ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance's Visa - questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Fiance's Visa - questions

Post by fatimahanif » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 am

Hi,

I would like to know about finance's visa if anyone has any information.

1. As far as I know the fiance' visa is given for 6 months and if granted, the marriage must happen between this time. My question is, can the dependent then apply for further leave to remain from within the UK? if yes, which form they will have to use?

2. Has anyone has experience of applying fiance' visa from Pakistan? Due to some reason (which I dont wish to disclose) the marriage can not happen in Pakistan so the person must come here on a fiance' visa. Does anyone know the success rate for this?

3. I imagine that most of the documents will be same as are used for spouse visa with the exception of marriage certificate? If there is anything anyone knows which can strengthen the case, please do let me know.

Thanking you in advance...

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:30 pm

1. FLR(M)
2. Success or failure depends on the individual. Knowing that A was granted and B was refused has no bearing on your applicationl
3. You don't have to imagine anything, you can read the requirements on the UKBA site.

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Post by fatimahanif » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Thank you.

I have read the requirements on UKBA website but I am not sure how can I provide evidence of some of them for example

• evidence that you intend to marry or register your civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually 6 months)

• evidence that you intend to live together permanently after you have married or registered your civil partnership

Also to prove that the relations is genuine and subsiding the guidance provided is below but most of these apply only if you are already living together.

If your relationship is genuine and subsisting we would expect you to be able to show evidence that you:
• are in a current, long-term relationship;
• are living together with your partner;
• share responsibility with your partner for any children;
• share financial responsibilities with your partner, such as a joint mortgage or tenancy agreement, a joint bank account or joint savings, and utility bills in both your name
s;
• and your partner have visited one another's home country and family; and
• you have made plans about living together in the UK with your partner.

which is why I am asking help from others so I can prepare proper documents.

Thank you again.