ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of history of relationship

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frankie36
Ireland

Evidence of history of relationship

Post by frankie36 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi,

My husband is about to submit his EEA 2 application as my nonEEA spouse (I am fromEEA). Along with passports, marriage cert, my work contract, letter from my employer, my recent wage slips and utility bills in both our names we were planning on sending supplimentary documents to evidence the history of our relationship as we only got married in June and we married in my husband's home country not UK. We were planning on sending the following:

- a photocopy of long form of our son's birth cert (he was born last autumn)
- phone records and emails to show our contact prior to my husband coming to join me in UK on EEA FP last summer.

We have a year's worth of daily emails and our wondering how many we should include with the application, if any?

Are there other things we should think about including?

Many thanks
Frankie

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 pm

I believe the marriage certificate and child birth certificate should be more than sufficient for proving relationship and eea partner treaty rights evidences are also very reasonable for making eea2. seems like an easy case. make sure to translate marriage certificate into english if it is not in english.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Well the documents you have will be more than suffice for your application. The face there is a child eliminate marriage of convenience.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

frankie36
Ireland

Post by frankie36 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:02 pm

sheraz7 wrote:I believe the marriage certificate and child birth certificate should be more than sufficient for proving relationship and eea partner treaty rights evidences are also very reasonable for making eea2. seems like an easy case. make sure to translate marriage certificate into english if it is not in english.
Thanks for the advice. Our marriage cert is in Spanish. Do we still need to get it translated into English? I was under the impression that it was ok in Spanish as it is a European language. Also I am only sending a photocopy of our son's long form birth cert as we need to keep the original to apply for a passport. I was going to attach a note explaining this. Is this ok or should I send the original short form birth cert also?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:30 pm

yes you need to translate it into english. And original document is better than photocopy to not give any chance to ukba for refusal.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

frankie36
Ireland

Post by frankie36 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:45 pm

sheraz7 wrote:yes you need to translate it into english. And original document is better than photocopy to not give any chance to ukba for refusal.
Thanks for the info Sheraz7. Does it need to be a certified translation? Can anyone recommend a company to do the translation?