ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H1B Visa Question

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pankajs
Newly Registered

H1B Visa Question

Post by pankajs » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:24 am

hello friends

I am an indian national. currently in punjab working as a software developer in an IT company. I hv around 2 years of full experience in .NET technology n SQL Server.

few days back through a local consultant i got an interview call from a company in US for a tech interview. I am throgh now. Now visa process is to be started. I want to knwo is it safe to go to US on H!b visa consultant. though he is a known person of my city n working in this area from last 5 years.

They want me to pay the visa fee bec employers in US r aware that afrr gettiong visa ppl leave the jobs n find other good ones, so they want to make sure that i must work with thm for one yar n after that they will refund the visa fee charged from me. PLUS another expense is consultant's fee.

Can anybody tell me whats thet process of H!b, Cost of visa and other exenses which an employer has to pay on processing H1B.

Regards
Pankaj

pankajs
Newly Registered

Post by pankajs » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:01 am

Can anybody suggest me something.

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:12 am

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... 037249.cms
http://www.newh1.com/newh1b_pricing.html
$ 500 is the minimum cost ...
H1B needs to be filed by the employer. Realistic cost is a few thousand $.