ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trading Contract with self-employed or individuals

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

entrepreneur123

Trading Contract with self-employed or individuals

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Hello everyone,
I got a question regarding trading contract we are supposed to show under PSW £50,000. I am planning to open Business development services business. I have managed to find a client who is a photographer but do not have registered company and willing to setup his own company. So i will be providing services including setting up company and preparing marketing strategy etc. So i will be using job title of Business development manager NQF 6. My question is, is it ok to use this contract with indiviual in my application?(As contract will be with individual who will open company afterwards)
Any help will be quite helpful. Thanks in advance.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 pm

OR if he setup his own company first and then i do a contract with him...then it will be ok? As in this case contract will be with new company who is just registered,say, 20 days ago.. will this be a problem as UKBA might think that its a bogus company....

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:47 pm

Who told you that you can only show a contract with a company? The policy guidance does not state that the contract must be with another company, as obviously, many businesses primarily provide services to individuals and not other firms.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Many thanks whiteroses. I was worrying about it, such a big relief. Do you think the services (company setup, marketing strategy and other intial business start up advise) that i will be providing using Business Development Manager(NQF 6) job title will be fine for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa? My company name will be ABC business development services. Sorry if i am asking too many questions. Thanks

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 pm

whiteroses wrote:Who told you that you can only show a contract with a company? The policy guidance does not state that the contract must be with another company, as obviously, many businesses primarily provide services to individuals and not other firms.
Hi

If you look into the nature of business off applicant you would realize he is trading as Business Consultant. and as an business consultant he should be advising a business not individual. if someone has newly started business or about to start in any case contract should be with company or his business name.
Business contract is a contract between two businesses.

Regards
Shaukat

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:38 pm

smehmood wrote:
whiteroses wrote:Who told you that you can only show a contract with a company? The policy guidance does not state that the contract must be with another company, as obviously, many businesses primarily provide services to individuals and not other firms.
Hi

If you look into the nature of business off applicant you would realize he is trading as Business Consultant. and as an business consultant he should be advising a business not individual. if someone has newly started business or about to start in any case contract should be with company or his business name.

Regards
Hi Smehmood,
I am running a tutoring company and have contracts with individuals. Obviously, as a private tutor I cannot provide services to businesses.Can you advise me on what to do, since you are saying it must be with a business?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:29 am

Sar78 wrote:
smehmood wrote:
Hi

hi Sar78,

I think you will be fine as its goes with your nature of business

good luck

regards
Regards
Hi Smehmood,
I am running a tutoring company and have contracts with individuals. Obviously, as a private tutor I cannot provide services to businesses.Can you advise me on what to do, since you are saying it must be with a business?

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 am

Many thanks for your kind advice smehmood. So if my client open his new company first then can i do contract with this new company (it will be 2 months old company) ? Do you think it matters to UKBA if my client will be newly registered company ? As new business usually need business development services... Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:17 am

Smehmood,
First of all, a consultancy can advise people or individuals on not only developing a business plan but also with the process of setting up the business. Many business consultants provide this service.
Secondly, if the photographer is self employed, then a company setup isn't necessarily required, as a sole proprietorship is also a business.
Thirdly, a business contract, in general and as per the guidance, is been two or more parties, and the parties can be businesses or individuals or both.
Anyway, I suppose the guidance is open to interpretation so there are bound to be different opinions.

Regards.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks whiteroses for your reply. Just to add, Photograher(my client) is not registered self-employed at the moment. Please could you advice what should i do? Any advice will be quite helpful, as i am worrying about it. thanks

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:44 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:Many thanks for your kind advice smehmood. So if my client open his new company first then can i do contract with this new company (it will be 2 months old company) ? Do you think it matters to UKBA if my client will be newly registered company ? As new business usually need business development services... Thanks in advance for your kind advice.
Hi

It does,nt matter.

Regards
Shaukat

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:56 pm

whiteroses wrote:Smehmood,
First of all, a consultancy can advise people or individuals on not only developing a business plan but also with the process of setting up the business. Many business consultants provide this service.
Secondly, if the photographer is self employed, then a company setup isn't necessarily required, as a sole proprietorship is also a business.
Thirdly, a business contract, in general and as per the guidance, is been two or more parties, and the parties can be businesses or individuals or both.
Anyway, I suppose the guidance is open to interpretation so there are bound to be different opinions.

Regards.
Hi

1. I have given my opinion you agree or disagree
2. this is just my opinion not something do with u personal.
3. (Your 1st.) that advise would be initial and can be provided to anyone but it would logically not lead to contract.
4. (your Second) I never said it has to be registered company it could be self employed person but he would have a trading name at least.
5. (your third) yes its general but its logical and depends on nature of business.

I am sorry if any of my comments have hurt but that was not my intention.
Shaukat

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:59 pm

rehan01 wrote:
Sar78 wrote:
smehmood wrote:
Hi

hi Sar78,

I think you will be fine as its goes with your nature of business

good luck

regards
Regards
Hi Smehmood,
Hi

the quoted comments were for a business Consultant.
i would suggest you can send Application form filled up by students or enrollment letters.

Regards
Shaukat