ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi guys, I wanted to ask if I have to apply for another NI number, with my coa, or do I just use the old one, because I got the old one when I was a student.... Thanks ...

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 pm

evie233 wrote:Hi guys, I wanted to ask if I have to apply for another NI number, with my coa, or do I just use the old one, because I got the old one when I was a student.... Thanks ...
Do you already have an NI? If you don't, use the recent COA to apply for one.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:16 pm

Yes I do, but it was issued when my visa was still valid as a student.. so I suppose I can still use it then right? (Thanks prince74, its being long since we heard from you.. :)

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:35 pm

evie233 wrote:Yes I do, but it was issued when my visa was still valid as a student.. so I suppose I can still use it then right? (Thanks prince74, its being long since we heard from you.. :)
you can use your current NI you have got as long as it was issue in the same name you are using now( I mean as long as there is no change of name)

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:14 am

Yes its in my name, thanks for your reply...

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks.. :D
Last edited by evie233 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 pm

evie233 wrote:Hi guys, I wanted to ask if I have to apply for another NI number, with my coa, or do I just use the old one, because I got the old one when I was a student.... Thanks ...
Hey! you need to continue with the NI you don't have to apply for a new one

labelle

NEW COA BEING SENT OUT

Post by labelle » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:41 pm

Has anyone received a COA that doesn't allow them to work , I was told that the home office is issuing them now. Can someone who has recently received their COA (this month onwards) clarify this please?
This is a bit disappointing as I was hoping to start working when I receive mine :( .
Thanks

mam2

Post by mam2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:55 pm

I think it depends on the information you give on the application form and may be if one is not the biological parent of the child in cases of joint carers.
But why will they not give right to work? Nawaa o.
papa2

mam2

Post by mam2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Zambrano applied on EEA2 form 15/04/2012
COA Received on 08/08/2012 dated 15/05/2012 (apparently got missing in post so copy sent)
New form filled and sent 3/12/2012
No new COA issued eventhough first one expired on 15/11/2012
DFR1 card: waiting

If I may ask, is this timeline normal?
Last edited by mam2 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
papa2

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:22 pm

as far as i know its ok.
the next time you hear from them it ll be your derivative card.
they can rarely refuse you if you live with the british citizen child and not married to the father or cohabit with him

mam2

Post by mam2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks kofi75.
I will keep everyone updated whenever I hear from them.
papa2

progeny5kay

Any Derivative Residence card

Post by progeny5kay » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Has anybody been issued Derivative Residence card under Zambrano or does anybody know of any case that is Zambrano and has been issued a residence card cos it seems HO has not started Issuing Derivative Residence card and I wonder what they are waiting for as the regulation has been amended since Novemeber 2012?????

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 pm

I'm really fed up and tired of waiting. My coa expired in December. No coa no Resident card
:(

mam2

Post by mam2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:59 pm

I understand they have stopped issueing the old COA. Now issueing new ones. There is a response to a freedom of information request about caseworkers instructions on deciding zambrano applications. This can be found at www.whatdotheyknow.com.
Hope it helps.
papa2

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm

mam2 wrote:I understand they have stopped issueing the old COA. Now issueing new ones. There is a response to a freedom of information request about caseworkers instructions on deciding zambrano applications. This can be found at www.whatdotheyknow.com.
Hope it helps.
Sorry what does the new one entials???

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:37 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
mam2 wrote:I understand they have stopped issueing the old COA. Now issueing new ones. There is a response to a freedom of information request about caseworkers instructions on deciding zambrano applications. This can be found at www.whatdotheyknow.com.
Hope it helps.

I think it states derivative residence card certificate of application rather than the former one which was Zambrano certificate of application. It was just re worded

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Hope it helps.
Thanks you very much I have checked the FOI request they are just being vague about the whole time they will start issuing I pray they start soon cos it is long overdue now and they are just kind of dragging their feet.

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:58 pm

mikilo2008 wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
Hope it helps.

I think it states derivative residence card certificate of application rather than the former one which was Zambrano certificate of application. It was just re worded
Yeah they are just trying to cover their own back and that is why they make it a point to send us the derivative form but am sure it will be challenged in court anyway cos i don't see anyway it is not going amount to discrimination when you have lived in the UK for 5 years work and contributed like any other person with the normal residence card, that is making zambranos second class human beings

labelle

Post by labelle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 pm

mikilo2008 wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
Hope it helps.

Does the new ones allow you to work ? Also can you claim some kind of benefits if you are not allowed to work when your application is still a waiting approval ?
May God help us all.

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:59 pm

labelle wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
Hope it helps.

Does the new ones allow you to work ? Also can you claim some kind of benefits if you are not allowed to work when your application is still a waiting approval ?
May God help us all.
. Yes it does allow you to work its the same as the standard one. Sorry it doesn't allow you to claim any kind of benefit. It's just for employment purposes and based on experience some employers don't even acknowledge it. And at the end of the day when your derivative residence card finally arrives you are not even entitled to any form of benefits what so ever. All you get is what you can work for. Very discriminatory :(

labelle

Post by labelle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:39 am

mikilo2008 wrote:
labelle wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:
progeny5kay wrote: Sorry what does the new one entials???

May God help us all.

Yes it does allow you to work its the same as the standard one. Sorry it doesn't allow you to claim any kind of benefit. It's just for employment purposes and based on experience some employers don't even acknowledge it. And at the end of the day when your derivative residence card finally arrives you are not even entitled to any form of benefits what so ever. All you get is what you can work for. Very discriminatory :(
Wow!not even child benefit , how sad . And indeed very discriminatory. Thanks milkilo

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:54 am

Yes,only contributory based benefits like maternity/ parternity pay, pension etc. I won't even call these benefit cos they are not. I hope they don't write on vignette" no recourse to public funds" cos that will make it even worse.
papa2

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:32 am

labelle wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:
labelle wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:

May God help us all.

Yes it does allow you to work its the same as the standard one. Sorry it doesn't allow you to claim any kind of benefit. It's just for employment purposes and based on experience some employers don't even acknowledge it. And at the end of the day when your derivative residence card finally arrives you are not even entitled to any form of benefits what so ever. All you get is what you can work for. Very discriminatory :(
Every British child is entitled to child benefit. We should be able to get that because its the child entitlement. I think that's all we can get. I have the feeling that they will write no recourse to public funds. Fingers cross lets pray and hope for the best. Will be getting married soon and will apply for RC as a spouse of an eu national

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:04 pm

mikilo2008 wrote:
labelle wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:
labelle wrote: Does the new ones allow you to work ? Also can you claim some kind of benefits if you are not allowed to work when your application is still a waiting approval ?
May God help us all.

Every British child is entitled to child benefit. We should be able to get that because its the child entitlement. I think that's all we can get. I have the feeling that they will write no recourse to public funds. Fingers cross lets pray and hope for the best. Will be getting married soon and will apply for RC as a spouse of an eu national
To be honest I don't understand what you guys on about not being able to get benefit may be not all type of benefit but I think housing benefit and some other benefits will be possible as someone just took some county to court late last year when they said she can't get housing benefit and she won please correct me if am wrong, so if am correct they will not put no recourse to public fund because that will mean you can't claim any type of benefit and to be honest I will be stupid if am told that i can't get benefit and not challenge it in court plus once they issue me the derivative residence card i will be taking them to court on the permanent resident rule