ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:31 pm

eryck wrote:No updates, just waiting. Its frustrating but I guess its a waiting game. six months and over and no news yet.
When did you applied and what date have you given your Biometrics?

Jas007
Newly Registered

ILR Applied and waiting but can i change the jobs

Post by Jas007 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Dear All,
I am currently on work permit and applied my 10 years ILR 4 months back - I have an oppotunity waiting to change a job, is there anyway I can do that and also wait for my ILR or will I have to wait unitl I get my ILR ( Change my status)

New employer is waiting and I can start with showing him my passport photocopies and other correspondence from HO

I will appreciate if anyone will know as to whether I can change to a new job or wait until status is changed

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Applied and waiting but can i change the jobs

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Jas007 wrote:Dear All,
I am currently on work permit and applied my 10 years ILR 4 months back - I have an oppotunity waiting to change a job, is there anyway I can do that and also wait for my ILR or will I have to wait unitl I get my ILR ( Change my status)

New employer is waiting and I can start with showing him my passport photocopies and other correspondence from HO

I will appreciate if anyone will know as to whether I can change to a new job or wait until status is changed

Thanks
See if this helps. However, I suspect if this works for work-permit.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Jas007
Newly Registered

Post by Jas007 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks Mate - but what happens if HO refuses my ILR -

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 pm

I really wonder what is happening there.

Why cant UKBA keep their service standard i.e process appliaction within 6 months and if there is a delay then inform the applicants that there is a backlog. Although I am happy some august applications which were submitted after me have been successful but on the other hand I am also frustrated that mine has not been dealt yet! :cry:

gxf555
Newly Registered

Re: july applicants

Post by gxf555 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 pm

inception wrote:any update from Spider, gxf555, manish mehta, jewellondon, ali-80, eryck, hwima, tapi98, Sanji100, natisanga ?
I phoned them today and was told that it is still to be decided. Can only wait then.

elcanja
Newly Registered

Post by elcanja » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:@elcanja,

In addition to above, every person whether minor or adult, needs a travel document to travel abroad, regardless of their birth status.

A British person can not come into the UK unless he/she produces a British Passport at the borders.

Also your child cannot travel out side the country without a passport(whether foreign or local).

Its pretty straight forward.
Hi Spidery...

Thanks a lot but I am aware of that. She does have a Brazilian passport, I was just trying not to have to apply for her as a dependant. \

Cheers

elcanja
Newly Registered

Post by elcanja » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
elcanja wrote:Hi everyone...

I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a couple of things...

Like many here, I'm also anxiously waiting on a 10 year ILR application. I applied on the 2nd of August, got my by biometrics done end of September and since then, well, torture.... :)

My first question is along the lines of a recent discussion. Currently I'm on a student visa, my wife on a student dependant visa and I just had a baby 8 months ago which currently has no status. My original idea was that as soon as I got my ILR, I would apply for a new visa for my wife - FLR(M) - and register my baby as a British Citizen, she was born here.
However, as the decision is taking a lot longer than expected and I have a trip planned for the beginning of February - considering I will get my IRL in time - I would not have sufficient time to get my baby's citizenship sorted out. At best, I'll be able to book a premium service appointment and get my wife's spouse visa in time for the trip. I know I can include my child as dependant on the FLR(M) application but that would incur more costs and an increase in the financial requirements.
So the question actually is, if when returning to the UK only myself and my wife have valid visas, how likely is that the officer will see a problem in the baby not having a valid visa? Bearing in mind she was born here, that I'll have ILR and my wife a spouse visa.

The second question is about the financial requirements of the FLR(M). I know it says £18.600 + £3.800 for the first child. My wife is on a 20K + commission contract for a few years now, her P60 for 2010 - 2011 shows £22.500 in total and for 2011 - 2012 it shows £22.150. However, due to the child she has been on maternity leave for 9 - 10 months now. My doubt is what will the HO actually take into account with regards to evidence of earnings in the last 6 months. Will they consider the amount on her contract or will they consider only the maternity pay? Does anyone know?

Sorry about the rambling and thanks in advance...

Cheers
Read this post thorougly.

Hi Damanisshallo...

Thanks a lot for your help. I did read the post a couple of times and from what I understand I can't reenter with her without a her having a visa... There's no problem in her being here as long as she doesn't travel... Is that correct? What made me think that was possible was that a cousin of mine that has Portuguese citizenship reentered the UK with his son when the child only has a Brazilian passport. I guess that already being a full fledged member of the EU is different from having only having ILR. Would that also be correct?

And as for the other question with regards to evidence of earnings in the last 6 months. "Will they consider the amount on her contract or will they consider only the maternity pay?". I could not find any reference in that post... Did I miss it? Any further help would again be much appreciated.

