ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question About New Financial Requirement.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Thank you a lot for your help!!

I still find this a bit confusing:

E-ECP.3.4. The applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household, which the family own or occupy exclusively.

What if they require the statements and find out the parents are in receipt of housing benefits?? Wudn't that lead to the application refusal??

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:43 am

Although your points do make sense due to the main applicant on the tenancy agreement relying on some sort of benefits be it Housing or Income. As long as you are or your partner are directly not in receipt of such benefits you should be fine.

Think of it as your acomoodation will keep working fine the way it does now as long as all the parties have no objection for your partner to live with you and there is no overcrowding. Given that you will meet the financial requirements means the UKBA understands if for any reason your acomodation changes you will be able to support yourself without the use of benefits.

The VISA income requirements are set on an understanding that you will be able to provide food and roof with such amount in the UK. If you understand what I mean.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Yeah i do understand what u've said!! Bt i'm wondering if this article existed before in the old rules!! Because i really need to fill all loopholes in my application (thanks to your help of course) and i am not ready to get my application refused over such a dull reason!! 

We can rent the room from my sponsor's parents in order to avoid this situation!! Or we can mention in a covering letter that we r going to rent it once the entry clearance is granted!!

That article is really confusing me!! Any other opinions wud b really appreciated! 
Omaricious wrote:
E-ECP.3.4. The applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household, which the family own or occupy exclusively.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Yes it looks a bit unfinished this way.

I arranged something as I was almost in the same circumstances (see below):

- My parents are in receipt of income and housing benefit
- As part of the housing benefit my name is mentioned in the full hosuing benefit application as it is required to show full details of all the occupants
- I am not reciept of any benefits as my amount is deducted as part of the benefit scheme as I earn more
- The tenancy agreement was created on my dad's and my name
- The tenancy agreement was on a monthly full rent

What I did:

- I asked the tenancy agency to give ma a cover letter outlining the folowing:
* I pay rent seperately (£440 monthly)
* I have full access to a large double bedroom with an en-suite
* I have access to shared Spam and living area
* The tenancy agency has no objection for my wife to join me in the house
- I was paying £440 from my bank account to the agency and rest was paid through my dad

Although the whol tenancy agreement does not mention anything about my seperate rent, the agency was happy to provide such documents to me. As the rent liability was still on both of us no matter what, just the rent arrangements were divided to show clear outgoings for the purpose of the VISA.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:44 pm

sterling!! thank u Harv that was very helpful :)

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm back with two questions!! Sorry if they have been asked before:

1- where can my sponsor certify her passport!?? And how much does it cost??

2- where can she get a house inspection report done?? And how much does it cost aswell??

In addition i wud like to ask if SU07 sponsorship undertaking form must b certified by an immigration sollicitor!?

Thank you for ur usual help ;)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:04 pm

1. A solicitor/lawyer and costs vary depending on location. Here in London I think certifying can be as much as £5 per page. Might be worth ringing ones nearby to find out.
2. I believe chartered surveyors/environmental officers/estate agents do this, and I have seen people mention that some local councils do this also.... Just did a quick google check and one council says yes, another no. So down to where you are.

Cant help with the last one.

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Btw do we have to certify all the passport pages or jst the page containing biometric data!??

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:28 pm

Btw do we have to certify all the passport pages or jst the page containing biometric data!??

sharifm4
Newly Registered

Post by sharifm4 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:39 pm

I AM IN A SIMILIAR SUTIATION WHERE I AM TRYING TO SUBMIT A SPOUSE SETTLEMENT FOR MY WIFE. MY CONBINED SALARY IS ABOVE £1550.00 (£18600) FOR MY TWO JOBS FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS. HOWEVER, IN OCTOBER I HAVE EARNED £1497, 00 WHICH IS £57.00 BELOW THE REQUIRED THRESHOLD, BECAUSE I HAVE BROKE MY HAND IN OCTOBER. UNFORTANETELLY MY TWO SECOND EMPLOYER DOESN’T PAY SICK PAY.

I DON’T KNOW HOW I CAN GO ABOUT IT, DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS AGAIN. PLEASE HELP

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:48 pm

I believe in order to combine 2 jobs u need to provide 12 months payslips of both jobs And the monthly showed income in both payslips must be obove £1,550 over the 12 months.

Someone can correct me if i am wrong!!

sharifm4
Newly Registered

Post by sharifm4 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm

Omaricious wrote:I believe in order to combine 2 jobs u need to provide 12 months payslips of both jobs And the monthly showed income in both payslips must be obove £1,550 over the 12 months.

Someone can correct me if i am wrong!!

fair enough and i know where you are coming from but what happens if i am on various monthly income. in another words, one month above the threshold and second month below it. my understanding are as long as you are earning 1550 per month on average its fine

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 am

From what I understand, over 12 months the income can be variable as long as it meets or exceeds £18,600.

