ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for my son - help needed for section 4

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lotstoread
Newly Registered

British Passport for my son - help needed for section 4

Post by lotstoread » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi All,

I have recently received certificate of registration for my 15 month old son and I would like to apply for his british passport.

I am in the process of filling in the form and am not sure about section 4:

It says if both your parents were born abroad we will need details of your grand parents, please submit this in section 8?

I am not sure as when my son was born both myself and my wife were on tier 1, but after i got ILR i applied for his registration as bc on the basis of section 1(3) form mn1.

Do I have to provide my parents details in section 8?

Also can anybody please tell me which documents do i submit with his application?

It says in that i have to submit all of his previous passports, i have got his indian passport - If i submit this with his application, do they send it back? As i will require this to surrender with indian embassay later on.

Please any quick replies will be appreciated as I have got travel plans in february and need to sort this out soon.

lotstoread
Newly Registered

Post by lotstoread » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 am

Pls can anybody who knows the answer reply.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:25 am

See Q1 & Q2 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Passport.

All the supporting documents (including current passport) are returned.