ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sully
Newly Registered

Dependend Application form

Post by sully » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Does any one know here , what application form I have to used for my wife, her visa going to be expired soon and I have not received my decision yet under the 10 years long residency rout, applied in June 2012.

My wife have tier 1 general dependent visa.

naqeeb

Can anyone help

Post by naqeeb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm

I applied in August for ILR and have been following this blog everyday. I have a quick query - Approached my MP to help due to my personal circumstances (my grand mother passed away - father unwell in hospital) sent reports and death certificate and evidence and after 3 weeks home office have replied saying the case has been expedited and should be hearing from UKBA soon.

Can any of you with previous experience give me some advice on how long it takes to get documents back since case has been expedited as i have to travel in 3rd week of February and was even considering withdrawing my application if i didn't hear anything back by Friday. And also how long it takes to receive documents back if i withdraw my application, big dilemma please help.

Thanks
Najeeb

dial2all

Re: Can anyone help

Post by dial2all » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 pm

naqeeb wrote:I applied in August for ILR and have been following this blog everyday. I have a quick query - Approached my MP to help due to my personal circumstances (my grand mother passed away - father unwell in hospital) sent reports and death certificate and evidence and after 3 weeks home office have replied saying the case has been expedited and should be hearing from UKBA soon.

Can any of you with previous experience give me some advice on how long it takes to get documents back since case has been expedited as i have to travel in 3rd week of February and was even considering withdrawing my application if i didn't hear anything back by Friday. And also how long it takes to receive documents back if i withdraw my application, big dilemma please help.

Thanks
Najeeb
Hi Najeeb,
sorry to hear that, which address did you sent the certificates & report?
one of my friend has got same problem he has got his passport after 3 weeks of request submit. but his application was FLR (M).
Thanks
Abu

naqeeb

Post by naqeeb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi Abu,

Passed it to my MP who forwarded it to UKBA. It is a very bad phase waiting and i know a lot of them have been waiting longer than me. Cant even try to keep my mind occupied with something else when there is a lot of personal circumstances.
dial2all wrote:
naqeeb wrote:I applied in August for ILR and have been following this blog everyday. I have a quick query - Approached my MP to help due to my personal circumstances (my grand mother passed away - father unwell in hospital) sent reports and death certificate and evidence and after 3 weeks home office have replied saying the case has been expedited and should be hearing from UKBA soon.

Thanks
Najeeb
Hi Najeeb,
one of my friend has got same problem he has got his passport after 3 weeks of request submit. but his application was FLR (M).
Thanks
Abu

dial2all

Post by dial2all » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:25 pm

I think you need to sent document with covering letter to this address

Liverpool Settlement Casework
UK Border Agency
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

Hope it will help you

naqeeb wrote:Hi Abu,

Passed it to my MP who forwarded it to UKBA. It is a very bad phase waiting and i know a lot of them have been waiting longer than me. Cant even try to keep my mind occupied with something else when there is a lot of personal circumstances.
dial2all wrote:

Thanks
Najeeb
Hi Najeeb,
Thanks
Abu

Ged

Re: Dependend Application form

Post by Ged » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 am

sully wrote:Does any one know here , what application form I have to used for my wife, her visa going to be expired soon and I have not received my decision yet under the 10 years long residency rout, applied in June 2012.

Hi,
I assume you will apply based on your unresolved ILR and your wife will be the dependant of a settled person. It means you will use FLR(M) form.

Hyper-PK

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 am

[SKYDRIVE PATH]

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: Dependend Application form

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:36 am

sully wrote:
Does any one know here , what application form I have to used for my wife, her visa going to be expired soon and I have not received my decision yet under the 10 years long residency rout, applied in June 2012.

As per Ged you'll have to use form FLR(M):

What I suggest is:

1) Make a premium appointment for your wife few days before the expiry date of her visa, just in case your ILR is approved before her visa expires.

2) Be prepared to send FLR(M) postal application make every thing ready and apply with a cover note, while your case is still pending.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

dumba
Newly Registered

BBC News: UKBA backlogs: Inspectors find thousands of new ca

Post by dumba » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:29 pm

Have you seen this in the news today?

Maybe things will go faster!

UKBA backlogs: Inspectors find thousands of new cases
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21170495
Last edited by dumba on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: BBC News: UKBA backlogs: Inspectors find thousands of ne

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:31 pm

dumba wrote:Have you seen this in the news today?

Maybe things will go faster!

UKBA backlogs: Inspectors find thousands of new cases
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21170495
It is already posted as a new post under ILR.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Contradictory Stats from UKBA

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Why are there discrepancies on UKBA's Stats for two different FOI requests with similar questions? Especially for September & October?

WRT the SET(O) applications under the Long Residence Rule, Could you please provide me with the below information under the FOI Act.

