by smith2 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi waiting2beirish
The nubmber is 062 32500 I called INIS at approx. 10:45hrs and I spoke to a gentleman by name M......... of citizenship section who dully inform me that the next ceremony is March 2013 either first week or second week not so sure but base on the dairy of the minister and the judge is very friendly I have spoke to in INIS.Honestly I try it more than 42 times before I later got hold of him. I have send many email since monday I only got reply from private sec... of an ackwnoledged but no phaste and send email.
Hope to see more approval on the way please

te="waiting2beirish"]
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
smith2 wrote:Hi All
I phoned INIS this monring and I was dully informed that the ceremony is taken place in March 2013 but date yet not decided.
Hi Smith, can you send me the exact number that you rang INIS with? They always keep telling me that its not available after their gibberish generic automated talk. I have their 2 numbers but none seem to be working!
I just hope you are correct and these lazy inis schedule the ceremony in first week of March.[/quote]

hopeforalife
Newly Registered

Post by hopeforalife » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:54 am

I am literally nearing the edge of insanity after waiting 10months now (a total of about 3-4years if you counted in my 2 previous application). My life has been stopped because of this ridiculous processing time and i'd do anything to get it back but there is no other way to do it except getting my irish passport.

this is my thread back in last year's march. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=advice

LouDublin
Newly Registered

Post by LouDublin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 am

[quote="hopeforalife"]I am literally nearing the edge of insanity after waiting 10months now (a total of about 3-4years if you counted in my 2 previous application). My life has been stopped because of this ridiculous processing time and i'd do anything to get it back but there is no other way to do it except getting my irish passport.

this is my thread back in last year's march. [url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=advice[/url][/quote]

I totally understand what you are going through. We are waiting 4 years for my Husband to be approved. It is stressful, upsetting and my husband can't take much more. When he sees friends who are receiving approval (who applied only a year ago), it causes additional upset. But of course we are so happy for all people getting approval and I pray you get it too.
Do INIS and government understand what people have gone through waiting for so long on their application, its like your life on hold. Also is it acceptable that they are not answering phones and copy/paste emails in response. It is totally unacceptable to treat people in this manner.
:(

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 am

smith2 wrote:Hi waiting2beirish
The nubmber is 062 32500 I called INIS at approx. 10:45hrs and I spoke to a gentleman by name M......... of citizenship section who dully inform me that the next ceremony is March 2013 either first week or second week not so sure but base on the dairy of the minister and the judge is very friendly I have spoke to in INIS.Honestly I try it more than 42 times before I later got hold of him. I have send many email since monday I only got reply from private sec... of an ackwnoledged but no phaste and send email.
Thanks smith2, its really gr8 to have people like you who have the patience and endurance to call the inis ...I hope this March they organise a freaking ceremony so I can just get over with this irish citizenship torture to my mind and my soul once and for all ....and leave this country for good !!!
Not waiting any more

dania

Post by dania » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:47 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:
Thanks smith2, its really gr8 to have people like you who have the patience and endurance to call the inis ...I hope this March they organise a freaking ceremony so I can just get over with this irish citizenship torture to my mind and my soul once and for all ....and leave this country for good !!!
hi every one i contacted inis yesterday and they confirmed that next ceremony is in april which of course is a big disappointment :( ,and this is confirmed through my own sources that they have removed lots of staff from citizenship processing section and placed them in airport and other departments,the reason behind this is that to save money and they r loosing interest in granting citizenship to the people so quickly,because of pressure from some irish people and some other reasons ,so forget about all the promises made by minister and the same story of long waiting will be happening from now on.it is sad and painful for people like us waiting so long like 2,3,4, years but do you think they care about us foreigners,the answer is no and no. :cry:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 pm

dania wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:
hi every one i contacted inis yesterday and they confirmed that next ceremony is in april which of course is a big disappointment :( ,and this is confirmed through my own sources that they have removed lots of staff from citizenship processing section and placed them in airport and other departments,the reason behind this is that to save money and they r loosing interest in granting citizenship to the people so quickly,because of pressure from some irish people and some other reasons ,so forget about all the promises made by minister and the same story of long waiting will be happening from now on.it is sad and painful for people like us waiting so long like 2,3,4, years but do you think they care about us foreigners,the answer is no and no. :cry:
i hope waht you mentioned is not true :(

