ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bankers Draft

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GD78

Bankers Draft

Post by GD78 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 pm

I was wondering if we can pay the fee for the AN form with a Banker's Draft?

The pay slip lists the options are debit/credit card or cheque. Technically a Bankers Draft is a cheque so would it be accepted? Has anyone paid by by Bankers Draft for their naturalisation application?

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Bankers Draft

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm

GD78 wrote:I was wondering if we can pay the fee for the AN form with a Banker's Draft?
Old-school, eh? ;)
I see no reason why not. The public office in Liverpool accepts them. Since it is a perfectly valid form of payment anyway, it should be accepted without any problems by HO.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:56 pm

It was accepted for my kids' MN1 application by post.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Yes Banker's draft falls into the category of cheque. In fact, this is the most secure form of payment as it will not be refused for lack of funds or credit.

GD78

Post by GD78 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will be using a Bankers Draft to pay for my naturalisation application. I don't have my own cheque book and do not want to use a debit/credit card as the Home Office have made mistakes in the past in entering the numbers incorrectly, etc.

I was curious why on the ILR forms they list Bankers Draft but not on the AN form? Surely a Bankers Draft is more reliable for both parties involved...