ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority Service for settlement Jamaica

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoHopeful

Priority Service for settlement Jamaica

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:51 am

This is n the Worldbridge website for Jamaica:

Settlement Priority service

Price: USD $300 + tax for each settlement priority visa application. This fee is in addition to the visa application fee.

This service allows settlement visa applicants to pay to have their visa application placed at the front of the queue once received by the UK Border Agency, to commence processing ahead of other visa applications.

Important note: This service does not imply or guarantee in any way that applicants using the settlement Priority service will be successful in their visa application. All visa applicants must meet the requirements of the UK immigration rules.
Who can apply

Settlement visa applicants may apply for this service.

Applicants will need to submit documentary evidence that they have previously travelled to one of the following destinations in the last 5 years and complied with the terms of their visa: The UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.

You should not apply for this service if any of the following applies to you as your application may be identified as an exceptional case and processing would take longer:

You have previously been refused a visa for the UK;
You have previously been refused leave to enter the UK;
You have previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK;
You have overstayed a period of leave in the UK;
You have been refused leave to remain in the UK by the UK Border Agency;
You have any unspent criminal convictions in any country.

Forgive me asking a question that may be quite obvious, but I'm really not sure.
Does the information above mean that ONLY applicants who have previously travelled can use this service, or is it to state that if an applicant is using this service and has travelled in the last 5 years they need to evidence it?

I emailed them, and I did not get an answer to my query, just told that settlement visa applicants need to use if settlement priority service :roll:

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:57 am

Without looking at the website, the text you have cited clearly indicates that applicants using this service:

will need to submit documentary evidence that they have previously travelled to one of the following destinations in the last 5 years and complied with the terms of their visa: The UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.

So, anyone who has been to any of those countries is eligible (subject to the other conditions below this). Anyone who has not, is ineligible.

jayjj_uk
Newly Registered

Post by jayjj_uk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:46 pm

I thought World Bridge didn't operate for Uk Visa in Jamaica anymore? Its all done at BHC now in Kingston unless this had changed in the last 2 weeks since my wife been there.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:25 am

Thanks Lucapooka, I wanted clear clarification from them but still giving the same answer I stated in the OP.

Jayjj - the way visas are processed and whether or not priority service is available has changed number of times in the past 3 years since I married. At the moment, Worldbridge deal with payments for priority services and provide info/links back to the UKBA site for applications.