ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refrees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vidsrao

Refrees

Post by vidsrao » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 pm

All,

We will be applying for Naturalization in few weeks. Im not sure who I should include in refree section. I have moved quite a lot and dont know any one to add in professional capacity to add as refree except my personal bank (officials) as I bank with the same organisation for the past 6 years. Can members share how they obtained the refrees?

Thanks,
Vidhya

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Refrees

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 pm

vidsrao wrote:We will be applying for Naturalization in few weeks. Im not sure who I should include in refree section. I have moved quite a lot and dont know any one to add in professional capacity to add as refree except my personal bank (officials) as I bank with the same organisation for the past 6 years. Can members share how they obtained the refrees?
Plenty of possibilities, for example a teacher, a lecturer, a priest, a former employer, a former colleague, your landlord/landlady, a sports club buddy, etc. You do need to know the reference for at least 3 years (not 6), but there is no requirement that you must have been continuously in close contact with that person ever since. Pick someone who knows you and can say something meaningful about you. Also see here.

vidsrao

Post by vidsrao » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:31 pm

From what you are saying I can use my ex-HR as professional reference. She has moved to Canada two years ago but we are still in touch. Can I still use her as a professional reference.

vidsrao

Post by vidsrao » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Forgot to mention. She is a British Citizen.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:34 pm

vidsrao wrote:From what you are saying I can use my ex-HR as professional reference. She has moved to Canada two years ago but we are still in touch. Can I still use her as a professional reference (...) She is a British Citizen.
Absolutely. For the application, one reference needs to be of professional standing (any nationality) and the other reference needs to be a British (any profession). This one fits into the second category, and assuming she is of professional standing (what fucntion within HR does she currently hold?), also into the first. You just have to find a second reference and you are good to go.

vidsrao

Post by vidsrao » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:52 pm

She currently holds MCIPD, HRIEP Assistant Director - HR Client Services

I hope I can use her as professional reference.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:53 pm

vidsrao wrote:She currently holds MCIPD, HRIEP Assistant Director - HR Client Services
I hope I can use her as professional reference.
Yes, that'll do nicely!

vidsrao

Post by vidsrao » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Just wanted to confirm again if the refree lives in Canada and still can provide reference to me. She is a British Citizen.

Thanks