ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application soon. Absences issue is concerning.Pls help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

korikos
Newly Registered

ILR application soon. Absences issue is concerning.Pls help!

Post by korikos » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:04 am

Hello folks

My ILR application is on 4th of February at Solihull PEO. I am currently on Work Permit and completed 5 years on 28 November 2012. My current visa expires on 13th of December 2013. I have been out of the UK for about 210 days in 5 years including paid annual leave, business and compelling reasons. My longest single absence in a 12 month period is no more than 25 days. I understand that this should be allright according to new rules commenced on 13 December 2012.

The problem is clarifying those absences. All annual leaves are booked in our company's intranet, nothing written kept and the HR says they cannot provide me the list of absences earlier than 1 January 2012 as all those records were lost due to the change in database provider. She only proposes a letter with my absences in 2012 and a paragraph stating that I am allowed to have up to 25 days off as paid annual leave. She refuses to provide anything more than that.

Folks, what should I do in this case. I have been with the same employer all the time. Any idea will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jan

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 am

Given the numbers involved, you should be fine with that letter. However, you might not even be asked to produce it.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.