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:11 pm

dania wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:
What is this going on someone say he called and inis staff told ceremony is in March other one say she called and the inis told ceremony is in april...
I guess only time will tell ...seriously dont know who is making up stories

All we can do is wait and watch that all
Not waiting any more

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:15 pm

dania wrote:hi every one i contacted inis yesterday and they confirmed that next ceremony is in april which of course is a big disappointment :( ,and this is confirmed through my own sources that they have removed lots of staff from citizenship processing section and placed them in airport and other departments,the reason behind this is that to save money and they r loosing interest in granting citizenship to the people so quickly,because of pressure from some irish people and some other reasons ,so forget about all the promises made by minister and the same story of long waiting will be happening from now on.it is sad and painful for people like us waiting so long like 2,3,4, years but do you think they care about us foreigners,the answer is no and no. :cry:
That is simply such a sad story and you shouldn't write this out to the public. It will break a lot of hearts!. Most people have lost everything for this citizenship and you cant give them such a bad news.

I work closely with INIS and I will figure this out myself.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:22 pm

dania wrote:hi every one i contacted inis yesterday and they confirmed that next ceremony is in april which of course is a big disappointment :( ,and this is confirmed through my own sources that they have removed lots of staff from citizenship processing section and placed them in airport and other departments,the reason behind this is that to save money and they r loosing interest in granting citizenship to the people so quickly,because of pressure from some irish people and some other reasons ,so forget about all the promises made by minister and the same story of long waiting will be happening from now on.it is sad and painful for people like us waiting so long like 2,3,4, years but do you think they care about us foreigners,the answer is no and no. :cry:
By the way, 16 staff members of INIS that helped processed the quick decisions from 2011 until recent are from Jobbridge. There is no way what you are saying is true as INIS is not paying their salaries. They were social welfare recipients that joined Jobbridge. They are working totally free for INIS and still getting support from the state as they use to get.

I doubt your source

dania

Post by dania » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
By the way, 16 staff members of INIS that helped processed the quick decisions from 2011 until recent are from Jobbridge. There is no way what you are saying is true as INIS is not paying their salaries. They were social welfare recipients that joined Jobbridge. They are working totally free for INIS and still getting support from the state as they use to get.

I doubt your source
hi as far as my source is concerned i have full trust on my source as it is from inis and the staff u r talking about is I think is removed from there and being put some where else more important for them as processing citizenship applications is not important any more ,there is other priorities for govt now so we have to wait and wait ,and the evidence of this is they skipped one ceremony of February so if u r clever then you should figure out yourself what is happening , this is very sad and unfair but is unfortunately true and by the way citizenship fees is also going to rise upto 1500 sad but it is going to happen :(
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:52 pm

dania wrote:hi as far as my source is concerned i have full trust on my source as it is from inis and the staff u r talking about is I think is removed from there and being put some where else more important for them as processing citizenship applications is not important any more ,there is other priorities for govt now so we have to wait and wait ,and the evidence of this is they skipped one ceremony of February so if u r clever then you should figure out yourself what is happening , this is very sad and unfair but is unfortunately true and by the way citizenship fees is also going to rise upto 1500 sad but it is going to happen :(
I bet what you're talking about is the Irish EU presidency event which will be held this Feb. The Staff members have been put across various places like airport to help with the delegations that are attending the event.

Having said that, citizenship application generates 9 Million euro in revenue recently and excluding the Irish EU presidency event, there is nothing more important than money now as far as im concern.

Dont worry people, INIS will be back and running after the 8th of Feb. By the way im clever enough to know that INIS can take as much staff as they want through Jobbridge because they dont pay them anything!.

Service will resume as normal over the coming weeks. No panic!

eskaybee
Newly Registered

Post by eskaybee » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:32 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
dania wrote:hi as far as my source is concerned i have full trust on my source as it is from inis and the staff u r talking about is I think is removed from there and being put some where else more important for them as processing citizenship applications is not important any more ,there is other priorities for govt now so we have to wait and wait ,and the evidence of this is they skipped one ceremony of February so if u r clever then you should figure out yourself what is happening , this is very sad and unfair but is unfortunately true and by the way citizenship fees is also going to rise upto 1500 sad but it is going to happen :(
I bet what you're talking about is the Irish EU presidency event which will be held this Feb. The Staff members have been put across various places like airport to help with the delegations that are attending the event.

