ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

XABI

CSI for PR

Post by XABI » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Hi Guys
I 'd like to know that I have RC based on my spouse self-suff and I got this by just submitting my wife's non-UK EHIC card, my earning through employment and bit of wife's savings. I was gathering documents for the PR and I was told by an adviser that I have to have CSI for myself as well despite I work full time and contribute into NI. If this is right then why I was issued the RC at first instance.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Well i belive Yes you do need csi if u self sufficient.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:26 pm

When was the RC issued? Although CSI was part f the regulations since 2006, The HO only started enforcing it to self sufficient applicants in 2008. If you have been issued RC before as self sufficient, you might argue to be exempt (a similar exemption exists for students with RC before 2011). There has been one report in the forum of a successful PR application based on this.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:26 pm

I believe the adviser is Perfectly correct. You were even fortunate to obtain Residence Card as a Self Sufficient Person using the ECHI.

You will need medical insurance for the whole family, except if your wife was a student.

The caselaw is gradually changing, and i believe soon it may be possible for your employment to be considered as work, so as to relieve you all from the medical insurance requirement. But for now you have to provide it.

It has always been in the EEA regulation from its inception, that Self Sufficient people has to have CSI for their whole family.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

XABI

Post by XABI » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:32 pm

nidaulhaque wrote:Well i belive Yes you do need csi if u self sufficient.
Then why do they deduct from my wage NI (National insurance Which covers Medical treatments, right)
What is the meaning of me paying for a service and not getting in return anything. This is a world wide concept whether your are rich or not as long as you contribute you have right to benefit in any situation.
In this case I am not a burden on NHS as I am contributing through my work.

XABI

Post by XABI » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:40 pm

Jambo wrote:When was the RC issued? Although CSI was part f the regulations since 2006, The HO only started enforcing it to self sufficient applicants in 2008. If you have been issued RC before as self sufficient, you might argue to be exempt (a similar exemption exists for students with RC before 2011). There has been one report in the forum of a successful PR application based on this.
I was issued first one on 10/2007 and second one 9/2008. both applications were the same documents but up to date.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:19 am

I suggest you read this thread by UKnow - CSI Insurance for EEA2 or EEA4 application. His PR was approved although I do believe he had CSI for some part of the time (I believe just the last few months before the application).

UKnow

Re: CSI for PR

Post by UKnow » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:35 pm

XABI wrote:Hi Guys
I 'd like to know that I have RC based on my spouse self-suff and I got this by just submitting my wife's non-UK EHIC card, my earning through employment and bit of wife's savings. I was gathering documents for the PR and I was told by an adviser that I have to have CSI for myself as well despite I work full time and contribute into NI. If this is right then why I was issued the RC at first instance.
Hello XABI, as Jambo stated. I had mine approved in Spet 2012.
If you had your RC before 2008 ( which I believe when the application for started stating you have to have CSI), then all you need to do is to highlight in your cover letter that you had used the application of 2006 or 2007 and in them there was no mention of the CSI being obligatory. If you are still a self sufficient status, then I would recommend you get a CSI for the period of applying until you have your PR approved. When you have a PR you do not have to have CSI any more (Jambo or anyone else please correct me if I am wrong here). The other option is to send your non-UK EHIC if it is still valid as your CSI, and see if they approve of it.
I did exactly that and they approved it with no problems. I think although it is not officially mentioned in the exemptions list (Students are mentioned only), they still understand it was a mistake on the application forms then and this is why it was modified after 2008
UKnow

XABI

Re: CSI for PR

Post by XABI » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm

UKnow wrote:
XABI wrote:
Hello XABI, as Jambo stated. I had mine approved in Spet 2012.
If you had your RC before 2008 ( which I believe when the application for started stating you have to have CSI), then all you need to do is to highlight in your cover letter that you had used the application of 2006 or 2007 and in them there was no mention of the CSI being obligatory. If you are still a self sufficient status, then I would recommend you get a CSI for the period of applying until you have your PR approved. When you have a PR you do not have to have CSI any more (Jambo or anyone else please correct me if I am wrong here). The other option is to send your non-UK EHIC if it is still valid as your CSI, and see if they approve of it.
I did exactly that and they approved it with no problems. I think although it is not officially mentioned in the exemptions list (Students are mentioned only), they still understand it was a mistake on the application forms then and this is why it was modified after 2008
Hi UKnow
I am pleased to know that you have got your PR
But do you mind to tell what exactly were the document you submited.
Also when I applied first time 07/2007 they did ask me about CSI for just for my wife and we submitted the non-UK EHIC that was valid for one year tohugh no issue date. But they excepted