ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bajan1977
Newly Registered

Post by Bajan1977 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:41 pm

As this is your wife's first application using FLR M, because she was previously here as a dependent of a PSW visa holder and not as a spouse, the new rules will apply. Therefore inferring that the combined annual income for yourselves and your three children should be around £27,200.00. As per the new rules, failing that, you would need to show some form of savings which is worked out using the following formula 16000+ (2.5 times the shortfall in income). Please correct me if I am wrong senior members.
nadeem toheed wrote:Hello,
Could anyone guide me please regarding my question,
I've sent my application( 10th Dec.2012) for ILR on the basis of ten year long residence as i got four dependents (3 kids born in UK and wife ), my wife is with me here in UK from march 2006 up till now and she got PSW dependent visa till 30th July 2014, my questions is
do i need to show the maintenance requirements ( 18600 pounds ) or more for my dependent spouse visa ?
please guide me
Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Bajan1977 wrote: Please correct me if I am wrong senior members
Read this before you make assumptions.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:37 am

For anyone thinking of contacting the media, please see the email below from Diane Taylor, a journalist who has written many articles on such issues:

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your application for a marriage visa. I would be interested to try to get some hard statistics. I would be v interested to see what the FoI request yields so please do let me know. You might also be interested in being in touch with someone called Steve Green from an organisation called Brit Cits <britcits@gmail.com> who is highlighting similar issues to the ones you are experiencing. Do keep in touch. If I have evidence of widespread chaos I would try to put an article together

Thanks

Diane

Diane's email address is diane.taylor0.t21@btinternet.com. If enough people contact her, perhaps she'll write something.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Bajan1977 wrote: Please correct me if I am wrong senior members
Read this before you make assumptions.
@Bajan - Read chapter 8 and 3.5 your answer is there

ID29

Post by ID29 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Xiaozhu wrote:... You might also be interested in being in touch with someone called Steve Green from an organisation called Brit Cits <britcits@gmail.com> who is highlighting similar issues to the ones you are experiencing.
Thanks Xiaozhu

The website for Brit Cits is here: BritCits

daiyan.suraya

BIO-METRICS CARD RECEIVED TODAY!!!

Post by daiyan.suraya » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Guys finally got the long awaited good news today!!

I applied on 13th April 2012
Biometrics completed- 11th May 2012
Phone call made several times, but the last time was on Monday 14th Jan 13 when they gave a different answer saying "your application is with a caseworker and you will receive your application in due course" usually they say "incomplete"
Decisions was made - Tuesday 15th Jan 13.
Documents received - Thursday 24th Jan 13 (2nd class delivery)
Bio metrics card received - 21st Jan 13!!!

My solicitor received all the docs but did not ring till today!

I hope it helps those people that are still waiting, and don't worry hopefully you shall receive yours too!

Daiyan. :D :D

ID29

Re: BIO-METRICS CARD RECEIVED TODAY!!!

Post by ID29 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:58 pm

daiyan.suraya wrote:Documents received - Thursday 24th Jan 13 (2nd class delivery)
24th?

Congratulations, and try not to let that big smile hurt your face too much :wink:

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 pm

ID29 wrote:
daiyan.suraya wrote:Documents received - Thursday 24th Jan 13 (2nd class delivery)
24th?

sorry 17th of may :)

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 am

daiyan.suraya wrote:
ID29 wrote:
24th?

im sure you mean the 17th of january

AussieBlueJeans
Newly Registered

UKBA phone call

Post by AussieBlueJeans » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 am

Called the UKBA this morning about my application and spoke to Mrs Brown. She was a really nice lady and proceeded to tell me that my application has not been processed. Big surprise there. I then asked her when the UKBA were expecting to clear the current back log of applications, to which her answer was simple "I don't know". However, she informed me that 65% of FLR applications are completed within 6 weeks of biometrics while the other 35% are taking longer. When I asked how much longer, she just said "longer".
She then thanked me for my call and told me that I would just have to wait to be contacted by the UKBA.

Needless to say, I was not at all impresses by the outcome of my phone call, and was so frustrated by the fact that she was so nice. It's hard to be narky and demanding when you have someone so nice on the other end of the phone.

Anyway, moral of the story, don't bother phoning because it is a waste of time, energy and money.

