ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attn: Experts: Refused-planning to apply for reconsideration

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

Attn: Experts: Refused-planning to apply for reconsideration

Post by anishpadela » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:16 am

Dear Experts

My case is been refused by CHC, London. I claimed points as under and was awardec as under:

Claimed Awarded
Age 10 10
Language 14 14
Education 25/22 20
Experience 21 21

I have done my Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management from one of th institute which is recgnised by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) in India. AICTE is the statutory body, established for proper planning & co-ordinated development of technical education system throughout the country. It registers and approves all the institutes for its programs. The same way, mine is also recgnised by AICTE. At the time of sending documetns, I send the copy of AICTE approval given to my institute as well as copy of University letter given to my instituite accrediting that PGDBM is equivalent to MBA run in the university. On that bases I cailmed points more than 20. Considering those facts, I should have been given points which are more than 20 and it can went through. Below is the reponse I received from CHC:

"I have considered your submissions for for awarding more than 20 pooints for your for educatoin for your Post Graduate Diploam in Business Management from TIMS. However I dids not find any evidence that institute is recognised by University Grants Comission of India. Regulation of 73 of IRPA suggests that a training institute should be recognised by the authorities responsible for registering, accrediting, supervising and regulating such institites in teh country of issue" This would not include recognition from any university. So I am awarding you 20 points for your education."

This is simply not done as I have provided them letter of university just to establish the equivalency. I have never claimed that my institute is recognisd by the univerysity. Copy of the degree and all the transcripts have wel written that the institute is recognised by AICTE and copy of AICTE was also included as part of documentation. I believe this is erro on part of visa officer and she did not consider some of the facts I provided. Netiher she asked for more facts if she has any dounbts for any of them.

Further, I am consering the option to ask them for re-consideration of the my assessment. To prove my points, I am planning to submit below documents:

1. A copy of AICTE law issued by Govt. of India passed by parliament in 1987 along with cover letter from AICTE declaring their status as recognising body.
2. Letter from my institute declaring their AICTE approval along with copy of registration they have for teh year 2006-2007.
3. Letter from AICTE declaring that PGDBM is equivalent to MBA.
4. Some other facts from the websits of AICTE, Higher Education Dept. and University Grants Commission.

For further analysis of my facts, I request you to go to some links below:

http://www.ugc.ac.in/studyindia/programs/structure.html
http://www.aicte.ernet.in/download/act.pdf

I am planning to write a strong submission letter to Program Manager of CHC, London as well as review branch in Ottawa.

Further to this, I request all the panel experts to guide me about reconsideration, deatils I need to keep in mind, proceure, If any or any other relavant details. Also let me know if i can send the facts to some other relvant authorities as well.

I have decided to put up the fight as I strongly feel I am right and I should not give up like this.

Kindly help me with your words and be with me for my jounrney to fight for the truth.

Rgds
Anis Padela

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:10 pm

Hello There:

I am sorry to have heard of your plight. It is unfortunate this has happened to you but cheer up since it is not the end of the world.

What was the initial of the officer who refused your file?

I also received 66 points against 71 points. The officer said, the college I took the Management Information systems diploma was not recognised by the UK government(i.e. was not on the list of the DfES approved register's list) but this was wrong since she called someone at DfES who said the college was not listed but the college had rather had a name change and the old name was not there but the new name rather. The college during the process had sent a letter to this effect concerning the name change but yet she still ignored this fact. I ordered my CAIPS and saw this anomaly. Wrote a letter to them concerning this error and she responded to the fact that, since she has already refused the application, she would not consider any new evidence (but this was not new though) and I should re-apply.

Steps taken:
- I have written a letter of complaint to the High Commissioner in London
- Another letter to the MP of my destined province
- Another letter to the Minister of CIC

I suggest you write this letter with evidence to the above since your application for consideration would be refused as per OP6 Regulations and the best point of complaint is in Ottawa rather than London.

Send me a PM if you need any further guidance.

Jes
Praise The Lord!!!!

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:39 am

Hi Jes...

Thanks for the reply...I can feel your pain...Ofcourse this is not end of the world...But I am taking up this as I believe we shoudl not give up just like that and fight as long as we can to prove our point.

I need some clarification:
1. Letter to the MP of my destined province means MP in Ontario if I thats my destined province??
2. Shall I send new evidences to CHC, London and also to Ottawa? If yes, where in Ottawa? Whats the address for that? Do I need to keep a lawyer for that or directly I can send them??

Kindly guide me further.

I am in the process of collecting facts and will be done by 10th of Feb and then I will send across to the people.

Rgds
Anis

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:21 pm

anishpadela wrote:Hi Jes...

Thanks for the reply...I can feel your pain...Ofcourse this is not end of the world...But I am taking up this as I believe we shoudl not give up just like that and fight as long as we can to prove our point.

