ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry stamp

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frankie36
Ireland

Entry stamp

Post by frankie36 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Dear Gurus,

My husband is currently completing his application form for EEA2 (he is non eea currently in UK on EEA FP). One of the questions asks what date he last entered the UK. We are a bit unsure what date to give as when he initially entered the UK on his EEA FP his passport was date stamped by immigration when he arrived. However we recently travelled to Rep of Ireland for Xmas and on our return his passport wasn't stamped (he wasn't even asked to show it).Should we still put down the date he most recently entered UK even though he has no date stamp for this? We are concerned the powers that be in th HO may be confused if we put down a date he doesn't have a stamp in his passport for (although he does have a short stay visa for Ireland which i guess does indicate that he travelled outside UK).

Thanks
Frankie

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Just write the truth. You don't need to worry about "what if" the HO would do. There are other ways to identify an entry other than just a passport stamp if they wish to find out.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:15 pm

It is just another example of a totally irrelevant question on UKBA application forms.

Only later, when you will apply for PR (after five years) it makes sense to have the entry stamp on the EEA Family Permit, as it marks the start of this five-year period.

Any short trips abroad during these five years (like your Christmas holiday in Ireland) do not affect your status in UK.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:10 pm

As others have pointed out, the question is irrelevant, but should be easy enough to answer...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:22 pm

A similar question appears on other (non EU) types of applications. I suspect it might be there to help the HO to link the application to your records in the HO database (they use the last entry date to locate your record). Just a guess.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Jambo wrote:A similar question appears on other (non EU) types of applications. I suspect it might be there to help the HO to link the application to your records in the HO database (they use the last entry date to locate your record). Just a guess.
This is pretty common; copy the format of the other forms...

frankie36
Ireland

Post by frankie36 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Jambo wrote:Just write the truth. You don't need to worry about "what if" the HO would do. There are other ways to identify an entry other than just a passport stamp if they wish to find out.
I don't think that is necessarily the case. I also went with my partner to the Republic of Ireland at Christmas, and we travelled back by ferry - and not only was my passport not stamped, but there were NO passport checks at all (by immigration on either side).

I know when we've flown back from Ireland, there is usually a special queue for arrivals from Republic of Ireland & Channel Islands - I've never had my passport checked in this queue, however they do take your boarding card from you.
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013