1. How many applications were made under the above mentioned route in the months June, July, August, September & October.

The table below shows the number of SET(O) applications under the Long Residence category received between June and October 2012, and their current status.

Table 1: SET(O) Long Residence category applications received, June to October 2012

UKBA response on 21/Nov/2012

Code: Select all

LR 
Category   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Total

LR 
(10 Year)   510   500   505   165   10   1,690

LR 
(14 Year)   305   1,170   10   *     -    1,490

Total 	   815   1,670   515   170   10   3,180
WRT the SET(O) applications under the Long Residence Rule, Could you please provide me with the below information under the FOI Act.

1. How many applications were made under the above mentioned route in the months September ,October and November ?

UKBA's response on 22/January/2013

Code: Select all

LR 
Category     Sep   Oct   Nov   Total

LR 
(10 Year)   1125   970   335   2430

LR 
(14 Year)    40     15    5       60

Total 	   1165   990   340   2490
Here is what UKBA wrote:From: NW Region FOI
UK Border Agency

24 January 2013

Dear Sir or madam,

Further to my email from yesterday, I have now been advised the following by the statistical department:

The data for FOI 24882 was collated at 15th November 2012, based on the number of cases which had been raised (input) onto the computer system database.

The data for FOI 25439 was collated on 7th January 2013 by which time more of the applications received during the preceding months had been input into the database.

On note (d) on FOI 24882 the data is qualified as referring only to case which has been raised on the database and note (a) on FOI 25439 advised that the figures are subject to change.

I hope this explains the reason why the figures differ.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 22 January 2013 14:32
To: NW Region FOI
Subject: Freedom of Information request - Backlog stats

Dear NW Region FOI,

Thank you for the reply. I've been comparing the data sent to me
with that of Mr Clarke's request bearing reference FOI24882 which
can be found here

Could you please let me know why are there discrepancies between
FOI24882 and FOI25439 especially for the months September 2012 &
October 2012.

Yours sincerely,
UKBA wrote:Paragraph 276B(i)(b) of the Immigration Rules, which allows settlement in the UK after 14 years of lawful and/or unlawful residence, is no longer applicable from 9 July 2012
What makes me wonder is, How could there be applications under 14 Yrs LR rule in the months Aug, Sep, Oct & Nov 2012. Are these applications waiting only to be rejected? What application forms did they used (Hope not custom made). How did UKBA entered these applications on to their database under 14 Yr LR????????? Can't be bothered to find answers for these questions.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

dumba
Newly Registered

Post by dumba » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Damanisshallo, maybe all these autumn applications been added to the database during these months, but recieved before the 9th of July?

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Khall75 wrote:Ops Policy Mailbox
Subject: Spouse visa

Dear sir/madam
Hope my email will find u in good health and spirit.
I applied for ILR on the bases of long residence(10 years). Just waiting for confermation. I need some information regarding my wife status.
She joined me in uk in August 2006 while I was a student,then I got 2
years PSW visa and then HSMP which is valid till July 2013.
My question is what category of visa form should I use for her now as
she lived with me in uk for over 6 years. Is she eligible for ILR or
should I apply for FLR(m). And whether she will come under the new rules
of 9 July 2012 or the old rules.
I will be looking forward to your kind reply.
Thank you so much
just check the next post for UKBA reply

nadeem toheed

Re: Ukba answer

Post by nadeem toheed » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Khall75 wrote:Thank you for your enquiry dated 6th December 2012.

As you have been granted ILR under Long Residence Category, your wife
must switch into the marriage category using FLR(M) application form.

She would also be required to meet the new Immigration Rules applicable
from 9th July 2012.

Yours sincerely,
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency
this is UKBA reply for above post

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Damanisshallo wrote:
nadeem toheed wrote:
Hello,
Could anyone guide me please regarding my question,
I've sent my application( 10th Dec.2012) for ILR on the basis of ten year long residence as i got four dependents (3 kids born in UK and wife ), my wife is with me here in UK from march 2006 up till now and she got PSW dependent visa till 30th July 2014, my questions is
do i need to show the maintenance requirements ( 18600 pounds ) or more for my dependent spouse visa ?
please guide me
Thanks

No, your partner falls under old rules. No financial requirement is required. However you need to prove that you can maintain and accommodate your dependants without relying on public funds. Read this post for further clarification.

please help me out as i post above, thanks and sorry for confusing

abisingh
Newly Registered

Post by abisingh » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm one of june applicants ......
and stilll waiting n waiting ...........
how long only god knows ..........
any news from any june '12 applicants ....

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 pm

abisingh wrote:I'm one of june applicants ......
and stilll waiting n waiting ...........
how long only god knows ..........
any news from any june '12 applicants ....

