ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Work Permit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:49 pm

I dont see a problem :-), you will get the letter you demanded. Since you are not expecting a positive reply (as you dont qualify), there is nothing really to worry.

In a couple of weeks time, you should receive a letter that you dont qualify and hence you have the option to switch to WP.

Good luck with switching :-)

dnataraj

whats need of Cancelling HSMP to switch to WP

Post by dnataraj » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:20 am

Cheated,

Could I know whats the reason of Cancelling the HSMP,,,if you want to switch to WP.
As far as i know, Once your compnay have filed you a WP, then when they send for Stamping obviously they will cancel the previous visa( HSMP visa.)

Please share more information...

Best Wishes,
Nataraj

Cheated

Post by Cheated » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:10 pm

Dnataraj

This is what the HSMP team told me to do. Get an HSMP rejection, so your company can get a Work Permit for you. My company also told me to get this rejection "whatever that meant". They were not (and still are not) very happy about it.

"If you submit your application now, during a transitional period we are considering the HSMP cases and if the case would fall for refusal due to the fact you do not meet the 75 points, we are issuing a letter giving the option to vary to work permit which includes a concession to the advertising criteria for a work permit. The option to vary using the advertising concession is only available if you have firstly submitted the HSMP and failed to meet the 75 points.

If you decided to take up this option your employer would need to submit a work permit application and then your leave would be decided upon the outcome of this."

So I applied for an HSMP extension knowing fully well that I am short of points.

They've now send me a letter asking "Do you wish to vary your application"

I do not know what happens once I return this letter. My documents (and passports) are still with them anyway.

Do I tell my comapny now to apply for a Work Permit? Should I give this letter (copy) to the company as part of my application?

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

HSMPLover

Post by HSMPLover » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:28 pm

What about your anout counter, It will be reset after switching it to Workpermit or it will be combined along with your HSMP suration and workpermit?

Cheated

Post by Cheated » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:35 pm

Honestly I'm not bothered about the 'resetting of the counter'.

After the latest statement from the Home Office "there is no guarantee" that anyone will receive ILR I'm not going to waste time over that.

I just want to get a Work Permit and get on with life.

In fact, worse comes to worse, I have a nice country (India) to go back to.

But for the present, any help in filling this form will be appreciated.

This is the letter I have now received from the WP team after having failed the HSMP extension (1year +)

REQUEST TO VARY APPLICATION FOR FURTHER LEAVE TO REMAIN

It asks two questions

1. If you wish to vary your application from one for FLR as a HSMP to one for FLR as a WP holder please tick the following box

2. Please tick to confirm that your employer has already submitted a WP application, or intends to do so within 42 days.

Am I supposed tick both these boxes?

My company is waiting to get the 'HSMP rejection letter' to apply for WP. Is this the one?

My documents (certs and family passports) are still with them anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:35 pm

Switching from HSMP to WP resets the counter for ILR.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:36 pm

Some people (1+4 category) do not need to worry about reseting the clock this because they just lose 1 year. and in WP case you might get 5 years straight away.

But people who already got 1+3 (+1 if success) will suffer the most because they will lose 4 years of their qualifying year toward 5 years ILR.

Pantaiema
nileshratan wrote:Switching from HSMP to WP resets the counter for ILR.

Cheated

Post by Cheated » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:45 pm

pantaiema wrote:Some people (1+4 category) do not need to worry about reseting the clock this because they just lose 1 year. and in WP case you might get 5 years straight away.

But people who already got 1+3 (+1 if success) will suffer the most because they will lose 4 years of their qualifying year toward 5 years ILR.

Pantaiema
nileshratan wrote:Switching from HSMP to WP resets the counter for ILR.
That's sad. What are the (1+4) category doing about it? Any idea when the Judicial Review is due? I wonder if it will be the same result as the doctors.

At times I feel sorry for the youngsters still rushing in. They seem 'very confident' about their UK future. Well, I too was 'very (over) confident' until the Home Office kicked me where it hurts. Well, now I'm back to my senses.

Cheers

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:33 pm

Also, some people who are in this category may lllose points on the age category, because they get 4-5 years older. So in this case they need to compensate it from income ???

I believe when they pass the rule they do not foresee any future impact that might effect people.

Pantaiema
Cheated wrote: That's sad. What are the (1+4) category doing about it? Any idea when the Judicial Review is due? I wonder if it will be the same result as the doctors.

At times I feel sorry for the youngsters still rushing in. They seem 'very confident' about their UK future. Well, I too was 'very (over) confident' until the Home Office kicked me where it hurts. Well, now I'm back to my senses.

Cheers

Cheated

Post by Cheated » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:49 am

I had asked (Feb 1) to vary my HSMP (1+ ext) to Work Permit. Following which my company applied for a Work Permit this week.

But my passports are with the WP team from Feb 1 and they haven't returned it yet. I sent in the 'Request to vary application' slip back to the WP team also.

Will they only return it (passports, certc, etc.) only after processing my WP application (submitted by the company)?

Does anyone know what happens now?