Thanks again...

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:47 pm

elcanja wrote:Currently I'm on a student visa, my wife on a student dependant visa
sushdmehta wrote:Effect of changes to immigration rules being introduced on 09-Jul-12 and qualifying residence period for settlement

For anyone who applied .. for the very first time .... for leave as a "dependant" (of PBS migrant) .... before 09-Jul-12, then:

1. if you need to switch to FLR(M) and then apply for settlement later, you will remain subject to the current immigration rules and not the new rules becoming effective on 09-Jul-12, and
2. the qualifying period for settlement is 2 years.
Because, you wife is a pre-9July applicant and presuming that your wife has got enough leave to remain, you don't need to worry about Financial Threshold. However, you still got to prove that you can Maintain & Accomodate your family without relying on to public funds. Hope this info is of some help.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm

What happens if someone was on PBS dependent visa then had to leave the country...can they apply for FLR M from outside the country?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:00 pm

specy_99 wrote:What happens if someone was on PBS dependent visa then had to leave the country...can they apply for FLR M from outside the country?
They can, Unless their current leave is curtailed. New rules apply.

UKBA wrote:If you need to travel abroad, you should ensure that you return to the UK before your current permission to stay expires. If you cannot re-enter the UK because your permission has expired, you will not be able to apply to extend your stay as the husband, wife or civil partner of a British citizen or settled person - you will need to apply for a visa in this capacity from abroad.
Skydrives, Templates

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
elcanja wrote:Currently I'm on a student visa, my wife on a student dependant visa
sushdmehta wrote:Effect of changes to immigration rules being introduced on 09-Jul-12 and qualifying residence period for settlement

For anyone who applied .. for the very first time .... for leave as a "dependant" (of PBS migrant) .... before 09-Jul-12, then:

1. if you need to switch to FLR(M) and then apply for settlement later, you will remain subject to the current immigration rules and not the new rules becoming effective on 09-Jul-12, and
Because, you wife is a pre-9July applicant and presuming that your wife has got enough leave to remain, you don't need to worry about Financial Threshold. However, you still got to prove that you can Maintain & Accommodate your family without relying on to public funds. Hope this info is of some help.
in FLR M form, how we can fill the accommodation part, such as , how many bedrooms do we have in a flat or house, if we cant afford three bed room with four dependents?

Waiting&expecting
Newly Registered

Post by Waiting&expecting » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:27 pm

gxf555 wrote:
inception wrote:any update from Spider, gxf555, manish mehta, jewellondon, ali-80, eryck, hwima, tapi98, Sanji100, natisanga ?
I phoned them today and was told that it is still to be decided. Can only wait then.
Which number did you call and what options did you select? Also when is the best time?

AMH

Post by AMH » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Waiting&expecting wrote:
gxf555 wrote:
Which number did you call and what options did you select? Also when is the best time?
Call 0870 606 7766 press option4, then option 3 0r 4 (just check), then press1 and then hold the line for a while.
Try calling in the mornings, it will connect without holding much of time
Hope this helps
7A8M6H

smshad

Post by smshad » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi elcanja,
This may be able to help regarding maternity and income question.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in receipt of maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay, the relevant date for considering the length of employment will be the date of commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick leave, not the date of application. The relevant period for calculating income from their salaried employment will also be the period prior to the commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay and not the date of application. But the specified time periods for any other sources of income that are being combined will remain as set out in this guidance and in line with those not in receipt of maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay.

Rules regarding travel are different for EU members. ILR holders are still visa holders and not the British citizen.

Hope this help.
Shad
elcanja wrote:
Hi Damanisshallo...

Thanks a lot for your help. I did read the post a couple of times and from what I understand I can't reenter with her without a her having a visa... There's no problem in her being here as long as she doesn't travel... Is that correct? What made me think that was possible was that a cousin of mine that has Portuguese citizenship reentered the UK with his son when the child only has a Brazilian passport. I guess that already being a full fledged member of the EU is different from having only having ILR. Would that also be correct?

And as for the other question with regards to evidence of earnings in the last 6 months. "Will they consider the amount on her contract or will they consider only the maternity pay?". I could not find any reference in that post... Did I miss it? Any further help would again be much appreciated.

Thanks again...
Last edited by smshad on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smshad

Re: Received my ILar

Post by smshad » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi,
From where do you get the information that many August applicants have received their passports?

Although, HO is processing individual applications randomly but still there is some trend as per the forum's spread sheet.

May: 1 pending out of 18
June: 4 pending out of 12
July: 10 pending out of 14
Aug: 33 pending out of 34
smshad wrote:Congratulations!
Glad to see August applicant receiving passport. I am an August applicant as well but still confused how HO doing things, June/July still waiting.