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:36 am

Ur annual income is calculated on d basis of ur lower salary shown in ur payslips so if u r earning above 1550 during 11 months and below the threshold (i.e 1500) for one month ur annual income wud be 1,500x12.

Excuse me for the writing im on mobile!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Category B is for people who have been employed by an employer for less than six months OR those who have a variable monthly income. As long as the gross amount for the year exceeds the requirement it does not matter about the lowest earnings in one particular month.

Only information for Category A mentions calculating finance based on the lowest monthly wage.

sharifm4
Newly Registered

Post by sharifm4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:40 pm

i understand if you are on various monthly income that. so i'd get reject for sack of 50 pounds less for one month. in another words i would have to wait for another 6 months period

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 pm

SoHopeful wrote:1. A solicitor/lawyer and costs vary depending on location. Here in London I think certifying can be as much as £5 per page. Might be worth ringing ones nearby to find out.
2. I believe chartered surveyors/environmental officers/estate agents do this, and I have seen people mention that some local councils do this also.... Just did a quick google check and one council says yes, another no. So down to where you are.

Cant help with the last one.
do we have to certify all passport pages or jst the page containing biometric data??

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Biometric page and any pages with stamps/visas

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:12 pm

thank u sohopeful for ur replies i really appreciate it.

i have a query about the accommodation part, in fact i wud like to know if it is mandatory to provide 6 months tenancy statements in case the sponsor is renting. (in my case my sponsor is willing to rent a room in her parents house as stated in my previous posts bt the process is taking long due to housing benefits late replies) i jst wonder if she started paying rent in March and we apply in june for example, wud that have an influence on the application?

knowing that im providing :

a letter from parents stating its ok for me to live in the house

letter from landlord (housing association) allowing me to stay in the house

letter from landlord stating that the sponsor is payin her part of the rent (our room) separately - while other part of the parents is paid via housing benefits-

letter from landlord giving detail about the number of ppl allowed to dwell in the house as a proof its not overcrowding.

any opinions wud be welcomed. thank you in advance.

PS: the idea of renting the room is jst to show that we wud b living in a house where the sponsor does not rely on housing benefits or any other benefits.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 pm

If the tenancy is a secure one with the housing association then this should not be an issue. Just get a copy of the tenancy and the letter giving you permission to move in also.

You would then just need the letter from your partner's parents to state how long they are happy for you both to live with them and the contribution to the rent.

esau1
Newly Registered

Post by esau1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi all, a question:

Does the £18,600 income apply to the partner who wishes to move to the UK or the partner who is already a UK citizen? I'm a little confused by the UKBA site and documents regarding this.

ex: I am the UK citizen and I live in the UK. Does this financial requirement apply to me or does it apply to my foreign partner who wishes to move to the UK?

Many thanks.

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:53 am

SoHopeful wrote:If the tenancy is a secure one with the housing association then this should not be an issue. Just get a copy of the tenancy and the letter giving you permission to move in also.

You would then just need the letter from your partner's parents to state how long they are happy for you both to live with them and the contribution to the rent.
Thank you for the reply!! So it doesnt matter if she started paying rent untill march or april knowing that i wud b applying by june!!? I jst need to provide an updated tenency agreement with both letters fromher parents n housing association!! Right??

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 am

esau1 wrote:Hi all, a question:

Does the £18,600 income apply to the partner who wishes to move to the UK or the partner who is already a UK citizen? I'm a little confused by the UKBA site and documents regarding this.

ex: I am the UK citizen and I live in the UK. Does this financial requirement apply to me or does it apply to my foreign partner who wishes to move to the UK?

Many thanks.
It applies to the sponsor who is willing to bring his spouse to live in the UK ... In this case it applies to you mate!!

esau1
Newly Registered

Post by esau1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:27 pm

Omaricious wrote:
esau1 wrote:Hi all, a question:

Many thanks.
It applies to the sponsor who is willing to bring his spouse to live in the UK ... In this case it applies to you mate!!
Thanks so much for the reply. I thought this was the case but was confused by the wording on the website. Good luck for your own immigration issues.

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 pm

[quote="Omaricious"]sorry but i have to re-ask my 3 questions again :

1 - My partners parents are receiveing housing beneftis and renting a house from a housing association. that is the house where we r intending to live (my partner and i ) Does this have any influence on my application knowing that my partner has savings of more than 20k?

this item has two dimentions.. financial and accom.....and you cant ignore one of them....
the application may have a severe impact on the FINANCIAL SIDE as well as the accom side as well....

if the parents are currently receiving housing benefit ...and they now declare a higher income then does that adversely affect the housing benefit of the parents? the parents benefits may get reduced.. and that may upset them....why is no one commenting on that ????

its not just a question of proving that there will be no overcrowding...thats easy.. what about all these benefits issues ??
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014