ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal mail Tracking status!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Egyptian lover

Royal mail Tracking status!!!

Post by Egyptian lover » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi all .. I was checking if my prepaid been sent from UKBA with RC and i got this message " Special Delivery™ Next Day items are first tracked when they have reached our mail centre. This may be late in the evening on the day the item was sent.
Information on your item is not yet available online."

Any idea !!!!
Application sent : 18/10/12
received : 19/10/12
COA received : 21/10/12 ( with right to work)
Passport requested 9/3/13.
Passport received with RC 3/4/2012
(RC issued 15/3/13 , Letter dated 27/3/13)

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Royal mail Tracking status!!!

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Yes:
Egyptian lover wrote: Information on your item is not yet available online."
Your package has either not been dispatched to Royal Mail or its details are yet to be entered into the RM system.

Did the UKBA advise you to expect a delivery?

If not, rest your oars and snuggle up with a warm Cuppa.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:51 pm

nothing can be predict as they both i.e UKBA & ROYALMAIL are same in terms of committing mistakes and errors.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:41 pm

sheraz7 wrote:nothing can be predict as they both i.e UKBA & ROYALMAIL are same in terms of committing mistakes and errors.
Evidence please.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 pm

2-3 times in a week normally i have to personally visit my 10 doors away neibour to correctly deliver the post that postman mistakenly deliver at my door despite being living very close to royalmail main sorting unit.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:00 am

sheraz7 wrote:nothing can be predict as they both i.e UKBA & ROYALMAIL are same in terms of committing mistakes and errors.
Ouch! Do you mean UKBA is as bad as Royal Mail? Or do you mean that Royal Mail is as bad as UKBA? Either way is awful!!!!

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:26 am

Sorry to be the bearer of bad EU news but the blame for the decimation of the poastal service is a result of EU Directives. (The Postal Services Directives 97/67/EC, 2002/39/EC and 2008/06/EC)

Before touching your keyboards - check out the facts that are out there on the www...

For those who are new to the UK (and those who have forgotten) the Royal Mail used to be the envy of most countries. Two deliveries each each day; post offices everwhere; prompt parcel deliveries, low cost etc etc. A public, nationalised industry that actually worked very well.

Then EU competition directives forced part privatisation and the split-up of services. Further regulations prevented subsidisation of sub-post offices causing hundreds (or was it thousands?) to close.

The good EU Lord he giveth and the good EU Lord he also taketh away.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm sorry but the link you provided does not allow me to check anything at all, let alone some facts.

The EU directives you mention seem, however, very much inspired by the extreme free-market approach of mrs Thatcher and her associates, and the privatisation of the railways is another example.

So what is the pattern here: a very bad idea from the UK government, unfortunately not blocked by the rest of the EU, and by the time it is clear that it has disastrous consequences blame the EU for imposing it on the UK!

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 pm

The EU directives you mention seem, however, very much inspired by the extreme free-market approach of mrs Thatcher and her associates
A meaningless statment. A desperate attempt to form a link with a former British Prime Minister and EU Directives. Who was talking about the railways?

No links were given as I thought people might be able to search the answers for themselves. But see below how a corrupt institution (the EU) is able to interfere in the affairs of supposidly independent states and decide how the money raised on the backs of the taxpayer should be spent.

http://ec.europa.eu/competition/sectors ... cases.html

People on this forum know lots about EU Immigration Regulations but little about how the EU actually operates and its effect on real democracy and self determination within the EU boundaries. Its as corrupt as any South American banana republic. Its just that the generals are not wearing army uniforms.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:11 pm

keffers wrote:People on this forum know lots about EU Immigration Regulations but little about how the EU actually operates and its effect on real democracy and self determination within the EU boundaries. Its as corrupt as any South American banana republic. Its just that the generals are not wearing army uniforms.
You may or may be right. But this is actually an immigration forum, and this part of it is about free movement law.

Speaking of immigration: This telegraph article suggests that most people who leave the UK are in fact young. "By contrast, only 125,000 people of retirement age emigrated".

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Interesting. But nowhere in the article does in state that the people who are leaving are all (or even mainly British). It would be reasonable to assume that the vast majority of those who are retired are British. Note the phrase 'retirement age'. Does it mean the state retirement age in force at the time (60 for women and 65 for men - or the current age of 67 for both?) Not quite the same as those who sell-up and retire abroad having accumalated enough money or taken early retirement. Ironically one of the reasons high levels of immigration is needed is cheap labour to help fund the pensions of those who 'retire' 10-15 years early regardless of whether they emigrate. Most immigrants of course will never find themselves in a state job where they have accumalated a pension good enough to retire early.

Immigrants emigrate too.

How are these figures compiled seeing as there are no exit visas from this country? If I were to emigrate tomorrow how would anyone know, or even need to know - unless I was retired and receiving a pension?

There is nothing to indiacte that emigration is due to being in the EU; that EU countries are the main destination of choice for young non-retirees; or that the emigration is nothing more than a youthful temporary sabatical abroad.
Last edited by keffers on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 pm

keffers wrote:But nowhere in the article does in state that the people who are leaving are all (or even mainly British).
The article is badly written, but the quotes give it away:
“Our most economically active are leaving to apply their talents elsewhere,” the MP said, warning that talented Britons are being lured away to “growth economies” elsewhere in the world.
He added: “Questions have to be asked as to why, even in a truly global economy where labour markets are relatively open, we here in the UK cannot hold onto our own home-grown, home-educated talent.

Research for the Home Office last year found that almost half of all Britons who emigrate each year are professionals and company managers.
Official figures in November revealed that thousands of British graduates from the best UK universities are choosing to work abroad.

Almost one in 10 British graduates from institutions such as Cambridge, Durham, Exeter and Oxford who found jobs in 2011 were working overseas.

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 pm

I've added to my earlier post but you interpreted the information in exactly the way the author of the report wanted you to.

1) Give a figure of emigration and key phrases/words to put people's age groups into someone's mind. Do not mention nationality.

2) Give percentage figures specifically mentioning nationality so the reader assumes 1 is directly related to 2.

Easy.