Fingers crossed my approval drops through the letterbox any day now, not holding my breath though.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:22 pm

My Wife's FLR(M) timeline

Application Sent : 21/01/2013

waiting for rest

I have applied ILR on 10 yrs long residency in August 2012 and I am still awaiting its decision

can someone please update the skydrive
s

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:25 pm

egoneo wrote:
daiyan.suraya wrote:
ID29 wrote:
24th?

im sure you mean the 17th of january

Sorry everyone!! these are the correct dates:

I applied on 13th April 2012
Biometrics completed- 11th May 2012
Phone call made several times, but the last time was on Monday 14th Jan 13 when they gave a different answer saying "your application is with a caseworker and you will receive your application in due course" usually they say "incomplete"
Decisions was made - Tuesday 15th Jan 13.
Documents received - Thursday 17th Jan 13 (2nd class delivery)
Bio metrics card received - 21st Jan 13!!!

cityboy25
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy25 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 am

Hi Mate, I applied on Feb 6, 2012 and my case worker requested for more docs dated 10/1/13 and have posted the required docs via special delivery (next day) on 19/01/13 and now that i track the docs 3 days later is still saying ''Your item with reference A*************GB has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery.'', has anyone experienced such a situation before? please advice as d docs has deadline for submission.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 am

cityboy25 wrote:Hi Mate, I applied on Feb 6, 2012 and my case worker requested for more docs dated 10/1/13 and have posted the required docs via special delivery (next day) on 19/01/13 and now that i track the docs 3 days later is still saying ''Your item with reference A*************GB has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery.'', has anyone experienced such a situation before? please advice as d docs has deadline for submission.
May be because of the adverse weather conditions we faced recently. Keep your SD Posting receipts to safe. Also try to ring them (Case Worker's Dept) and explain the situation. See if you can get through to the person who sent you the request. BTW keep us updated!
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Xcape_24
Nigeria

Post by Xcape_24 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 am

cityboy25 wrote:Hi Mate, I applied on Feb 6, 2012 and my case worker requested for more docs dated 10/1/13 and have posted the required docs via special delivery (next day) on 19/01/13 and now that i track the docs 3 days later is still saying ''Your item with reference A*************GB has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery.'', has anyone experienced such a situation before? please advice as d docs has deadline for submission.
Am in the same situation and my deadline day is the 25th of this month,am waiting to ring ukba first thing tomorrow morning just to comfirm if they have receive docs they requested.

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 am

hello Cityboy
i hope you wont mind if you could share us what more documents ukba required in your case
if you dont mind please
thanks

meemyself&I

Received 2nd biometric

Post by meemyself&I » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Well, recap is that I mistakenly sent in a SET M application on 23 Oct 2012, wherein I should have sent in a FLR M application.

I varied my application on 31 October 2012, and ask that SET M team send off my supporting document over to FLR M team.

I received a biometric letter in late November 2012, from the content of the biometric letter, I am assuming that this was from SET M team, as it had Settlement Casework enquiries information at the back of the biometric letter. (I was of the opinion that SET M team where now ready to pass on my paper work to FLR M team, hence the reason of requesting the biometric, so I thought they were helping FLR M team to process the next stage before sending the passport and supporting documents off to them).

I have recently received another biometric letter, this time it does not have the Settlement Casework enquiries information at the back of the letter, so I am assuming it is from FLR M team.

- My concern is that, the case reference numbers are different (I assume it will have to be as they are different teams).

- My query now is, does this mean SET M is processing the application I sent them, whereas FLR M is also processing the the other application?
- Any thought on this will be useful.

- Also, i have not received any refund, what they did was to take out the further FULL payment for the FLR M fees from the account I provided.

- Do I have to request the refund myself.

Thank you for your contributions.
God's divine child

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 am

guys read this its just mind boggling, if you think waiting a year is bad try 9 years!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21170495

ADee
Newly Registered

First post & Timeline

Post by ADee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:24 am

Hi Everyone,

This is my first ever post on this forum and I have been a silent reader of this topic since last 3 months.Today,finally I decided to share my timeline with you all and ask a question to senior members.

Before proceeding further I really want to appreciate the efforts and help of some of the members like 'Damanisshallo', 'Backagain' & 'ID29'.There is no doubt that you guys kept this forum alive and are helping everyone as much as you can.

