ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent | Naturalisation Questions after ILR for 1 year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Urgent | Naturalisation Questions after ILR for 1 year

Post by malepiscean » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Hi,
I'm an Indian passport holder and after having been granted ILR on 05-Jan-12 I'm applying for Naturalisation tomorrow (21-Jan-13) at my local NCS (based on 5 year residence), my questions are:

1) Interestingly, my father was born in British India (prior to Independence and partition), in a town which is now not a part of India. My father's Indian passport simply says the name of the town as his birthplace but not the country. What should I write in the form AN (question 1.24) as the country? Is it okay to right British India?
(For reasons that I'd not like to get into please I'd like to avoid naming the present day country of the town in my application)

2) Is the following list of docs sufficient?
a) Passport with ILR vignette
b) 5 years p60
c) LIUK certificate
d) Form AN
e) Fee leaflet filled out with Debit card info

3) I read in some of the posts about employer's letter required to prove presence in UK during residential qualifying period, I happen to not have it, how big a problem will it be? I do however have all the p60s.

Many thanks in advance.

srik_1983

Re: Urgent | Naturalisation Questions after ILR for 1 year

Post by srik_1983 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Firstly, the documents you need for naturalisation are all passports held, Life in the UK pass certificate, completed form (dec 2012 version) and fee slip .. that's it ...

secondly, i would say provide the information which is factual and correct ... if the passport names the town, write down the name of the town .. for country check what country it was at that time and write that ...

hope this helps ....
malepiscean wrote:Hi,
I'm an Indian passport holder and after having been granted ILR on 05-Jan-12 I'm applying for Naturalisation tomorrow (21-Jan-13) at my local NCS (based on 5 year residence), my questions are:

1) Interestingly, my father was born in British India (prior to Independence and partition), in a town which is now not a part of India. My father's Indian passport simply says the name of the town as his birthplace but not the country. What should I write in the form AN (question 1.24) as the country? Is it okay to right British India?
(For reasons that I'd not like to get into please I'd like to avoid naming the present day country of the town in my application)

2) Is the following list of docs sufficient?
a) Passport with ILR vignette
b) 5 years p60
c) LIUK certificate
d) Form AN
e) Fee leaflet filled out with Debit card info

3) I read in some of the posts about employer's letter required to prove presence in UK during residential qualifying period, I happen to not have it, how big a problem will it be? I do however have all the p60s.

Many thanks in advance.

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent | Naturalisation Questions after ILR for 1 year

Post by malepiscean » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:39 pm

srik_1983 wrote:Firstly, the documents you need for naturalisation are all passports held, Life in the UK pass certificate, completed form (dec 2012 version) and fee slip .. that's it ...
Thanks, much appreciated.
srik_1983 wrote:for country check what country it was at that time and write that ...
Thanks, agreed, incidentally, that's what I have done as well :-)