ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi,

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hammad ahmad

Hi,

Post by hammad ahmad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:49 am

I am on PSW at the moment and currently living in Pakistan. I am applying for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa. Can i a start import business such as linen and import of towels etc. i have a very good network in textile industry in Pakistan and would like to involve myself in the same industry. The question is that can i register my company in Uk as an importer of textile products?

I would really appreciate your response asap.

sriks

Post by sriks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 am

If you are planning to apply from Pakistan.. in which case you have to show 200,000 .. You are allowed to do any business you like.

But if you are planning on applying from within the UK and (benefit from psw) and show 50K it has to be a Graduate level occupation.

Check the graduate occupation list and see if there is a title which you can justify.

hammad ahmad

Post by hammad ahmad » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 am

Thank you very much for your reply. I am planning to apply from inside UK through PSW route. I ahave searched the graduate occupation list but i can't be sure. would you be kind enough to guide me on how to look in the graduate occpuation list?

moazzam7871

Post by moazzam7871 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 am

You can choose any Job title/business(NQF 4 OR ABOVE). But you need to show a trading contract with a client as well. So try to choose job title where you can easily find a client.
Last edited by moazzam7871 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:54 am

Importers/Exporters
Code 3536
NQF 3

This is not eligible for the PSW to Tier 1(Ent) switch.

hammad ahmad

Post by hammad ahmad » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks for the useful information. God bless

hammad ahmad

Post by hammad ahmad » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 pm

few more questions. My PSW visa expries in April 2014. Is there any dedline to switch to tier 1? What if i apply at the end of this year. The reason i want to delay is becuase at the moment i don't have any business idea.
Can i invest in my brother's company. He is running his own security firm. or can i start my of firm e.g (security or cleaning) or get into franchise business such as fast food or any restaurant business.

sriks

Post by sriks » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 pm

You can switch even on the last day of your visa (providing UKBA doesnt change the rules for this visa)

as for investing into a company, you can always do that as long as your occupation is above NQF Level 4, as discussed earlier

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:37 pm

hammad ahmad wrote: Can i invest in my brother's company. He is running his own security firm. or can i start my of firm e.g (security or cleaning) or get into franchise business such as fast food or any restaurant business.
None of the activities you have mentioned would qualify for Tier 1 (Ent) at the 50K PSW threshold. You have no understanding of the requirements for this immigration category and are asking random questions instead of actually reading the guidance, and you will suffer the consequences of this folly.

hammad ahmad

Post by hammad ahmad » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 am

Thanks for your guidance.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 pm

hammad ahmad wrote:Thanks for your guidance.
for 50k route the level of business must be NQF Level 4 or above so think before you invest into anything, As Lucapooka mention above that read the policy guidance it will help you understanding the requirements.

regards

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:04 pm

hammad ahmad wrote:few more questions. My PSW visa expries in April 2014. Is there any dedline to switch to tier 1? What if i apply at the end of this year. The reason i want to delay is becuase at the moment i don't have any business idea.
Can i invest in my brother's company. He is running his own security firm. or can i start my of firm e.g (security or cleaning) or get into franchise business such as fast food or any restaurant business.

Hi

You can invest in your brother,s security firm Provided he is not using this business along another partner for Tier 1 Visa purpose.

You can also start your own security company its fall in level 4. NOT CLEANING COMPANY.

Regards
Shaukat

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
hammad ahmad wrote: Can i invest in my brother's company. He is running his own security firm. or can i start my of firm e.g (security or cleaning) or get into franchise business such as fast food or any restaurant business.
None of the activities you have mentioned would qualify for Tier 1 (Ent) at the 50K PSW threshold. You have no understanding of the requirements for this immigration category and are asking random questions instead of actually reading the guidance, and you will suffer the consequences of this folly.
HI
Lucapooka, what do you think about security company? I believe its acceptable. it does appear in List provided by UKBA( unless list change now) and i have successful cases on this business.

Regards
Shaukat

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:18 pm

There is security and there is security. The first type is referring to the management of security systems, installations and detection, and the second type is with regard to elementary security operations providing security guards and bouncers. The second type of business is not level 4 or above.

hammad ahmad

Post by hammad ahmad » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:01 am

Please can you guide me about this new policy by UKBA, particularly the (b) part

We may ask you to:

a)provide additional information, for example business plans and evidence of market research, to confirm the genuineness of your application; and
b)demonstrate that you continue to have access to the funds ahead of them being invested in a UK business. You may have moved money into your business in the meantime. If so, you will need to provide the business accounts or accountant certificate showing that you have invested the funds in the business, together with the updated evidence of any remaining monies to make up your full investment.

