ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success ILR and dependant extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khubs

Success ILR and dependant extension

Post by khubs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi all,

Many many thanks to all in this forum!!!! My journey of acquiring visas starting from Hsmp until ILR which I recently received is because of all the advice I have had from this forum. So thanks to everyone and many many thanks to pushp, vinny and John.....

My visa story is as follows:

I got HSMP on 8-2-08 and entered the UK on 10-3-08. I applied for early extension as I met the criteria and got tier1 extension 8 months before expiry of the Hsmp visa at the PEO Croydon in June 2009 even though my Hsmp visa was running out on feb 2010.therefore, essentially i got further 3 years until 8-2-13. Although I had difficulty in booking PEO appt. I managed to log in few nights exactly at 11:40pm and was able to secure an appt. by 12:10 am.I would advise people to use google chrome And have 3 window tabs logged in at 11:40pm. I got my appt. for Birmingham Solihull :14-1-13 at 9:00am and the case worker only asked for my application form, passport, 12 month bank statements and 12 month payslips, life in UK test and nothing else. I was then told to go for biometric after which I left the building for 1 hr and came back at 11:00am and they informed me that everything was ok and that the visa was granted:))))

Dependant case:

Initially on dependant spouse visa from may 2011 onwards. For extension purposes we booked the PEO appt. at Birmingham Solihull again exactly 1 week after my ILR as by this time I received my biometric card too which stated my indefinite leave to remain status. Appt. was on 21-1-13 at9:00am , the caseworker asked for myhusband's 6 months bank statements, payslips, main applicant 1 bank statement stating the address, passport. Pls. Be noted that he didn't go for FLR form and instead filled in tier 1 dependant extension form which was fine!!! He alas been granted 3 years although he will apply for his ILR as soon as we can provide evidence for living together for 2 years.

Thanks to allllll......from myself and my husband!!!! And good luck in your respective visa journeys.....

SU2012
- thin ice -

Post by SU2012 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 am

Hi Khubs

Congrats! Please can you share what your absences were for 5 years ?

khubs

Post by khubs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 am

Hi - I had 160 days os absences in 5 years, pls. Keep a excel sheet and temember to fill this in whenevr you leave or come back to the borders
SU2012 wrote:Hi Khubs

Congrats! Please can you share what your absences were for 5 years ?