ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa refused : COS expires while app under process

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bariaji
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 visa refused : COS expires while app under process

Post by bariaji » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 pm

Hi ,

I had made a Tier 2 General visa application on 03-Dec-12 with my (restricted) COS expiring on 16-Jan-13.
After massive processing delays finally when I enquired with the visa office reg. my application status on 21-Jan-13, I was told that my application will be refused as my COS has expired !
UKBA website says that a valid COS is one which has been used to apply before expiry. If COS expires while application is under process then should the applicant be penalised as I had submited a COS with 44 days to expiry?

Has anyone been in a similar situation ? Any advice on what I can do ?
NB: Entry clearance office hasn't returned my application yet.

Thanks.

Freeman78

Post by Freeman78 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Thats Wrong Info. They cannot refuse you for that reason

o55r
Newly Registered

Post by o55r » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Tier2 visa refused due to overstayer more than 28days, but tier2 applied before the new rule i.e., 01/10/2012.
received decision letter on 17/01/2013.

Is it illegal and irrational?

bariaji
Newly Registered
India

Post by bariaji » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:31 am

The Entry Clearance Officer offered me his 'apology' for the processing delays but said the only alternative is to reapply with a new COS as now they cannot process the expired COS.
As an applicant I should not be concerned with delays at their end as long as my application is valid with a valid COS on application date.

Can anyone advice me what steps can I take ? Since application has not been returned yet so I cannot apply for the administrative review now. Is there something I can do to make them change their stand(as issue me the visa) before they send the application pack back to me ?

Thanks.

crabbott
Newly Registered

Post by crabbott » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm

I would ask them for clarification. As Freeman78 said they cannot use that reason as the website clearly says that you must apply before your CoS expires and your date of application is when your application and payment is received. I know this isn't overly helpful but your post made me panic for a minute as I applied on the 5th January and my CoS expired on 17th January so I double checked the conditions.