ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got an Interview call from Visa office, Need ur help on this

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PPra

Got an Interview call from Visa office, Need ur help on this

Post by PPra » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:30 am

Hello to all,

I had applied for EC on monday (19th Feb,2007).
Today I got a call asking me to appear for an interview.
I wish to know what do they ask/enquire in such interviews?
What is their objective?
What documents should I be carrying?
What kind of answers should i be ready with?

I shall be very grateful for your urgent help on any of the above.

Thanks
PPra

PS:

For your information,
A brief of my HSMP case is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------
HSMP approval : Aug, 2005
Fist Visa (EC) application: Nov, 2005
Appeal date: Dec, 2005
Appeal Decision Nov, 2006 (Appeal allowed)
Call letter from visa offc: Dec, 2006
Got reprint of HSMP letter: Feb, 2007
Submitted passport+HSMPltr:Feb, 2007
Interview call Feb, 2007

--------------------------------------------
HSMP Summary:
Approved usder : HSMP (Under 28 ) case
Experience : 5+ years of working expericence
(3+ years in senior position i.e. Manager, CEO)

Original Visa application Summary (made in Nov, 2005)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Availability of funds: Aprox GBP 4000.
Availability of accomodation: Friends residence (support letter attached)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:31 am

Given your immigration application history, and the way the rejection was overturned on appeal, it is not clear what the issue is here. Can you give a bit more detail about the grounds for rejection that were overturned on appeal?
John

PPra

Post by PPra » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi John,

I am quoting below from the DETERMINATION & REASONS Letter
6. Reasons for the Refusal
In support of the application, the Appellant submitted a letter of employment which was relevant to the application. As a result of checks made by the British High Commission, detailed in a document verification report, the ECO was satisfied that there was high degree of probability that this was not a genuine document. The application was therefore refused in accordance with paragraph 320(21) of the Immigration Rules, which sates that entry clearnce should (normally) be refused when as applicant submits a false document in support of an application. The Appellant's application was not considered under any other provision of the Immigration Rules.
7. The Evidence
As the Respondent failed to submit a bundle, I did not have before me a copy of the document verification report referred to in the reasons for refusal or indeed the Appellant's application form with supporting documents. On appeal, the Appellant has submitted an 18 page letter (annexure A), list of enclosuress (Annexure B) and copies/originals of the documents referred to therein. These documents relate to the Appellant's employment with KKK Pvt Ltd. and M/s LLL. They include, interalia, documents confirming the existence and operating status of these companies, certificates from the managing director of KKK and LLL confirming that the letters of employment submitted by the Appellant were genuine, tax certificates, copies of letters sent and received whilst with his employers, photographs, testimonials, etcetra.
8. My Findings
I am satisfied from the voluminous evidence before me that the Appellant was genuinly employed by both KKK Pvt. Ltd. and LLL as set out in his supporting letters of employment. On the basis of the evidence before me, I am not satisfied that the Appellant submitted a false document in support of his application. Therefore there were no grounds on which entry clerance to enter the United Kingdom should have been refused pursuant to paragraph 320(21) of the Immigration Rules. Futhermore, the Entry Clerance Officer failed to properly consider the application pursuant to prargraph 135A of the Immigration Rules. As I was not provided with a copy of the Respondent's bundle, I do not have the necessary information before me to determine whether the Appellant meets the requirements of this Rule.

9. On the totality of evidence before me, I find the Appellant has discharged the burden of proof and that the reasons given by the Respondent do not justify the refusal. Therefore the Respondant's Decision is not in accordance with the law and the applicable Immigration Rules.
Decision
10. The appeal in respect of the Immigration rules is allowed to the extent that the matter be returned to the Entry Clerance Officer to reconsider his decision pursuant to paragraph 135A of the Immigration Rules.
Well, the paragraphs above infact sum-up my complete case very nicely, truely and briefly.

Since I have not submitted any new document to the ECO other than my original visa application and then the appeal, i have very less clue as to what they want to ascertain in the Interview?

To the best of my knowledge I fulfilled the requirements of
funds and accomodation, at the time i made my first visa application in nov, 2005. I still fulfill the same requirements and I in no case will be resorting to public funds in Uk.

My friend (who was my colleque here in India, My team member, who used to report to me in my company) who is offering me accomodation in Uk now rather lives is bigger house than what he used to live in dec, 2005 and is drawing a salary of GBP 30,000 per annum. Meanwhile, while waiting for the appeal decision, I have infact completed some websites and webapplications for some British companies sitting here in India. So I am pretty sure of doing better when I am there in Uk.

But ECO's go by the law. If they have called me for the interview, I am sure they must have come up with questions that I am not able to comprehend on my own. That's why I need some advice from your vast pool of knowledge and expericence.

Please help me in dealing with this scaring 'cult' of Immigration Officers who I feel won't shy is asking you to proove that you are wearing a red shirt, if you tell them that you are wearing a red shirt and sitting right in front of them on the other side of the table, to quote as an example! :shock: :o :) I mean, I am feeling that they are beating the bush a little too hard in my case! :lol: They have already delayed me by 1.5 years in just satisfying their whim... I dont know what next, are they upto!

Thanks
Eagerly awaiting your advice.

PPra

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:17 pm

Decision
10. The appeal in respect of the Immigration rules is allowed to the extent that the matter be returned to the Entry Clerance Officer to reconsider his decision pursuant to paragraph 135A of the Immigration Rules.
So the ECO is being asked to reconsider, and clearly now cannot still suggest that your documentation was false. No doubt you intended to do this anyway, but clearly you will take your copy of the appeal determination with you. And stand your ground. For example, if the ECO is still suggesting that your documentation is false, simply refer them to the finding of the Appeal Tribunal.

I am not suggesting that they are going to go down that route but if he/she does persist in saying the documentation was false, if I were you I would ask to see the Manager, so that you can point out that the ECO is trying to ignore the findings of the appeal hearing.

Hopefully the appointment will not go like that at all ... and you will soon be able to post good news on this Board.
John

PPra

Post by PPra » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:51 pm

:)

Thanks John!
I will go with my socks pulled!
I am going with a winners mind!
(What ever it is, it will only be good!)

I will post the good news soon!

Thanks & Regards
PPra

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:35 am

PPra

If your appeal is allowed then your chances of getting visa is 100 %.
People in BHC delhi will not now refuse your visa.
Go with confidence :wink:

Regards

GolaUk
God is Great!

PPra

Post by PPra » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:37 pm

Thanks GolaUK!

My interview is on 27th Feb,2007 8:30 am Tuesday.

I am going through all the papers i had submitted with the visa last year.
I am carrying all the original documents.

Thanks again!
PPra

PPra

Got the visa!

Post by PPra » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Hello John, Golauk!

Thanks a ton!

I cleared the interview on 27th Feb, 2007
And today I got the passport with the visa stamped for 2 years.

Thanks a million times to you all for your guidance and support.
God bless you all!
Regards
PPra

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 pm

Many congratulations! Glad it all worked out for you ... in the end! But then, frankly, given the result of the appeal hearing, the ECO would have needed extremely good reasons if he/she was minded to refuse again.

Hope your move to the UK works out well.
John