This forum also helped me a lot to stay positive & patient in this state of frustration and never ending wait.

Before sharing my timeline I want to ask that if anyone know a standard format of writing a letter to Local MP regarding FLR (M) application, as I am thinking to involve my MP into this.Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

My Timeline is :

Date Applied/Docs sent: 3/7/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: 18/7/2012
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 13/10/2012
Date Biometrics Appointment : 15/10/2012
Date Complaint Sent to HO : 18/12/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Still Waiting
Date BRP Received:Still Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M)

strayaleprechaun
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA phone call

Post by strayaleprechaun » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:06 am

AussieBlueJeans wrote:However, she informed me that 65% of FLR applications are completed within 6 weeks of biometrics while the other 35% are taking longer.
Surely this is not reflective of the Skydrive and also what others have been told about a 6 month wait after biometrics? I hate that reading it gave me a little flicker of hope that it is true and we would be in the 65%, but how likely is that, do you reckon?!

Great to see some people are starting to get their visas. At least things are moving in the right direction.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: First post & Timeline

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:41 am

ADee wrote:I want to ask that if anyone know a standard format of writing a letter to Local MP regarding FLR (M) application, as I am thinking to involve my MP into this.Any help will be highly appreciated.
Use this link to search for your local MP and draft your request. Its a usual email explaining the situation and state that you've now crossed the standard waiting time. Every individual is different and have different history. So, I wonder if a generic template would serve. BTW Keep us updated.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Diane Taylor

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 am

Email Sent to Diane wrote:Hi Diane,

Recently, I've read on one of the forums that you are interested in stats on UKBA Marriage Visa delays. Please find below the spreadsheets maintained at the ImmigrationBoard Forum.

How to use Skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.
NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data/graph, then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" and then by "Current Status"

Many Thanks
Response from Diane Taylor wrote:Following today's report by John Vine I have proposed a feature to guardian's G2 section on how UKBA damages and interferes with genuine relationships. If the editor goes for this I'll be in touch very soon. As you know there has been a lot of news coverage today of this issue but a feature allows more scope to highlight the human side of what's going on.

Thanks
diane.taylor0.t21@btinternet.com
Skydrives, Templates

AussieBlueJeans
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA phone call

Post by AussieBlueJeans » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 am

strayaleprechaun wrote:
AussieBlueJeans wrote:However, she informed me that 65% of FLR applications are completed within 6 weeks of biometrics while the other 35% are taking longer.
Surely this is not reflective of the Skydrive and also what others have been told about a 6 month wait after biometrics? I hate that reading it gave me a little flicker of hope that it is true and we would be in the 65%, but how likely is that, do you reckon?!

Great to see some people are starting to get their visas. At least things are moving in the right direction.
These were my same thoughts when she told me on the phone. I don't know where they are getting any of their statistics from but I'm inclined not to believe any of them. The only statistics I am relying on are those on the Skydrive, at least we know these are true figures from real people.

If indeed they are completing 65% 6 weeks after biometrics, it seems that all of us posting to the forum must be the other 35% that are taking "longer".
Doubtful! Someone very creative is just plucking numbers out of think air and calling them statistics it seems.

Owell, at least we are not all alone in our wait!

strayaleprechaun
Newly Registered

Re: Diane Taylor

Post by strayaleprechaun » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:22 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Email Sent to Diane wrote:Hi Diane,

Recently, I've read on one of the forums that you are interested in stats on UKBA Marriage Visa delays. Please find below the spreadsheets maintained at the ImmigrationBoard Forum.

How to use Skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.
NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data/graph, then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" and then by "Current Status"

Many Thanks
Response from Diane Taylor wrote:Following today's report by John Vine I have proposed a feature to guardian's G2 section on how UKBA damages and interferes with genuine relationships. If the editor goes for this I'll be in touch very soon. As you know there has been a lot of news coverage today of this issue but a feature allows more scope to highlight the human side of what's going on.

Thanks
diane.taylor0.t21@btinternet.com
Wow - what a great advocate you are for us all Damanisshallo. Let's hope this gets the ball rolling!

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 am

Thanks Daminishallo and others for also contacting Diane Taylor. I also got the same email from her this morning.