ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Application Form Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ltan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Application Form Questions

Post by ltan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Dear All,

This is my first time on this site and I hope you can help me with some questions that I have when I was trying to fill the form.

1. Are we supposed to use black pen and writing in block capital letters when completing the form?
- I read somewhere on the internet that this is standard practice when filling these forms.

2. On D1, it asked for my current immigration status in the UK. What does it mean?
- I am currently employed and working in the UK under T1 visa. Do I put something like 'salaried employee under T1 visa' or something else?

3. On B13, it asked for my home address for the last 5 years. What should I populate here?
- I have been staying in my current residence for 2 years. Prior to that, I have been on international and domestic projects and staying mostly in hotels or short term housing. Can I just use correspondence address (does not have to be a place I stay) as opposed to where I stay in this case since I have been moving about frequently?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ltan

askhan
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General Application Form Questions

Post by askhan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 pm

ltan wrote:Dear All,

This is my first time on this site and I hope you can help me with some questions that I have when I was trying to fill the form.

1. Are we supposed to use black pen and writing in block capital letters when completing the form?
- I read somewhere on the internet that this is standard practice when filling these forms.

yes use blackpen and capital letters

2. On D1, it asked for my current immigration status in the UK. What does it mean?

just write tier 1 general visa

- I am currently employed and working in the UK under T1 visa. Do I put something like 'salaried employee under T1 visa' or something else?

3. On B13, it asked for my home address for the last 5 years. What should I populate here?

just mention the last 2 address and dont worry

- I have been staying in my current residence for 2 years. Prior to that, I have been on international and domestic projects and staying mostly in hotels or short term housing. Can I just use correspondence address (does not have to be a place I stay) as opposed to where I stay in this case since I have been moving about frequently?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ltan
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

ltan
Newly Registered

Post by ltan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your reply. I understand your first 2 answers. But, can you clarify a bit on the 3rd point? If the last 2 addresses just got me less than 2.5 years, then that is ok? Also, if my second address happens to be in a German hotel for 2 months, I just need to put this down and move on to other questions?

Thanks again for your help.

Ltan

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:34 pm

ltan wrote:Hi Ash,

Thanks for your reply. I understand your first 2 answers. But, can you clarify a bit on the 3rd point? If the last 2 addresses just got me less than 2.5 years, then that is ok? Also, if my second address happens to be in a German hotel for 2 months, I just need to put this down and move on to other questions?

Thanks again for your help.

Ltan
yes write down the details of that hotel. ukba keep this for their record they are not going to call hotel anyway.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------