Hi abisingh

I am also one of the June applicant and waiting, I did my biometric on 25 th of August. How abt you?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:29 pm

nadeem toheed wrote:please help me out as i post above, thanks and sorry for confusing
No, the person who ever responded to Khall75's email is wrong. Not being nasty but, most of the representatives are not trained up to the standards who respond to the enquiries. I bet if you ask the same question again they'd come with a completely different answer.
STATEMENT OF INTENT: FAMILY MIGRATION @ page 68 wrote:Scenario. Before 9 July 2012 you were granted entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner of a British or settled person, or you have applied for this and are awaiting a decision.

Arrangements applicable
The immigration rules in force before 9 July 2012 will still apply to you from 9 July 2012 until settlement, if you qualify for it. This includes the existing maintenance requirement and a two year probationary period to settlement. From October 2013 you will need to pass the Life in the UK test and a B1 level English speaking and listening qualification to qualify for settlement.
These arrangements also apply to post-flight spouses and partners of refugees and persons granted humanitarian protection in the UK.
Transitional arrangements @ page 3 wrote:2. Applications granted or submitted before 9 July 2012
2.1 Applicants granted or applying for leave under the Rules

A person who has been granted, or made an application for, leave to enter or remain before 9 July 2012 in one of the following categories will remain subject to the Immigration Rules in force as at 8 July 2012 until settlement (the grant of indefinite leave to remain) even where the application is granted on or after 9 July 2012:
• person exercising rights of access to a child resident in the UK (see Part 7 of the Immigration Rules);
• fiancé(e);
• proposed civil partner;
• spouse;
• civil partner;
• same sex partner;
• unmarried partner;
• child;
• adult dependent relative;
• post-flight family member of a person granted refugee leave or
humanitarian protection in the UK; or
• 14 year long residence.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 pm

nadeem toheed wrote:
Khall75 wrote:Ops Policy Mailbox
Subject: Spouse visa

Dear sir/madam
Hope my email will find u in good health and spirit.
I applied for ILR on the bases of long residence(10 years). Just waiting for confermation. I need some information regarding my wife status.
She joined me in uk in August 2006 while I was a student,then I got 2
years PSW visa and then HSMP which is valid till July 2013.
My question is what category of visa form should I use for her now as
she lived with me in uk for over 6 years. Is she eligible for ILR or
should I apply for FLR(m). And whether she will come under the new rules
of 9 July 2012 or the old rules.
I will be looking forward to your kind reply.
Thank you so much
just check the next post for UKBA reply
Please re-read Mr Khall's email sent to HO and I don't think he ever mentioned on which category his wife is currently present in the UK. He always referred as either "she joined me" or "she lived with me in uk for over 6 years." but forgot to mention "joined him as a dependant" That could be the reason HO advised that new rule will be applicable.
Skydrives, Templates

kebl303

Re: Contradictory Stats from UKBA

Post by kebl303 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm

[quote="Damanisshallo"]
How did UKBA entered these applications on to their database under 14 Yr LR????????? Can't be bothered to find answers for these questions.[/quote]

Their reply was quite quick, hopefully other caseworkers will follow his example. There is still something fishy about the numbers.

K.

eryck
Newly Registered

June/July Applicants

Post by eryck » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 am

Thought I should share this with everyone and in particular June and July applicants.
I applied in July and still waiting but with this information I think we are all in for a long wait.
This is the response to a FOI request made through WhatDotheyKnow website.

The requester wanted information about June/July Application recieved and pdecided.
1. How many applications were received under the SET-O long residence 10 years rule in
the months of June & July 2012?

There were a total of 1,260 SET (O) long residence (10 year) applications received in the
months of June and July 2012.
2. Of the SET-O long residence 10 years application you have received in the month of
June & July 2012, how many have been resolved?

Of the 1,260 applications received, 296 have been decided.
You can find the details question http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s ... 0_years_pr
The details answer herehttp://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 1.pdf.html
Enjoy reading

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:41 am

So, for the months June and July, only <25% have been decided. And they keep telling us 95% within 6 months, more recently they've got a new figure 65%...huh
Skydrives, Templates

eryck
Newly Registered

Post by eryck » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 am

Damanisshallo wrote:So, for the months June and July, only <25% have been decided. And they keep telling us 95% within 6 months, more recently they've got a new figure 65%...huh
to save me from going crazy I didn't want to do the maths of how many have been decided.

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:57 am

[/quote]
to save me from going crazy I didn't want to do the maths of how many have been decided.[/quote]

It should be 95% within 9 months! Is anyone still waiting after nine months?

K.

natisanga

Post by natisanga » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:24 am

I also think that the waiting time now is around 9 months!!
I am a july applicant ( end of july though)...
Probably we will be lucky to receive them before easter...
OMG....
nothing to do, just wait... my boss is not going to like this... i need to travel... um...
good luck to everyone...