ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR APPROVED THIS WEEK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BE HAPPY
Newly Registered

ILR APPROVED THIS WEEK

Post by BE HAPPY » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:55 pm

My ILR approved this week at Glasgow. Mine was simple case with no complications. Process is simple and easy. I will not repeat the whole process at PEO here as it is already there in various topics

Background:

Work permit holder with one employer with late arrival by 2.5 months from the date of entry clearance. 150 days outside UK for holidays and business.

Documents taken from my file as mentioned below though I was quite overprepared on documentation.

1.Work permit
2. Employer letter
3. Last three months pay slips
4. Life in Uk certificate for self and dependent
5. Bank statement for last three months
6. Co-hab docs electroal register letter showing residence at current letter for past three years jointly( I called the office and requested for it-good document to show co-hab instead depending on many docs for the last two years and energy bill

Whole process took 1.5 hours and staff was courteous and helpful starting from Security gate to conclusion of case.

lesson Learnt form the whole process:

1. Booking an appointment
Do not wait 6 weeks before the due date. start logging and look for an appointment well before. book an appointment at later date and then keep rescheduling every time until it falls under your due date. this will help you to grab the appointment quickly without feeding information every time. My experience shows by the time you feed all info the appointment has gone.

2. Well prepare your docs file and present it in a neat and clean format to the caseworker to go through and understand the docs he needs to select. In my case, he appreciated the preparation and he took just one minute to select the required docs from the 1" thick docs file.

3. keep looking for any changes to rules on the news and feed at UKBA site. update your docs to meet that requirment.

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Do not wait 6 weeks before the due date. start logging and look for an appointment well before. book an appointment at later date and then keep rescheduling every time until it falls under your due date. this will help you to grab the appointment quickly without feeding information every time. My experience shows by the time you feed all info the appointment has gone.
This is one hell of advice, BE HAPPY! I will act on it immediately. Congratulations anyway!

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Congratulation Be Happy and good luck for future.

BE HAPPY
Newly Registered

Post by BE HAPPY » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:21 pm

sayome_now wrote:
This is one hell of advice, BE HAPPY! I will act on it immediately. Congratulations anyway!
Just the grab any appointment and you will find how quick is to reschedule if you see some appointment against cancelled one or during any midnight when booking slots are released.

vd_ilr

Post by vd_ilr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi BE HAPPY

Did you book at the same PEO and then rescheduled? or booked elsewhere and changed to your desired one?

Thanks

ban.s

Re: ILR APPROVED THIS WEEK

Post by ban.s » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:02 pm

BE HAPPY wrote: 1. Booking an appointment
Do not wait 6 weeks before the due date. start logging and look for an appointment well before. book an appointment at later date and then keep rescheduling every time until it falls under your due date.
have you thought from other's perspective? you are blocking an appointment that you don't need and thus perhaps preventing a genuine applicant from getting a slot.

BE HAPPY
Newly Registered

Post by BE HAPPY » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 am

vd_ilr wrote:Hi BE HAPPY

Did you book at the same PEO and then rescheduled? or booked elsewhere and changed to your desired one?

Thanks
I selected other PEO as well while rescheduling the appointment. You can select maximum 3 PEO while rescheduling.

BE HAPPY
Newly Registered

Post by BE HAPPY » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:42 pm

ban.s wrote:
BE HAPPY wrote: 1. Booking an appointment
Do not wait 6 weeks before the due date. start logging and look for an appointment well before. book an appointment at later date and then keep rescheduling every time until it falls under your due date.
have you thought from other's perspective? you are blocking an appointment that you don't need and thus perhaps preventing a genuine applicant from getting a slot.
Hi,
I agree that it is not fair on other. But always somebody genuine will get the appointment when you rescheduled the appointment. I have understood that many book second appointment in case they miss the first one. I have seen many appointmnets cancelled between 0915-0930 Hrs when UKBA conduct sense check on multiple booking and cancel additional appointments.

In the end it is luck that matters. If you are at right time on the system you will get an appointment even for the next day. Just to let you know that the appointment I attended was the once cancelled by somebody just 48 hours before. i was on the system luckily and got the one. As a result of this, the appointment cancelled by me two weeeks after was availlable at that time and disappeared within seconds from the screen.

So I believe that genuine will always get the appointment.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Just imagine the scenario someone is running out of leave to remain and forced to send Postal application in the absence of available appointment.

In my case my visa will be expiring soon and I am out of job at this moment. If I don't get visa early I may not be able to find job until I get visa (which could be 6 months in case of postal application) because some potential employers don't want to take chance.
Techie

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:29 pm

BE HAPPY wrote:My ILR approved this week at Glasgow. Mine was simple case with no complications. Process is simple and easy. I will not repeat the whole process at PEO here as it is already there in various topics

Background:

Work permit holder with one employer with late arrival by 2.5 months from the date of entry clearance. 150 days outside UK for holidays and business.

Documents taken from my file as mentioned below though I was quite overprepared on documentation.

1.Work permit
2. Employer letter
3. Last three months pay slips
4. Life in Uk certificate for self and dependent
5. Bank statement for last three months
6. Co-hab docs electroal register letter showing residence at current letter for past three years jointly( I called the office and requested for it-good document to show co-hab instead depending on many docs for the last two years and energy bill

Whole process took 1.5 hours and staff was courteous and helpful starting from Security gate to conclusion of case.

lesson Learnt form the whole process:

2. Well prepare your docs file and present it in a neat and clean format to the caseworker to go through and understand the docs he needs to select. In my case, he appreciated the preparation and he took just one minute to select the required docs from the 1" thick docs file.

3. keep looking for any changes to rules on the news and feed at UKBA site. update your docs to meet that requirment.

Did you give any letter of absences?

BE HAPPY
Newly Registered

Post by BE HAPPY » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 am

Did you give any letter of absences?[/quote]

EMPLOYER CONFIRMED IN THE LETTER (STATING SOC CODE AND NEEDED IN EMPLOYMENT) THAT I AM ENTITLED TO HOLIDAYS AND REQUIRE BUSINESS TRAVEL AND NO UNPAID HOLIDAY HAS BEEN TAKEN. THIS LETTER WAS ADEQUATE FOR CASE WORKER.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:44 pm

That's great thanks

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly? Would it be ok if i have p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer just in case?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:20 pm

MARCH wrote:Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly? Would it be ok if i have p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer just in case?

Regards,.....
If you are with the same employer (that issued your WP), see if they have a copy of your WP letter.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi,

I am a work permit holder and will be applying ILR shortly.
Do they askd you for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it?

Do you have any idea what i need to do to avoid trouble/ rejection in this case? What would you suggest?

Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Regards,.....

BE HAPPY
Newly Registered

Re: WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by BE HAPPY » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:15 am

MARCH wrote:Hi,

I am a work permit holder and will be applying ILR shortly.
Do they askd you for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it?

Do you have any idea what i need to do to avoid trouble/ rejection in this case? What would you suggest?

Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Regards,.....
I think if you attach copy of the WP and explain in a covering letter that original WP has been misplaced. Anyway HO will have details of your work permit.

MARCH

Post by MARCH » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 am

Hi Be Happy,

Thanks for reply.....

Regards,....