ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for Spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 am

Hi All

Can someone please advice my wife was for 5 years on Spouse visa on the ground that I had work permit visa, back in October we received ILR as far I understood I need to wait 1 year before I can apply for Naturalisation is that the case with my wife to ???

Many thanks for your help

cricinfo

Re: Naturalisation for Spouse

Post by cricinfo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:46 am

avimichal wrote:Hi All

Can someone please advice my wife was for 5 years on Spouse visa on the ground that I had work permit visa, back in October we received ILR as far I understood I need to wait 1 year before I can apply for Naturalisation is that the case with my wife to ???

Yes if she is applying on 5 years ground then she has to wait 1 year after getting ILR. Only BC spouse can apply straightaway after getting ILR provided if he/she meets all the other requirements.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation for Spouse

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:31 pm

avimichal wrote:Hi All

The earliest your wife can apply is with you. Of course, there are all the standard requirements that needs to be met.

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Many thanks to all of you.