Thanks

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:20 pm

hammad ahmad wrote:Please can you guide me about this new policy by UKBA, particularly the (b) part

We may ask you to:

a)provide additional information, for example business plans and evidence of market research, to confirm the genuineness of your application; and
b)demonstrate that you continue to have access to the funds ahead of them being invested in a UK business. You may have moved money into your business in the meantime. If so, you will need to provide the business accounts or accountant certificate showing that you have invested the funds in the business, together with the updated evidence of any remaining monies to make up your full investment.

Thanks
its quite simple ... now they want us to have access to money on ongoing basis.

regards

hammad ahmad

Post by hammad ahmad » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:32 pm

so the 50,000 should be kept in the bank for the term of 3 years once we are issued with tier 1 entrepreneur visa.
What does it me that the money should be invested in the uk? does it mean that the funds should me transferred to the company and should be shown on the balance sheet as OWNER'S EQUITY by the owner?

I know i have been asking too many questions but i would appreciate your response.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 am

hammad ahmad wrote:so the 50,000 should be kept in the bank for the term of 3 years once we are issued with tier 1 entrepreneur visa.
What does it me that the money should be invested in the uk? does it mean that the funds should me transferred to the company and should be shown on the balance sheet as OWNER'S EQUITY by the owner?

I know i have been asking too many questions but i would appreciate your response.
Yes you have to have access to 50k for the whole term of visa or they can curtail your visa. I will recommend you to read the policy guidance and the changes made from 30 January 2013.

money should be invested in uk mean, you need to show that you are doing business for which they given you visa ....... or doing some other business and have started to invest and show progression ...... you don't have to invest 50k all at same time ..... you can do this step by step .... but same time you have access to 50k all time ....

for example ... if you invested 20 k in 6 months after visa approved, but you should have access to remaining 30k at all this time toooo ....... even your business don't need any more investment still you need to have access to the remaining funds. same for 200k category.

I hope it help

regards

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:10 am

hammad ahmad wrote:so the 50,000 should be kept in the bank for the term of 3 years once we are issued with tier 1 entrepreneur visa.

Yes you have to have access to 50k for the whole term of visa or they can curtail your visa. I will recommend you to read the policy guidance and the changes made from 30 January 2013.

money should be invested in uk mean, you need to show that you are doing business for which they given you visa ....... or doing some other business and have started to invest and show progression ...... you don't have to invest 50k all at same time ..... you can do this step by step .... but same time you have access to 50k all time ....

for example ... if you invested 20 k in 6 months after visa approved, but you should have access to remaining 30k at all this time toooo ....... even your business don't need any more investment still you need to have access to the remaining funds. same for 200k category.

I hope it help

regards

hammad ahmad

Post by hammad ahmad » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:31 am

Thanks for such a detailed reply. but the thing which is confusing me is the word INVESTMENT IN THE UK. What i want to know is that if my business does not require that amount of investment so how should i invest that money. do i have to physically buy some assets? or 50,000 should be in the company balance sheet which would be 50,000 equity and cash 50,000 available.
The accounting treatment is if i invest 50,000 in equity that would be shown as owner"s equity and cash increased by 50,000. so the cash should be available to the company at anytime. Some businesses do not require that amount of investment. I am seriously looking to invest and at the moment generating the 50,000 so that should be available to the company at all times
Your reply would be appreciated

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 am

hammad ahmad wrote:Thanks for such a detailed reply. but the thing which is confusing me is the word INVESTMENT IN THE UK. What i want to know is that if my business does not require that amount of investment so how should i invest that money. do i have to physically buy some assets? or 50,000 should be in the company balance sheet which would be 50,000 equity and cash 50,000 available.
The accounting treatment is if i invest 50,000 in equity that would be shown as owner"s equity and cash increased by 50,000. so the cash should be available to the company at anytime. Some businesses do not require that amount of investment. I am seriously looking to invest and at the moment generating the 50,000 so that should be available to the company at all times
Your reply would be appreciated
First step : have to have access to 50k on ongoing basis regardless of amount you need to invest for ur business

If your business need only 10 k and its working fine and making money still u need to have access to the remaining 40 k at all time till you in tier 1 entrepreneur visa category.

Regards

hammad ahmad

Post by hammad ahmad » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:37 am

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

hammad ahmad

Post by hammad ahmad » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 am

OOH just saw your reply. THANKS ALOT
God Bless

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:17 pm

hammad ahmad wrote:OOH just saw your reply. THANKS ALOT