Having said that, citizenship application generates 9 Million euro in revenue recently and excluding the Irish EU presidency event, there is nothing more important than money now as far as im concern.

Dont worry people, INIS will be back and running after the 8th of Feb. By the way im clever enough to know that INIS can take as much staff as they want through Jobbridge because they dont pay them anything!.

I fully agree with this. The importance of revenue generated thru Naturalisation fee is very significant for Irish economy - which is mentioned by the minister and published in INIS website too.
No worries, at INIS, its business as usual...no less, no more....

dania

Post by dania » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:42 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:

hi again ,it is true that they have priority of this event in February but the back log is already very huge and it is rising day by day so as they have skipped one ceremony now it means more waiting time for us . They don't care about us and they don't know that every one of us waits every day for the approval letter from inis and there is no punishment in world more harder then the punishment of waiting which we r getting from them every day , :(

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm

dania wrote:hi again ,it is true that they have priority of this event in February but the back log is already very huge and it is rising day by day so as they have skipped one ceremony now it means more waiting time for us . They don't care about us and they don't know that every one of us waits every day for the approval letter from inis and there is no punishment in world more harder then the punishment of waiting which we r getting from them every day , :(
Few weeks ago I calculated the backlog and came about 19,000 applications currently on process. It is a backlog but not a huge backlog as it was in 2011.

Their is no point for them piling the backlog as it is there for someone to clear it up and will continue to give them headache until its cleared up.

In the coming few months you might see a ceremony were more than 4,000 people attended. They will keep doing their best to see that the backlog does not go back to being worse again and also try and keep their promises.

Alan Shatter has bragged a lot to his fellow politicians about how enormous progress he's made in clearing the backlog and will continue to do so. If he fails now, he will be a loser

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Do you reckon people could still be contacted and approved for the March/ April ceremony? Or do you think they have already contacted everyone who will have citizenship conferred at that ceremony?

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:13 am

INIS are full of $hit and full of lies.
Every time i ring i get different story, different explanations.
At this stage i don't weather staff knows what is going on, maybe they are unaware of the situation aswell and kept in the darkness, or maybe they are not allowed to say anything. My guess would be no:2

@Dania:
I truly believe your sources are wrong.
You say INIS wants to downsize the staff and moved them on to likes of Airports.
Citizenship offices are based in Tipperary and do you really think staff will be relocated to likes of Dublin,Cork or Shannon. NO WAY.
First of all they are all office staff, regular employes and far from Immigration officers.
It just makes no sense.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Irrespective of weather the applicants for naturalization get citizenship or not, but one thing is for sure all will end up with some sort of mental , psychophysical disorder or even end up complete retarded in the worst case scenario :lol:
Not waiting any more

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:26 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:Irrespective of weather the applicants for naturalization get citizenship or not, but one thing is for sure all will end up with some sort of mental , psychophysical disorder or even end up complete retarded in the worst case scenario :lol:
Exactly , 21 years old dealing with this immigration crap since 16 !! While I am here for 10 years ! My sister just turned 16 she has to start the same crap too get a stamp 2 apply for stamp 4 and wait till she is 18 to apply for citizenship ! Is this system normal ? I do not believe so ..this is mental torture

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Any lucky one who got approval yet ? According to alan shatter application will be dealt in six months. Seven months gone with 175 euro lol ... Every one was hoping the time frame given was a good deal to process ur application along with the fee. Not a good start for this year so far.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:00 am

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Do you reckon people could still be contacted and approved for the March/ April ceremony? Or do you think they have already contacted everyone who will have citizenship conferred at that ceremony?
People are yet to be contacted in regards to March/ April ceremony. There are normally 4,000 people for every ceremony, but this may be higher. Maybe
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:01 am

CitationCj2 wrote:INIS are full of $hit and full of lies.
Every time i ring i get different story, different explanations.
At this stage i don't weather staff knows what is going on, maybe they are unaware of the situation aswell and kept in the darkness, or maybe they are not allowed to say anything. My guess would be no:2

@Dania:
I truly believe your sources are wrong.
You say INIS wants to downsize the staff and moved them on to likes of Airports.
Citizenship offices are based in Tipperary and do you really think staff will be relocated to likes of Dublin,Cork or Shannon. NO WAY.
First of all they are all office staff, regular employes and far from Immigration officers.
It just makes no sense.
Spot on, thats exactly right. You make more sense :)