ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU FAMILY VISA TO GREMANY

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

olohimah
Newly Registered

EU FAMILY VISA TO GREMANY

Post by olohimah » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi Guy

Am irish citizen , am in nigeria presently i will like to visits germany with my wife and little boy, i just want to know from u guys dat which document did i need to summit for family eu visa for wife and baby.thanks

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:05 pm

In theory, you should be able to make use of the free movement directive. This means that passports, marriage and birth certificates should be sufficient. You should also not need to pay for the visa. In practice, the embassy may not subscribe to this. Have you checked their embassy web page?

olohimah
Newly Registered

Post by olohimah » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 pm

[quote="sum1"]In theory, you should be able to make use of the free movement directive. This means that passports, marriage and birth certificates should be sufficient. You should also not need to pay for the visa. In practice, the embassy may not subscribe to this. Have you checked their embassy web page?[/quot

Thanks for your reply , i just i receive email from the germany embassy in lagos now 4 the requirement but my problem is that dey were requesting 4 hotel reservation. i just want to know weather the eu directive is working or not can u guys alighting me more about this .
thanks again ,sum1

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:38 pm

As an Irish national wishing to cross the border to another member state the Directive applies. The relevant parts are Article 5 and 6, and Section 2 in the German implementation (see points 5 and 6). Have you raised this point with them?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Note that should you wish to remain in Germany for longer than 90 days, that you can be required to find work or be otherwise self sufficient.

Or you can stay for just a visit.

olohimah
Newly Registered

Post by olohimah » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:09 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Note that should you wish to remain in Germany for longer than 90 days, that you can be required to find work or be otherwise self sufficient.

Or you can stay for just a visit.

Thanks for your reply , my wife have summitted her aplication on eu family with the germany embassy in lagos, i will u keep in touch. thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:26 am

Germany is a great place once you get used to it. I lived there for may years and still enjoy visiting. I should come with you!

Please let us know how it goes!

olohimah
Newly Registered

expired germany visa and stiil want to travel to uk

Post by olohimah » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 am

Am an Irish citizen already in germany with my wife and my little child with 2 weeks visa {familienangehoriger eines union - / ewr- burgers} expired now , before the expiring of the visa , i appled 4 family permit 4 my family to travel with to uk and the visa was issued to (accompany )me to uk we are about to leave i hope my family will not have any problem with the immigration at airport . pls advise . thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Germany is a great place once you get used to it. I lived there for may years and still enjoy visiting. I should come with you!

Please let us know how it goes!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: expired germany visa and stiil want to travel to uk

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:28 pm

olohimah wrote:Am an Irish citizen already in germany with my wife and my little child with 2 weeks visa {familienangehoriger eines union - / ewr- burgers} expired now , before the expiring of the visa , i appled 4 family permit 4 my family to travel with to uk and the visa was issued to (accompany )me to uk we are about to leave i hope my family will not have any problem with the immigration at airport . pls advise . thanks
An EU citizen and their family member can leave a member state to travel to another with a valid passport. No exit visa may be imposed. See article 5.4 of directive 2004/38/EC.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 am

You should travel with your marriage certificate, and possibly birth certificates. That way, even if you do not have what somebody claims is a "required visa", you can still enter and leave. See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/