BobbyUKENG wrote
Hi Punjabis,

Earlier in some posts I have seen HO saying that it will be working in the order which they have received, well I have seen many August Applicants received there results but where as June applicants still waiting, I do not know the HO working process on this and any one in the forum if can let me know that would be very much great.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by smshad on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:14 pm

good question!

clubcard2002
Newly Registered

Post by clubcard2002 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Guys,

Kinda read somewhere that if your ILR has been delayed through no fault of yourself and eventually granted you can apply for the passport after 15months from you ILR application date. I will try to find the document. That's if I applied for ILR in Feb 2012 and got my ILR Dec 2012, I can apply for passport in May 2013?

Can someone in the know confirm?

club

Ps

Link added - Annex B page 16 - g

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/[/url]
Last edited by clubcard2002 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elcanja
Newly Registered

Post by elcanja » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:

Because, you wife is a pre-9July applicant and presuming that your wife has got enough leave to remain, you don't need to worry about Financial Threshold. However, you still got to prove that you can Maintain & Accomodate your family without relying on to public funds. Hope this info is of some help.

WOW man!!! Now yes... I get it... I thought that this applied only when the pbs dependant was already applying for settlement, not FLR(M).
It actually makes it a bit easier I reckon, although the maintenace requirements are more open to interpretation as I could not find any specifics with ragards to how much money and what not... I'll start posting my new doubts about this in the correct part of the forum from now... :)

And unfortunately, just on the 10th of July I saw a "big shot" lawyer that charged me £440 for just an 1 hour and 20 minutes chat and I left the meeting with the idea that after I applied for my ILR my wife would have to apply for FLR(M) under the new rules... Got better adivce here and for nothing... Enough respect!

Thanks a million one again Damanisshallo!!!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Naturalisation

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:55 am

clubcard2002 wrote:Can someone in the know confirm?
Follow this FOI to get first hand confirmation. If this is true then it would compensate the wait for a few.
Skydrives, Templates

sahilkhan1
Newly Registered

Post by sahilkhan1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:15 am

By the Grace of Allah i have Recieved my ILR letter along with my Passports on Saturday the 19th of Jan, now just waiting for my Bio ID Card
Thanks Guys for all the support here.
please update my Details on skydrive

thanks

verylongwait
Newly Registered

Finally!!!

Post by verylongwait » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 am

After several phone callsto HO, they have sent me the second letter to attend my bio enrolment. First letter sent end of November but got lost.

Please update my timeline on skydrive

Bio letter issued 17/01/2013
Bio enrolled 22/01/2013

Thank you and good luck to you all!

smshad

Post by smshad » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 am

hi,
congratulations brother.
When did you apply? please share your timeline. I cant access skydrive from where I am now.
Take care.
Shad.
sahilkhan1 wrote:By the Grace of Allah i have Recieved my ILR letter along with my Passports on Saturday the 19th of Jan, now just waiting for my Bio ID Card
Thanks Guys for all the support here.
please update my Details on skydrive

thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Contradictory Stats from UKBA

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Why are there discrepancies on UKBA's Stats for two different FOI requests with similar questions? Especially for September & October?

WRT the SET(O) applications under the Long Residence Rule, Could you please provide me with the below information under the FOI Act.

1. How many applications were made under the above mentioned route in the months June, July, August, September & October.

The table below shows the number of SET(O) applications under the Long Residence category received between June and October 2012, and their current status.

Table 1: SET(O) Long Residence category applications received, June to October 2012

UKBA response on 21/Nov/2012

Code: Select all

LR 
Category   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Total

LR 
(10 Year)   510   500   505   165   10   1,690

LR 
(14 Year)   305   1,170   10   *     -    1,490

Total 	   815   1,670   515   170   10   3,180
WRT the SET(O) applications under the Long Residence Rule, Could you please provide me with the below information under the FOI Act.

1. How many applications were made under the above mentioned route in the months September ,October and November ?

UKBA's response on 22/January/2013

Code: Select all

LR 
Category     Sep   Oct   Nov   Total

LR 
(10 Year)   1125   970   335   2430

LR 
(14 Year)    40     15    5       60

Total 	   1165   990   340   2490
Skydrives, Templates

jai_aus

Can TIER 1 General visa holder apply as Dependant of ILR

Post by jai_aus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier1 General dependant and have applied for ILR in august based on long term residency and am still waiting...

My question is can my wife and daughter apply as dependants on FLR(m) .

I am about to make an application for my wife and daughter based on my ILR acknowledgement reference letter as our visa expires next month.

Can anyone please help me with this. Because I am not sure if tier 1 general holder can switch in to this category while in the uk.

Regards,
Jai