ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inviting In-laws for 6 months - question about accomodation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s_a_n

Inviting In-laws for 6 months - question about accomodation

Post by s_a_n » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am

Gurus,

My wife is carrying and I would like to invite my in-laws. I currently rent a two bed house. Will home office have an issue with this? Will they consider it as overcrowding.

Also, do I need an NOC from the landlord?

Regards,
s_a_n
Last edited by s_a_n on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 am

You in one room and them in the other is not a problem, and if there is nothing in your tenancy agreement that prohibits house guests, you would not need to ask your landlord to give you permission for something that is not stated as being otherwise prohibited. I would be more concerned about your in-laws showing how they may leave behind their social and economic ties for six months, and then be able and motivated to return to those.

s_a_n

Post by s_a_n » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 am

Thank you Lucapooka.
They have house/property in India. My Father-in law is employed.
Really speaking they wont stay for 6 months but I guess that is the default time period.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Well you have to clear about that. You said six months in your first post and if that is what your father states in his application, he will likely need a letter from his employer granting him a six month recess.

s_a_n

Post by s_a_n » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Thank you. I will ask him to get a leave letter for the period he is planning to be in UK.