I need some clarification:
1. Letter to the MP of my destined province means MP in Ontario if I thats my destined province??
2. Shall I send new evidences to CHC, London and also to Ottawa? If yes, where in Ottawa? Whats the address for that? Do I need to keep a lawyer for that or directly I can send them??

Kindly guide me further.

I am in the process of collecting facts and will be done by 10th of Feb and then I will send across to the people.

Rgds
Anis
Anis thanks for coming back.

1. Dependent on which province (ontario), there are a number of MP's for each province so you have to narrow it down to the locality so that it goes to a particular MP. Check the following link for your MP:

http://webinfo.parl.gc.ca/membersofparl ... Language=E

2. Send the new evidence to Ottawa at the following address:

The Honourable Diane Finley, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1
You may send comments to the Honourable Diane Finley at Minister@cic.gc.ca.

You can send a copy to the Program Manager too but not to the Officer since she would just refused based on Processing Regulations.

You can use a lawyer or send that by yourself. If it was an appeal, Yes a lawyer is required but this is a complaint for a redress which I do not think a lawyer is necessary but that is your call.

Regards
Jes
Praise The Lord!!!!

rely

Re: Attn: Experts: Refused-planning to apply for reconsidera

Post by rely » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:36 am

anishpadela wrote:Dear Experts

My case is been refused by CHC, London. I claimed points as under and was awardec as under:

Claimed Awarded
Age 10 10
Language 14 14
Education 25/22 20
Experience 21 21

I have done my Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management from one of th institute which is recgnised by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) in India. AICTE is the statutory body, established for proper planning & co-ordinated development of technical education system throughout the country. It registers and approves all the institutes for its programs. The same way, mine is also recgnised by AICTE. At the time of sending documetns, I send the copy of AICTE approval given to my institute as well as copy of University letter given to my instituite accrediting that PGDBM is equivalent to MBA run in the university. On that bases I cailmed points more than 20. Considering those facts, I should have been given points which are more than 20 and it can went through. Below is the reponse I received from CHC:

"I have considered your submissions for for awarding more than 20 pooints for your for educatoin for your Post Graduate Diploam in Business Management from TIMS. However I dids not find any evidence that institute is recognised by University Grants Comission of India. Regulation of 73 of IRPA suggests that a training institute should be recognised by the authorities responsible for registering, accrediting, supervising and regulating such institites in teh country of issue" This would not include recognition from any university. So I am awarding you 20 points for your education."

This is simply not done as I have provided them letter of university just to establish the equivalency. I have never claimed that my institute is recognisd by the univerysity. Copy of the degree and all the transcripts have wel written that the institute is recognised by AICTE and copy of AICTE was also included as part of documentation. I believe this is erro on part of visa officer and she did not consider some of the facts I provided. Netiher she asked for more facts if she has any dounbts for any of them.

Further, I am consering the option to ask them for re-consideration of the my assessment. To prove my points, I am planning to submit below documents:

1. A copy of AICTE law issued by Govt. of India passed by parliament in 1987 along with cover letter from AICTE declaring their status as recognising body.
2. Letter from my institute declaring their AICTE approval along with copy of registration they have for teh year 2006-2007.
3. Letter from AICTE declaring that PGDBM is equivalent to MBA.
4. Some other facts from the websits of AICTE, Higher Education Dept. and University Grants Commission.

For further analysis of my facts, I request you to go to some links below:

http://www.ugc.ac.in/studyindia/programs/structure.html
http://www.aicte.ernet.in/download/act.pdf

I am planning to write a strong submission letter to Program Manager of CHC, London as well as review branch in Ottawa.

Further to this, I request all the panel experts to guide me about reconsideration, deatils I need to keep in mind, proceure, If any or any other relavant details. Also let me know if i can send the facts to some other relvant authorities as well.

I have decided to put up the fight as I strongly feel I am right and I should not give up like this.

Kindly help me with your words and be with me for my jounrney to fight for the truth.

Rgds
Anis Padela
No way you would have got 25 points but yes 22 points they should have awarded to you.
Go for appeal if you want to do something.These ministers cant do anything.By law visa officer is the final authority.
rely

anishpadela

Re: Attn: Experts: Refused-planning to apply for reconsidera

Post by anishpadela » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:52 am

Hi...

Thanks for the reply....22 points also will do...So if this error on the part of visa officer?? I guess we have every right to write to Program Manager and ask for reassessment....This is just not done....My intention is to write Program Manager and Review Committee in Ottawa...Will it be good enough?? Pls comment.

Anis

[/quote]

No way you would have got 25 points but yes 22 points they should have awarded to you.
Go for appeal if you want to do something.These ministers cant do anything.By law visa officer is the final authority.
rely[/quote]

sia2001

Post by sia2001 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:58 pm

good luck with yr appeal. hope you will get it. you mentioned you applied at London Embassy. Can you pls tell when did u apply and when you received the refusal letter?
many thanks.